West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watching a Liverpool fan on a non-footy forum go on and on alternating things like

The picture of Torres with the Chelski shirt makes me feel sick. He's well and truly disrespected LFC and all the fans.

So why 3 weeks ago did Torres commit to the club? He said he was a pro and was going to finish his contract. Told bare faced lies.

BREAKING NEWS: Torres fails medical at Stamford Bridge, doctors couldn't find a heart or soul.

It just shows you there is actually no such word as loyalty in football now, well it's very rare.

With

Oh well, Carroll and Suarez can come in become our new heroes, start of a new era.

Watching a Liverpool fan on a non-footy forum go on and on alternating things like

The picture of Torres with the Chelski shirt makes me feel sick. He's well and truly disrespected LFC and all the fans.

So why 3 weeks ago did Torres commit to the club? He said he was a pro and was going to finish his contract. Told bare faced lies.

BREAKING NEWS: Torres fails medical at Stamford Bridge, doctors couldn't find a heart or soul.

It just shows you there is actually no such word as loyalty in football now, well it's very rare.

With

Oh well, Carroll and Suarez can come in become our new heroes, start of a new era.

God... not like they have Suarez and Carroll to cheer them up. What do we have? Fucking Ameobi

Still fucking gutted, like. Laughed at all my mates who said he'd go today - said there wasn't a chance. Genuinely depressed right now. The thought of Shola and Best being our first choice strikers for the rest of the season makes me want to cry.

Id have cared far less if we'd done this with some foreigners.

Its the romantic notion of boyhood hero #9, hearing CARROLLLL in the same way we heard Shearers name. Having a striker representing us that we knew/thought cared about playing for us & watching him dominate defences. That kinda stuff adds something extra.

I do however find myself backing Ben Arfa in the same way after all hes gone through, so its possible ofcourse. Just a big shame all this. I wish Hughton was here still, id have atleast had faith in his ability with the money.

I got told tonight by an ice hockey player that knows Carroll that Ashley asked him to leave with Carroll not wanting to go. But still if Carroll didnt want to leave he wouldnt have accepted the contract. Gutted wouldnt do how im feeling justice, especially as we havent even got a replacement. This club becomes more and more of a joke every other month, when you think everythings going good something always comes along and knocks you ten steps back. Mike Ashley you are a grade A cunt.

merlin...where does andy cole fit into that ?

I know all about Cole - he was sold purely and simply because KK thought it was good money and he wanted Les Ferdinand ...and most of all, Alan Shearer, both of whom arrived.

Are you going to put Carroll's transfer in the dame category as this ? Esp as KK forced Fergie to part with Gillespie in the deal, a young player very highly regarded at OT ? There is no comparison with the 2 deals ; NUFC were going to progress after the sale of Cole - do you think the dame sort of investment will be made by Ashley and Co, even in summer, and will they bust the wage structure to get replacements ?

Yes or No ?

Guest lebowski

David Craig, "Pardew has been open and honest since he arrived here"

Pardew only days ago, "Andy Carroll is not for sale"

Yes very f***ing honest!

You're a mong, sorry but that post is thick as f*** :lol:

Sorry pal you are the mong, this is exactly why pardew was bought in and a decent football man given the arse. Pardew was bought in as a yes man to Ashley's regime. To think any different is frankly naive

this is fucking depressing isn't it?

still at least he never went to spurs

was thinking about clubs faced with crossroads and how they behave, when faced with ours a couple of seasons ago ashley sold given & milner and we went down with a whimper

liverpool have had a fucking shocker this season and have just been faced with something of a crossroads, they've come out of it losing a great (yet unmotivated striker) and replacing him with 2 strikers who should lead their line for the next decade and score a fucking hatful together

says it all to me really

Guest lebowski

merlin...where does andy cole fit into that ?

I know all about Cole - he was sold purely and simply because KK thought it was good money and he wanted Les Ferdinand ...and most of all, Alan Shearer, both of whom arrived.

