West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At the end of the day Alan Shearer rejected a big money move to united back in the day nothing could make him leave. If Carrolll was a true geordie like that he would have done the same. Alan Shearer is the true cult hero andy carroll like I said earlier is just a money grabbing c*nt

Shearer's legacy will be romanticised in the aftermath of Carroll leaving. But the comparison doesn't completely stick. Newcastle were one of the best teams in the country, favourites to finish in the top 2. He was going to be getting big money anywhere, and I'm sure he commanded big money any time he renegotiated his contract.

I don't trust Ashley either, but I don't believe there's any way the club would publicly state that Carroll handed in a transfer request if it wasn't fact.

Why not? During the KK court case didnt the club admit they misled the fans - no reason they would not do the same here

I don't trust Ashley either, but I don't believe there's any way the club would publicly state that Carroll handed in a transfer request if it wasn't fact.

I think they would say anything to try and get them out of a corner, in this case I don't see how they would get away with it because even if they gagged Carroll his agent would speak up for him.

Guest neesy111

Pretty much my view.  Something does not add up at all, it's hard for clubs to force players out of clubs if they don't want to leave.

Guest firetotheworks

Shearer had just won the Golden Boot in Euro 96 as well.  He was voted 3rd in the world player of the year.  Won PFA player of the year that season.

Tron you need some help mate.

Yes Shearer was regarded as one of the best strikers in the world and could have easly gone on to make way more money at a bigger club and win lots more trophies but he is a true geordie and stayed loyal. Completly unlike andy carroll who is as loyal as a slapper.

No offence, but you've got absolutely fuck all of an idea as to what happened. If it's turned out that Carroll has instigated this, then fair enough, but if Ashley's taught me one thing, it's to never believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. You should wait and see what we find out over the next few days before laying it all on Carroll. At least learn from the shit that Ashley has put us through ffs.

Guest neesy111

I think they would say anything to try and get them out of a corner, in this case I don't see how they would get away with it because even if they gagged Carroll his agent would speak up for him.

We have these transcripts out already tomorrow.

You're both right, I just think in this case it's too big a legal risk to lie about the transfer request, and they would be so easily exposed by Carroll or one of his crew.

That said, you're also right about the KK case so I guess they are even prepared to libel people.

You're both right, I just think in this case it's too big a legal risk to lie about the transfer request, and they would be so easily exposed by Carroll or one of his crew.

That said, you're also right about the KK case so I guess they are even prepared to libel people.

The accounts for this year might be interesting but this will be forgotten about by the time they are released.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure our legal team would have advised not to put any bollocks about the player himself, as that could easily be punished in court of law.

Guest neesy111

So, with Martins and now Carroll, how long before talk starts circulating that the No.9 is cursed?

Cursed in what way?

"All I have ever wanted to do is play for Newcastle United," he told the club's official website.

"That's been the case since I was a teenager, playing in the juniors and reserves, and it's still the same now."

Carroll, who has scored four Premier League goals this season, added: "Every time I pull on the black and white shirt - and even more so now that I have the number nine on my back - it means the world to me so to be able to do that for at least the next five years is brilliant."

You can´t put a price on the joy and pride of having a local #9 banging in goals. I wouldn´t have sold him at any price, sooooo disappointed that he´s leaving at such an young age and he isn´t even leaving for a top 4 club ffs. Sure Liverpool have the ambition but there is no guarantee that they'll be a top 4 side next season. Wouldn´t he rather be playing for his hometown club sitting around 7th-8th spot than Liverpool at 5th? Every fucking time when you have a shimmer of hope and optimism for the future then Mike Ashely comes in and fucks it up (no doubt in my mind that he has his fat greasy hand in this).

Guest Nikos34

If I was ever lucky enough to sign for the Toon then I'd never want to play for any other club ever again. Even if someone fancied doubling my already astronomical wages!

We didn't need to sell Andy Carroll. Selling England's best striker isn't good business whatever the price is. I'm gutted.

MONEY HAS DESTROYED FOOTBALL.

Ashley was always going to snatch there hands off but it wouldn't hurt for a player to want to stay put for a change, would it? But the players want their 10% of the fee don't they? Greedy bastards.

What good is 35m when you can't replace your best striker? Why sell your best players? Football is about winning matches surely?

It's a good job we've already got 30 points because we won't be the same now. I hope I'm wrong like.

