West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wonder if Carroll took into consideration the fact that every player who signs for Liverpool gets their home burgled?

His new car was torched in Newcastle a few months ago, what's your point?

It was tongue in cheek. Every Liverpool player seems to get burgled.

During matches of course.

I wonder if Carroll took into consideration the fact that every player who signs for Liverpool gets their home burgled?

His new car was torched in Newcastle a few months ago, what's your point?

It was tongue in cheek. Every Liverpool player seems to get burgled.

During matches of course.

Yes. I was going to say when they play in Europe but I couldn't remember if they're still in the Europa cup.

"Gotten" is a pointless American word. The word "Got" covers all the possible uses "Gotten" would have.

Gotten is a word of UK origin dating back to the middle ages. Shakespeare, for one, used "gotten" and not "got". "Got" is actually a shortened version of "Gotten", which is a much older word, shortened by speakers of British English no less. The irony here is that you are complaining about the Americans actually using the long, original, version of a word when the general consensus is that the American version of English is lazy.

Just had to clear that up.

"Got and gotten are not identical in use. Gotten usually implies the process of obtaining something, as in he had gotten us tickets for the show, while got implies the state of possession or ownership, as in I haven't got any money."

"Gotten" is a pointless American word. The word "Got" covers all the possible uses "Gotten" would have.

Gotten is a word of UK origin dating back to the middle ages. Shakespeare, for one, used "gotten" and not "got". "Got" is actually a shortened version of "Gotten", which is a much older word, shortened by speakers of British English no less. The irony here is that you are complaining about the Americans actually using the long, original, version of a word when the general consensus is that the American version of English is lazy.

"Got and gotten are not identical in use. Gotten usually implies the process of obtaining something, as in he had gotten us tickets for the show, while got implies the state of possession or ownership, as in I haven't got any money."

I'll edit "American" out and the point still stands. "He got us tickets for the show" is a lot less of a mouthful than "he had gotten us tickets for the show".

I'm sure that was a factor for him...much like this was too...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi3VRX8zQNxmvM_dPMXn2jJOH_diNKYONPJCC6ogHono2YPfkirA&t=1http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Andy-Carroll-Car.jpg

Is that real? If so is that extra u intentional, a la Boycoutt? Fair play to mackem cunt that did it if so, didn't realise they could be that witty. :lol:

I'll edit "American" out and the point still stands. "He got us tickets for the show" is a lot less of a mouthful than "he had gotten us tickets for the show".

The possibility of using variations of a word eases the stress on a reader. In oral English I can see where it may be a mouthful, but in written English it definiately serves it's purpose well. Then again it's oral English that's made the youth of today write "should of" instead of "should have" and so on, maybe a bigger mouthful is what they need. The ill-feeling towards the word comes from constant mis-use of it which riles people up, just as "should of" riles people up. Which it should. The problem here is people not using words correctly, not the word itself.

The rest of your signature is sound, though. :thup: You should keep adding to it.

I know i'm as soft as shite but after about 30 seconds of the lfc interview, i felt sorry for him. He looks uncomfortable.

I wonder if he woke up this morning and wondered "what the fuck have I done?" Somewhere in my heart I want him to regret it already - despite all the money.

What a fucking tragic 30 hours.

When I left the office today I had to go back in because I'd forgotten to do something. As I turned my laptop on I realised I hadn't even noticed in the morning that my login was 'carroll'. :(

Seems like everyone has forgotten the Jose Enriques, Tiotes and Ben Arfas of football. Football players who are cheap compared to their talent.

Tiote for £3,5million is a steal.

Enrique  for £6million when he was a big talent is a steal.

Ben Arfa for £5 million is a steal even if you considered all the problems he has caused, he's the most talented player at the club.

Carroll for £0million was a steal.

How much?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352686/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-wars-35m-Andy-Carroll-sale-vows-Ill-spend-new-faces.html

Yesterday, Pardew set about trying to explain. 'It doesn't make sense,' he said. 'If I gave Andy a new contract tomorrow, where does that leave me with all the rest of the players? And what would that figure be? I asked him what that figure should be yesterday and I said, "What do you want?". And he wouldn't give me an answer. That more or less said to me the answer itself.'

When asked if he took from that the impression that Carroll had no desire to sign a new contract at any level, Pardew refused to answer.

I know i'm as soft as s**** but after about 30 seconds of the lfc interview, i felt sorry for him. He looks uncomfortable.

I wonder if he woke up this morning and wondered "what the f*** have I done?" Somewhere in my heart I want him to regret it already - despite all the money.

What a f***ing tragic 30 hours.

Was thinking the same thing.

Guest neesy111

When I left the office today I had to go back in because I'd forgotten to do something. As I turned my laptop on I realised I hadn't even noticed in the morning that my login was 'carroll'. :(

Mine was changed to our new hero Stephen Ireland.

I know i'm as soft as shite but after about 30 seconds of the lfc interview, i felt sorry for him. He looks uncomfortable.

I wonder if he woke up this morning and wondered "what the fuck have I done?" Somewhere in my heart I want him to regret it already - despite all the money.

What a fucking tragic 30 hours.

We should have got him to share digs with Shola in retrospect. He'd have probably ended up paying us to keep him here.

Guest toonlass

This is on True Faith, Everybody's talking page 7:

Just wanted to add to the growing evidence that Andy Carroll has been sold against his wishes.

I work with Ryan Taylor’s dad down here on Merseyside. He has just texted me to say that Ryan was with Carroll at the training ground yesterday and that the lad was inconsolable as he didn’t want to go. Apparently he was in a right state and it was clear that the club gave him no option but to leave.

The total twats.

Cheers

David Coulson, Knowsley, Merseyside.

Just wanted to add to the growing evidence that Andy Carroll has been sold against his wishes.

I work with Ryan Taylor’s dad down here on Merseyside. He has just texted me to say that Ryan was with Carroll at the training ground yesterday and that the lad was inconsolable as he didn’t want to go. Apparently he was in a right state and it was clear that the club gave him no option but to leave.

The total twats.

Cheers

What utter shite.

I work with Ryan Taylors dad down here on Merseyside. He has just texted me to say that Ryan was with Carroll at the training ground yesterday and that the lad was inconsolable as he didnt want to go. Apparently he was in a right state and it was clear that the club gave him no option but to leave.

The total twats.

Cheers

And still nobody can explain how they forced him to hand in a transfer request.

Tbf to Carroll, he did look utterly unconsolable when he arrived at Melwood.

Surprised he didn't try to jump out of the moving car, he looked that gutted.

;)

He's probably had his first views of Liverpool in daylight.

Guest firetotheworks

The total twats.

Cheers

I still don't get how he could be forced into it. The best possible explanation for his actions would be that he did it because he felt he wasn't wanted. It just doesn't add up.

Guest neesy111

The total twats.

Cheers

True Faith, the same people that are creating a dictatorship at the NUST.  I believe that story 0%.

He asked for a new contract for more money, no one can force a player to leave a club especially if they have 5 years left on their contract.