West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I must admit I have no connection to the club, it's more felipaos club now than it is mine, there's nothing there for me. Club owned, ran and managed by cockneys, a team full of imports because it costs less, while the fans talk of false positions and wear berets flying French flags, it's just not me.

I'm sorry to get in to this with you personally feli, your a good kid and poster, I'm just through with it all. Nothing left for me to support.

So you weren't joking. Get of the booze man. You've been on a bender it's not healthy.

If that's how you really feel it's a shame you live in the wrong decade. Maybe Austin Powers time machine can help you out?

Not everything gets better with time, football is getting worse, that includes its customers.

If that's how you feel fair enough :thup: I don't agree but you're entitled to your opinion.

Guest palnese

I must admit I have no connection to the club, it's more felipaos club now than it is mine, there's nothing there for me. Club owned, ran and managed by cockneys, a team full of imports because it costs less, while the fans talk of false positions and wear berets flying French flags, it's just not me.

I'm sorry to get in to this with you personally feli, your a good kid and poster, I'm just through with it all. Nothing left for me to support.

Until we start winning again on a regular basis ofc.

Allardyce rules out permanent Carroll deal

April 15, 2013

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has conceded that the club may not be able to afford the signing of on-loan Liverpool striker Andy Carroll due to his wage demands.

Despite a number of injury problems, Carroll, 24, has impressed during his stint at Upton Park this season, hitting six goals in 20 appearances.

The England international has made it clear he would be happy to make the move permanent when his deal expires in the summer, while Reds manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed his club are willing to offload the player.

But although Allardyce has previously stated that he is keen to secure Carroll's services on a long-term basis, he feels the Hammers cannot match the wages the former Newcastle man would be earning at Anfield.

The West Ham boss suggested that the Financial Fair Play rules that are set to come into play in the Premier League next season - which will impose short-term limits on wage rises - means a deal between the two parties looks unlikely.

"The hardest thing is the overall package and making sure it is sustainable," he said. "I point to financial restrictions being implemented next season that will blow the whole deal in one go.

"Someone will have a bigger budget than us probably but this is what is going to happen. In one fell swoop the financial restrictions mean we won't be able to sign Andy Carroll from Liverpool because it is too expensive, even if we wanted him, which we do."

Smells like trying to force Liverpool / Carroll into accepting West Ham's terms.

Allardyce rules out permanent Carroll deal

April 15, 2013

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has conceded that the club may not be able to afford the signing of on-loan Liverpool striker Andy Carroll due to his wage demands.

Despite a number of injury problems, Carroll, 24, has impressed during his stint at Upton Park this season, hitting six goals in 20 appearances.

The England international has made it clear he would be happy to make the move permanent when his deal expires in the summer, while Reds manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed his club are willing to offload the player.

But although Allardyce has previously stated that he is keen to secure Carroll's services on a long-term basis, he feels the Hammers cannot match the wages the former Newcastle man would be earning at Anfield.

The West Ham boss suggested that the Financial Fair Play rules that are set to come into play in the Premier League next season - which will impose short-term limits on wage rises - means a deal between the two parties looks unlikely.

"The hardest thing is the overall package and making sure it is sustainable," he said. "I point to financial restrictions being implemented next season that will blow the whole deal in one go.

"Someone will have a bigger budget than us probably but this is what is going to happen. In one fell swoop the financial restrictions mean we won't be able to sign Andy Carroll from Liverpool because it is too expensive, even if we wanted him, which we do."

Smells like trying to force Liverpool / Carroll into accepting West Ham's terms.

does sound like that, probably won't work and he could end up trying to loan him again. Leaves Liverpool in an awkward enough situation with a high wage they want rid of but pride won't allow them to take too ridiculous a loss on him

If Ashley is unwilling to do the right thing and get rid of Pardew I still say we might aswell attempt to bring Carroll back, if we're playing shite long ball football it might aswell be with a player who would work well in the system.

We haven't even been playing that much long ball stuff recently, tbh. Far too convenient to suggest that, we're just often playing crap for a variety of reasons.

Funnily enough we actually played more 'hoofball' when we were less suited to it - ie playing 4-4-2 with nobody to make the runs from midfield that Sissoko does.

If Ashley is unwilling to do the right thing and get rid of Pardew I still say we might aswell attempt to bring Carroll back, if we're playing shite long ball football it might aswell be with a player who would work well in the system.

We haven't even been playing that much long ball stuff recently, tbh. Far too convenient to suggest that, we're just often playing crap for a variety of reasons.

Funnily enough we actually played more 'hoofball' when we were less suited to it - ie playing 4-4-2 with nobody to make the runs from midfield that Sissoko does.

We are passing, but it's done without any purpose. We need more movement and players making runs into the penalty area, otherwise it's just passing for the sake of it. If we are going to sit so deep might as well stick to hoofing it long tbh.

If Ashley is unwilling to do the right thing and get rid of Pardew I still say we might aswell attempt to bring Carroll back, if we're playing s**** long ball football it might aswell be with a player who would work well in the system.

Point taken but still very frequently every game we resort to long ball football when we inevitably run out of ideas, not to mention theres more chance of our set pieces and corners coming off with someone like Carroll lurking in the box.

We tried to build from the back yesterday, we're just no good at it. We still have nobody who links midfield to attack, Cabaye is deployed to deep and Sissoko isn't really that kind of player. Our movement off the ball is abysmal as well, which makes us easy to contain.

I'd be tempted to try Ben Arfa in a free role just off Cisse tbh, think Sissoko looks dangerous in wide areas so reckon it might just work.

Pointless us bidding for AC, Pards struggled to get the best out of Cisse & Ba. What chance would he stand with AC & Cisse.

You don't need to coach passing football when you have a 6'5 monster who will win the ball in the air. We'd probably score from the odd corner as well...again, no coaching needed.

am all for bring back AC, but we need crossers....we havent got any atmo.

sadly this club desnt seem to build a team properly, just nabs the cheapest players available.

Ac is the best header of the ball in maybe europe.  He can be world class if handled correctly.  depends if he has matured on apersonal lvl.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

Carroll isn't particularly good at holding the ball up and bringing others into the game. You can play it long to him, but he needs runners going beyond him for the flick on. Also, we can't cross the ball. I'm not aginst bringing in a big guy, but Carroll's not the right one for me.

Reading that I think of

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/256710/not-my-waterpark

Thing with Carroll is, he'd be a completely differerent player than he's been at Liverpool for us. That black & white jersey would carry him. He wouldn't let you down (in  a derby).

Not sure about that, Steven Taylor was abysmal yesterday and if he can perform poorly in a derby there is no reason at all why Carroll couldn't.

Thing with Carroll is, he'd be a completely differerent player than he's been at Liverpool for us. That black & white jersey would carry him. He wouldn't let you down (in  a derby).

Not sure about that, Steven Taylor was abysmal yesterday and if he can perform poorly in a derby there is no reason at all why Carroll couldn't.

I'm not sure about Taylor yesterday. Think he was carrying an injury to some extend.

Reading that I think of

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/256710/not-my-waterpark

:lol:

Shearer the racist:

Alan Shearer: "Sometimes in life you have to hold up your hands and say: 'We were poor' - however much it hurts.

"Newcastle did not deserve anything from the game, and the biggest concern for any fan was seeing the players in the red and white shirts wanting it more.

"The French guys who came into the Newcastle team have been doing well, but it didn't look like they realised the magnitude of this fixture.

"Generally, it has been much better since they arrived at the club in January and they have been playing well - but maybe they didn't understand the derby, as they didn't perform.