I still think Ranger could be class but we still haven't given him a fair run yet, despite what a lot of fans say. Shame we never played him up there with Carroll. It'll be Best & Lovenkrands before him for some reason!

Fuck Andy Carroll!!! Shola for England! Howay the lads!

The Express has them and I think they are in here somewhere, Carroll doesn't say that he hadn't asked for a transfer, he says he was forced out or words to that effect.

Guest neesy111

The Express has them and I think they are in here somewhere, Carroll doesn't say that he hadn't asked for a transfer, he says he was forced out or words to that effect.

That is just 1 text message, their are more coming out tomorrow.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Shearer had just won the Golden Boot in Euro 96 as well.  He was voted 3rd in the world player of the year.  Won PFA player of the year that season.

Yes Shearer was regarded as one of the best strikers in the world and could have easly gone on to make way more money at a bigger club and win lots more trophies but he is a true geordie and stayed loyal. Completly unlike andy carroll who is as loyal as a slapper.

No offence, but you've got absolutely f*** all of an idea as to what happened. If it's turned out that Carroll has instigated this, then fair enough, but if Ashley's taught me one thing, it's to never believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. You should wait and see what we find out over the next few days before laying it all on Carroll. At least learn from the s*** that Ashley has put us through ffs.

Look pal if Carroll didn't want to go to Liverpool he could have said no ashley cannot force him against his will he had a fuckin five year contract if he was loyal he would have told ashely "no fuck off I'm staying" but he didn't and instead requested a move blinded by his greed and the chance to play at a bigger club. And it is a bigger club.

Just shut up and accept your enemy ashley wasn't at fault for once it was Carroll's will and his will only.

Guest firetotheworks

No offence, but you've got absolutely f*** all of an idea as to what happened. If it's turned out that Carroll has instigated this, then fair enough, but if Ashley's taught me one thing, it's to never believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. You should wait and see what we find out over the next few days before laying it all on Carroll. At least learn from the s*** that Ashley has put us through ffs.

Look pal if Carroll didn't want to go to Liverpool he could have said no ashley cannot force him against his will he had a fuckin five year contract if he was loyal he would have told ashely "no f*** off I'm staying" but he didn't and instead requested a move blinded by his greed and the chance to play at a bigger club. And it is a bigger club.

Just shut up and accept your enemy ashley wasn't at fault for once it was Carroll's will and his will only.

Nah, I'll wait and see what transpires, before I consider babbling on about how the, until that point, perpetually and increasingly retarded liar Mike Ashley was blameless in all of this.

Why do so many think Ashley ould go to such lengths to save face and lie over this? He clearly has no sort of reputation or respect to keep in tact, no matter what he'll be hated by the masses until the day he leaves. All the whispers coming out through the day were that Carroll was keen on the move, it's ahrdly strange he would hand in a transfer request to force the deal through even if the timing was a bit suspicious.

Why do so many think Ashley ould go to such lengths to save face and lie over this? He clearly has no sort of reputation or respect to keep in tact, no matter what he'll be hated by the masses until the day he leaves. All the whispers coming out through the day were that Carroll was keen on the move, it's ahrdly strange he would hand in a transfer request to force the deal through even if the timing was a bit suspicious.

Truth. I don't agree at all with any ideas that Ashley lies to protect his image. He quite clearly doesn't give a shit what we think.

Is there a possibility that there wasn't even a transfer request? As crackers as it sounds, there's very little I'd put past them.

I wouldn't be surprised, the offer rejected, transfer request, offer accept sequence of events happened (or were reported/ leaked to the media) within a very short space of time.

Read one entry on a blog where they said that Carroll was already in Ashley's hellicopter at the same time that he supposedly handed in his transfer request which means that they could not have sold him in response to the request.  The timelines definitely do not add up.

If the club is lying (which I think it is) then I hope the truth comes out for Carroll's sake as he is getting so much flak which may well be unwarranted.

it all comes down to the much repeated line at this stage

he didn't have to agree to go, there is absolutely nothing ashley and co could have done to force him out when he had a 5 year contract and for someone broken up he looks remarkably cheerful in the lfc pics

Truth. I don't agree at all with any ideas that Ashley lies to protect his image. He quite clearly doesn't give a s*** what we think.

If Carroll wanted to stay, he couldve always rejected personal contract from liverpool. Whether there was a behind story or not does not matter. He just didnt want to stay bad enough and that says all for.me.