West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well if we signed Dempsey atleast our Yank supporters (and Kaizero aka plastic Yank) would  enjoy the rest of the day with permanent erections.

That would be awesome.  As con-FIRM-ed by my boner. 

:lol: It would.

edit: It wood.

:lol:

The funny thing is, well not really funny, but anyway. If in the summer Ashley goes about and spends 35 million on players, he'll be looked on as really giving it back to the fans, whereas in reality he's Net spent nowt, and in any other window a Net spend of nothing would be considered being tight. So in essence he gets one free transfer window, and lets be honest most people will be happy if we spend 20 -25 million in the summer.

:clap:

Finally.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It is slightly depressing that Liverpool are prepared to splash the cash after half a bad season. To be fair though, they are about to receive £50m for Torres.

There you go. They've spent nowt.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Feel fucking sick.

:sadnod:

Woke up this morning looking forward to today/tonight.

Did Mike Ashley sell your plans to Liverpool too?

The really sad thing is that Andy never got a full season to try to win at Newcastle.  In his 1 and a half years getting consistent burn on the team, we won the Championship and are in the top half of the most grueling league in the world with a squad that has had it's share of injuries and mostly the same players from the Championship side.  He never got a good strike partner at Newcastle, he never got a full season with the same manager (in the Prem at least).

HE WAS our nucleus.  HE WAS the ciritical building block for the team to get back to European contention.  HE WAS signed to a deal through 2015.

Now we're a team trying to build a nucleus of players to deliver us success, and that can do so without spending like City, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

The thing is we just sold the best building block we could ever possibly have imagined.

If you close your eyes and think about the kind of player you'd want to build a team around, you'd think of a young, hardworking striker who can get goals.

We just had one.  Now we don't.  That we don't anymore shows the opposite of ambition for football success.

Nolan is the nucleus. He's the one that galvinised the players.

I mean more like the young nucleus that will get this club to Europe, which we all should expect.  Nolan is the skipper and a great leader, but I'm talking more about the core of talented young players that we should be looking to build the team around.  Nolan is good, but do we expect him to be here and contributing so much in 3-4 years? 

Carroll was the player that we should have been building our team around to get to Europe in the next couple of years.  Now I suppose it's Ben Arfa, but I'm not so optimistic on him being around past next January with the current management.

Carrol's one player though and it's a British record fee. I have taken off the NUFC rose tinted specticals and found that we will be able to buy some better all round players and add to a team that consists of 11 players not just 1 which everyone is built around.

Lets see how he does at Liverpool without Norlan and Barton.

The Kop forum :"Welcome to the clube Andy. Play well, try hard, and show some loyalty." :-\ loyalty...

If he does well there, he'll fuck off somewhere better for champions league football within a couple of years. They may be one step ahead of us, but they're still just a fucking stepping stone like the rest of us outside of the big four.

I think its pretty clear that this is going to be Ashley's business model from now on.

He's strengthened our ability to identify young, gifted players and has structured the club to provide a method of showing them off.  He will now just churn-and-burn, getting young new talents in to the club, show them off and sell them.  We're now just a money making business for Ashley and a talent factory for the rest of the league.

why are the mongs out- have they not got internets like?

They barely have homes, mate.

How would you know?

His cardboard box is next to theirs, he's a higher class of tramp though as his cardboard box has those sides that act as doors and can be shut while everyone else just has them ripped out.

"Look at the dedication of these Stoke fans"

Fucking hell man, grown men standing about behind the cameras, atleast our lot are below the age of 15

my mates lass went to college there and we used to stay over- there is fuck all to do but look for someone with a camera to annoy.

I think its pretty clear that this is going to be Ashley's business model from now on.

He's strengthened our ability to identify young, gifted players and has structured the club to provide a method of showing them off.  He will now just churn-and-burn, getting young new talents in to the club, show them off and sell them.  We're now just a money making business for Ashley and a talent factory for the rest of the league.

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree, but is this not the only example?

The funny thing is, well not really funny, but anyway. If in the summer Ashley goes about and spends 35 million on players, he'll be looked on as really giving it back to the fans, whereas in reality he's Net spent nowt, and in any other window a Net spend of nothing would be considered being tight. So in essence he gets one free transfer window, and lets be honest most people will be happy if we spend 20 -25 million in the summer.

He needs to spend more than what he's just brought in or today is a total piss take.

Yeah, the Dan Gosling signing was Ashley's wet dream. A young talented player we signed for free and who Ashley hopes will blossom into a £10million player in 2-3 years.