West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Imagine if he injures Bent in training and puts him out of the derby :lol:

What about the other way round?

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/DJ/20081226/shola_IanHorrocks.jpg

Nowhere near being an international-class striker at the moment. I can't believe that he's going to be in the squad. Good luck to him, but I'm not even sure he's the best forward at the club, let alone good enough to be playing for England.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Amazing what being tall and strong can do for your career. What happened with the Court Case? Thought that was due to be heard end of September?

Nowhere near being an international-class striker at the moment. I can't believe that he's going to be in the squad. Good luck to him, but I'm not even sure he's the best forward at the club, let alone good enough to be playing for England.

He may not be international-class, but I can't see many infront of him for England - if the likes of Heskey and Cole can make the squad, then why not he?

Absolutely hate the fact that Nolan plays up with him. It really should be a pacey forward like Lovenkrands or even Ben Arfa. If either were ahead of Nolan in the last 2 home games we could well be on 13 points right now.

Lovenkrands barely has any pace left, sadly. It's not the type of pace that drives a team forward anyway.

Ben Arfa has to be there. Lovenkrands would be just as much a passenger as Nolan is, perhaps even moreso.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Lovenkrands is still fairly quick but I'm not sure how he would "use" it in the Prem- I'd rather have him there alongside Carroll over Shola/Nolan simply due to the fact he is an intelligent player and his movement may mean we become a little bit more creative in our play.

both the mirror and the notw carrying the story carrols had a bust up with pearce over him not being available for last rounds u21 games, apparently pearce wanted him to travel down for assesment even though he'd be assesed by the same physio as the u21 physio is our guy derek wright

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Andy-Carroll-s-England-call-up-is-shrouded-in-controversy-following-an-amazing-bust-up-with-Under-21-coach-Stuart-Pearce-over-a-mysterious-injury-article593341.html

Guest elbee909

Capello is considring him but Pearce told him that there is a "a problem" with AC.

The problem being that Pearce is being a bit of a dick.

Hughton has made it very hard for Capello to pick him now by dropping him. I guess he thinks the last thing Carroll needs is an ego boost and he is keeping his feet on the ground.

Mind, he has to be back in for the Wigan game, and alongside another foward too, not Nolan.

Hughton made the right man management choice imo. Carroll was looking like he was believing in his own hype and didn't look like he had that drive that he used to in the last few games. It's not just a matter of not scoring, his general play was poor and he wasn't chasing down the ball and pressuring opponents like we all know he can.

If he comes back against Wigan with renewed energy it will all have worked out for the best.

Can't argue, Ameobi done a job today, and Carroll needed to be shown that he's not undroppable, which is what people have been intimating recently. He's dropped off, and needs to get back what he had in the first few games.

Can't argue, Ameobi done a job today, and Carroll needed to be shown that he's not undroppable, which is what people have been intimating recently. He's dropped off, and needs to get back what he had in the first few games.

Carroll was poor last weekend basically, which was much the fault of those around him.  Not playing him today was a mistake.

Guest BooBoo

Shola was up against two tough centre backs and was never once supported by Nolan. Not sure what realistically he could have done. We all know his limitations.