West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The change in him since Christmas is astonishing. Just goes to show what game time can do for a player. You can have the best coaching in the world but you learn and develop the most out on the field.

His form since that FA-cup game at WBA has been sensational. 12 goals in his last 14 appearances now isn't it? On course for at least 10-13 goals this season. Fantastic for us and we needed it badly.

its more than just the goals. a lot more.

The change in him since Christmas is astonishing. Just goes to show what game time can do for a player. You can have the best coaching in the world but you learn and develop the most out on the field.

I reckon he has improved his diet because he looks ridiculously strong - maybe he has had some tips from jose but whatever it is their are some worried central defenders

I reckon he has improved his diet because he looks ridiculously strong - maybe he has had some tips from jose but whatever it is their are some worried central defenders

Started eating raw chickens. :thup:

His form since that FA-cup game at WBA has been sensational. 12 goals in his last 14 appearances now isn't it? On course for at least 10-13 goals this season. Fantastic for us and we needed it badly.

its more than just the goals. a lot more.

Never said it wasn't, his general play has improved so much, but his goalscoring form was something we needed to continue going into this season.

Guest Heneage

Is that not why he's being considered for England? For that aerial threat. I mean for years I watched England and when Crouch was wheeled out he was 'that danger from set pieces' but tbh apart from being freakishly tall he's no real danger, and if anything is quite poor with his heading. Carroll by contrast is a big striker who really can header the ball, and even use the ball as was shown by the second against Villa.

Charlie Nicholas was laughing today when he was summing up the match on ssn talking about how battered and bruised Craddock and Berra(?) were  - It would seem he rates Carroll

Started eating raw chickens. :thup:

Is that not why he's being considered for England? For that aerial threat. I mean for years I watched England and when Crouch was wheeled out he was 'that danger from set pieces' but tbh apart from being freakishly tall he's no real danger, and if anything is quite poor with his heading. Carroll by contrast is a big striker who really can header the ball, and even use the ball as was shown by the second against Villa.

Last time he was in the Premier League he was just a head, as soon as the ball was below neck height, he was useless. Now he's a really potent threat in the air and on the deck.

Guest Heneage

Last time he was in the Premier League he was just a head, as soon as the ball was below neck height, he was useless. Now he's a really potent threat in the air and on the deck.

I'd agree, I'm not saying he's just a head, I'd even argue he's a better finisher than Crouch.

I honestly didn't think he'd get over 8 goals in this league, I thought he'd be getting similar numbers to someone like Ricardo Fuller. I'm glad defenders are shook up by big fuckers.

What is his goal to game ratio since new year?

I am starting to love him like Enrique tbh. He is great in the air, pretty quick, strong as an ox and improving by the game on the deck.

It would take a LOT for me forgive the sale of either him or Jose (much more than than £12m I thought was more than fair enough for Milner).

I'd agree, I'm not saying he's just a head, I'd even argue he's a better finisher than Crouch.

I know, I was agreeing with you, for a change.

He's fast becoming our team. Probably more important to us right now than Torres is for Liverpool; we'd be fuked without him, if he broke his leg tomorrow all the good stuff we've seen so far would cease to exist and for the rest of the season possibly relegating us.

In 2010 he has 19 goals in 27 appearances.

Were they all from open play too?

I can't remember him taking a penalty so I would think so.

I assumed Midds was asking how many were from set pieces. :blush: