West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye Andy Carroll "10-11 Goal with the Newcastle United FC"

Just watch that video in youtube again.  He is really not the same player anymore. He may be technically improved but the aggressiveness, the attitude, even the face expression...that has to be the worst transfer ever, for the player and the buying club.  Watching back those videos make you wonder what will happen if he didn't leave us.

All are history I know after that dive.  But then I do think it is not a dive, but just losing his balance in a hilarious way.  I can;t believe he is that cuntish to dive against his mother team. That's like raping his own mom.

Torres to Chelsea makes Carroll look a shrewd bit of business

I'd back Torres to find his best form for Chelsea before I'd back Carroll to find his best form for Liverpool.

Sadly, so would I.

Carroll to LFC has been almost as bad as Shevchenko to Chelsea. That's still the gold standard of bad transfers, IMO.

Rebrov to Spurs.

Good call, but a lot cheaper that Sheva.

Goodbye Andy Carroll "10-11 Goal with the Newcastle United FC"

Just watch that video in youtube again.  He is really not the same player anymore. He may be technically improved but the aggressiveness, the attitude, even the face expression...that has to be the worst transfer ever, for the player and the buying club.  Watching back those videos make you wonder what will happen if he didn't leave us.

All are history I know after that dive.  But then I do think it is not a dive, but just losing his balance in a hilarious way.  I can;t believe he is that cuntish to dive against his mother team. That's like raping his own mom.

Torres to Chelsea makes Carroll look a shrewd bit of business

I'd back Torres to find his best form for Chelsea before I'd back Carroll to find his best form for Liverpool.

Sadly, so would I.

Carroll to LFC has been almost as bad as Shevchenko to Chelsea. That's still the gold standard of bad transfers, IMO.

Rebrov to Spurs.

Good call, but a lot cheaper that Sheva.

£11m in 2000 was still quite a sum.  Very similar to one another.  Remember Rebrov urging Shevchenko not to go to London because there was a lot of black people there?

Shevchenko was practically Messi compared to Carroll and Torres, although the latter will eventually get back to how he was.

every time I watched him before he went to Chelsea I wasn't particularly impressed.  Might have just picked a bizarre selection of games to watch like.

Could be. I remember him scoring 4 in a CL game not long before he joined Chelsea, but I don't think it was against decent opposition.

Shevchenko was practically Messi compared to Carroll and Torres, although the latter will eventually get back to how he was.

every time I watched him before he went to Chelsea I wasn't particularly impressed.  Might have just picked a bizarre selection of games to watch like.

Saw him play for Milan vs Venezia at the peak of his powers and he was terrible.

Shevchenko was one of the best footballers I've seen when he was in his prime. I used to watch him play for Kiev with Rebrov, they were my 2nd favourite team for a while :)

Just didn't work out for him once he left though, which was a shame.

:lol:

Oh god, it's Zlatan all over again.  Shevchenko was one of the best strikers in the world for years when at Milan.

It's even worse because Sheva did it in the CL year in, year out. He's got one of the best CL knock-out records going.

Mission to divert attention from rubbish, overpriced Liverpool striker: accomplished :)

Thank Christ most Liverpool fans aren't like you... Would be nowhere near this much fun

:lol:

Oh god, it's Zlatan all over again.  Shevchenko was one of the best strikers in the world for years when at Milan.

Shevchenko was on a different planet compared to that waste of space.

Rebrov made a stupid decision to move to a mid table Spurs team going nowhere when he could have had his pick of Champions League clubs.  At Kiev he and Shevchenko couldn't be separated. Rebrov was maybe considered slightly the better of the two having scored more goals for Dynamo, more goals for Ukraine and more goals in the Champions League.

Aye he was s**** that lad like.  :lol:

Aye  only Milan's 2nd greatest ever goalscorer....just 175 goals in 296 games. :lol:

Shevchenko was one of the best footballers I've seen when he was in his prime. I used to watch him play for Kiev with Rebrov, they were my 2nd favourite team for a while :)

Just didn't work out for him once he left though, which was a shame.

Him and Rebrov absolutely tore Barca apart that season (well along with wor Tino of course) in the Champions League (0-4 in the Nou Camp) with a Sheva hattrick.

I also remember back in the day us being linked with him in the Chronicle (dont have that link but other papers took it up as below)

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-61140269.html

Was it true that we could have signed Rebrov & Shevchenko for stupidly cheap money after we played them in Europe all those years back, or am I manipulating facts to make KKK look even more of a prick?

Shevchenko was an awesome player, I am gutted that things didn't work out for him in the Premiership. There are players that you would love to see in the Premiership pretty much regardless of who they play for as they are so good and he was one for me. Bit like players like Bergkamp and Zola even though I dislike Arsenal and Chelsea the Prem League is much better of for having them in it.

Was it true that we could have signed Rebrov & Shevchenko for stupidly cheap money after we played them in Europe all those years back, or am I manipulating facts to make KKK look even more of a prick?

Shevchenko was an awesome player, I am gutted that things didn't work out for him in the Premiership. There are players that you would love to see in the Premiership pretty much regardless of who they play for as they are so good and he was one for me. Bit like players like Bergkamp and Zola even though I dislike Arsenal and Chelsea the Prem League is much better of for having them in it.

Yep, that says it all for me too. Shevchenko was van Basten-esque at Milan, class of the league for mine. I can't stand Chelsea (or Milan for that matter), but when Sheva came to the EPL I wanted him to do what he'd done in Italy. Proper head scratcher, and head shaker...

Mission to divert attention from rubbish, overpriced Liverpool striker: accomplished :)

Thank Christ most Liverpool fans aren't like you... Would be nowhere near this much fun

Ta. I think :)

Shevchenko, like Torres did not fit Chelsea's style at all, imo. He also joined at a time where there was no incentive to change the style for him as Drogba was one of the world's best strikers and Chelsea were probably one of the top 3-4 teams on the planet.

He lacked the requisite physicality and pace for them, imo, and he was definitely on a sharp early decline already given his lack of success after leaving London. Simply the wrong move at the wrong time for a fantastic footballer.

Shevchenko, like Torres did not fit Chelsea's style at all, imo. He also joined at a time where there was no incentive to change the style for him as Drogba was one of the world's best strikers and Chelsea were probably one of the top 3-4 teams on the planet.

Actually, Drogba wasn't one of the world's best strikers when Sheva joined. He was expected to be completely marginalised by Sheva's arrival, but he scored a superb goal away to Blackburn after coming off the bench early in the season and basically went on to have the season of his life when Jose rewarded him with a start in the next game, emerging as the great player everyone knows and loves - at the one-paced Sheva's expense.