Are you going to put Carroll's transfer in the dame category as this ? Esp as KK forced Fergie to part with Gillespie in the deal, a young player very highly regarded at OT ? There is no comparison with the 2 deals ; NUFC were going to progress after the sale of Cole - do you think the dame sort of investment will be made by Ashley and Co, even in summer, and will they bust the wage structure to get replacements ?

Yes or No ?

The other thing about Cole was that it was rumoured that KK discovered he had a bit of a problem with a white substance and didn't want him in the dressing room any longer. I agree with you, if this club had any pretension at ambition Andy Carroll was the perfect player to keep as a focal point for the team. But obviously while Ashley is in control we are going to be Bolton in disquise

Merlin, that's a really interesting post. Can I ask then, why do you still support NUFC and do you get any enjoyment out of it?

Can I ask you, IanW, whether you are really interested in my feelings about NUFC, or are you just trying to hide behind some vision of gang loyalty by questioning my motives for the post ?

Either way, I am quite prepared to answer your question and I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks about it either...

If you have been reading my comments over the past 3 years, you will know that I take a different view of NUFC than most younger fans. You will know that I gave a large amount of time - my own FREE time - in being one of a group that actually DID something about bringing much-needed change to the club.

We succeeded to a point - the club had its most successful league showing since the 1950s after SJH and KK took over, but it DIDN'T win a trophy. Since SJH resigned as Chairman, the club has, apart from the spell when SBR was in charge, gone backwards. It is now owned by a person whose motives are unclear - perhaps even to himself.

Prior to the Hall takeover, many of us refused to buy STs in order to give another push into forcing the old board out - AND, crucially, to demonstrate our disapproval of how the club was being run.

If I was still in the UK, I would have probably stopped buying STs after the KK walkout fiasco, which proved to me that Ashley was an unfit Chairman. I WOULD have picked individual games because I still wanted the club to try to pick itself off the floor, but I would certainly NOT be buying an ST now after the club have proved their intent - or lack of it.

What were the first words Pardew uttered about the staff when he walked into SJP less than 2 months ago ? They were, if you need reminding, 'Andy Carroll is NOT for sale, we want to build the team round him'.

Where does all this leave the manager's credibility ? Where does it leave the club ? Who are the losers ?

Not Carroll, or NUFC(Ashley), not Liverpool, but the FANS - once again.

If you have to approve the club's actions to be classed as a 'fan', then as far as I'm concerned, forget it.

Its easier for me as I am thousands of miles away and the biggest problem I have is standing aloof from the laughter which ensues when one admits to having been an NUFC fan !

If NUFC get relegated, it won't alter my life - it will for thousands over there, but I WILL be saddened that the club has, once again, become totally second-rate when it could - and should - have been totally different.

If my views offend any on here - tough. If you feel that strongly about what I think, then say so, and I'll leave the site to those who wish to live in an unreal version of the Football world.....just as thousands of older fans have done in past years - look at the fall in the ST waiting list if you don't believe me.

I hope the club is on the point of being sold - otherwise, I cannot see how they are going to build a decent team - and keep it - over the next few years.

Can't direct my anger at anyone other than Carroll over this tbh.

35m for a player who has had 6 months of good top flight football and has had numerous run ins with the law and is known for generally being a bit of a loose cannon is a very difficult deal to turn down.

That said, my guess is that Ashley was willing to do that if Carroll wanted to stay.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to fuck off and followed the money. Hope the cunt turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary wanker.

That said, my guess is that Ashley was willing to do that if Carroll wanted to stay.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to fuck off and followed the money. Hope the cunt turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary wanker.

what do you base any of that on dude?

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Pardew certainly seemed confident in the radio interview that there would be quite a bit of dealing in the summer. Obviously you don't have to believe him, but I'll at least be hopeful we'll make a couple of decent signings.

We might not get the full £35m for players, but a good slice of it would be nice.

Dream on. This club is a joke.

Carroll says he was forced out the club according to the daily star. Supposedly, Carroll had been sending txts to a close friend saying they wanted the money for him n was gutted he had to leave.