West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest andrew

No a million times over. Irrespective of the principle of the whole thing the lad is shite. No thanks.

He was hardly shite for us, in fact he was near on unstoppable and one of the best in the league for effectiveness. i think Ba and Cisse are better players but a trio of Ba, Cisse and Carroll would be one of the best in the league. Carroll would get it back on at his hometown club, i think it has been clear from day one he's not happy at Liverpool. That trio would get us through the league and hopefully Europe. he still wouldn't be a starter with all fit, but what a player to have coming off the bench. i have no doubt he'd turn it around here.

would I actually want him? nah, burnt his bridges. fuck him.

started out in our reserves as a left back didn't he ?

i wonder ?

Aye, but he was abit shit :lol: Glenn Roeder said he used to get called 'giraffe' and cry :lol:

No a million times over. Irrespective of the principle of the whole thing the lad is shite. No thanks.

He was hardly shite for us, in fact he was near on unstoppable and one of the best in the league for effectiveness. i think Ba and Cisse are better players but a trio of Ba, Cisse and Carroll would be one of the best in the league. Carroll would get it back on at his hometown club, i think it has been clear from day one he's not happy at Liverpool. That trio would get us through the league and hopefully Europe. he still wouldn't be a starter with all fit, but what a player to have coming off the bench. i have no doubt he'd turn it around here.

Ba, Carroll, Cisse wouldn't be better than Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa. Not only for the fact that Hatem is ten times the player Carroll currently is, but it'd also probably mean we'd move Cissé from the centre, which would be a ridiculous move.

Guest andrew

Ba, Carroll, Cisse wouldn't be better than Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa. Not only for the fact that Hatem is ten times the player Carroll currently is, but it'd also probably mean we'd move Cissé from the centre, which would be a ridiculous move.

Yep, sorry- obviously. I was just talking about options for out and out centre forwards. if carroll came back i'd stick with ba, cisse and ben arfa and just have carroll off the bench and hopefully for Europe. :)

Like i said, i wouldn't actually have him back but I just find the assertion that he is "shit" and so on a bit crazy. He is shit at Liverpool, but the talent he showed for us was undeniable. :)

If Ba does stay, we will again be without our main strikers for potentially 6 weeks because of the ACoN.  I think we will need another striker as a back up.  Lovenkrands will be gone, Shola another year older and prone to injury and Best also picks up a few injuries.  It doesn't look like any of the young'uns are ready to step up to the first team squad striker-wise so I think they will have to buy an up and coming young striker in the Summer.

I like Carroll and wouldn't mind him back here and I don't think we only played hoof-ball with him in the team.  All the accusations that are thrown at Carroll about what he can't do are mostly things he was doing here.  However, I can't see it happening although I would love it if he did come back and started performing again after all that was said by the media and Liverpool in that he needed to go to a "proper" club and that Dalglish would know how to look after him and develop his potential.  I thought that was pretty insulting towards us.  I would hate for him to end up at West Ham and Stoke as I think he is a better player than that but the way their managers play would just re-inforce the stereo-type of him as a player.  Unfortunately, I do believe if West Ham are promoted that he would end up there.

I just hope he puts on a performance for Liverpool next Sunday to beat Everton.

As it stands, wouldn't want him back whatsoever. Admittedly in the past, I was an advocate for a possible return but now I just can't see where he would fit in. Our style of play has changed quite a bit since his departure and we've certainly gone on to better things. It's a no go for me.

Shaun Custis talking a load of drivel

Surely not?

I know I was dumbfounded myself.

Basically saying he couldn't understand the reception Carroll got last week and he was forced out and didn't go for the money.

Aye, righto. :lol:

Shaun Custis talking a load of drivel

Surely not?

I know I was dumbfounded myself.

Basically saying he couldn't understand the reception Carroll got last week and he was forced out and didn't go for the money.

Aye, righto. :lol:

Carllol: I'm a loyal Geordie and I never want to play for anyone else.

Agent: They are going to triple your wages and earn 90 grand a week

Carllol: Where do I sign?