West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would rather just sign another £8 million striker. Best thing about Carroll was the romanticism of it, signing him now would just be like signing any other player.

The 'romanticism' as you've said would come back with him. You know, our local hero, our Nr. 9 returning back home. That wouldn't be the problem imo.

Nah, greedy bastard that left.

First time around he was rough-around-the-edges striker who'd came through the ranks and earned his stripes in the Championship. Signing him now for me is just like signing anybody else and I'd personally rather just sign a better player.

PL      GLS

ANDY CARROLL - £35m              10        2      1 goal every 5 games

FERNANDO TORRES - £50m        8        2      1 goal every 4 games

DEMBA BA - £0m                        11        8      1 goal every 1.4 games

Value for money  :coolsmiley:

Would rather just sign another £8 million striker. Best thing about Carroll was the romanticism of it, signing him now would just be like signing any other player.

The 'romanticism' as you've said would come back with him. You know, our local hero, our Nr. 9 returning back home. That wouldn't be the problem imo.

Do you think? I think part of the romanticism of him here was the prospect of us developing our own top-class centre-forward, him coming back now after he's proven he's not up to that level and doesn't really show like he will wouldn't feel the same to me now.

Do you think? I think part of the romanticism of him here was the prospect of us developing our own top-class centre-forward, him coming back now after he's proven he's not up to that level and doesn't really show like he will wouldn't feel the same to me now.

Bingo.

I was in subway today and asked the girl behind the counter for the biggest, greasiest and most expensive sub that they do. The girl said 'no problem sir, one Andy Carroll coming up'

:lol: My mate recited that one today. Love it.

Liverpool won't sell him for at least another 18 months imo, mostly because nobody will pay them even a third of their outlay.  The only way it would happen would be a loan deal and i'm kind of agnostic on that one.  He's better than the strikers we've got but Ba is in form and scoring, Carroll isn't.