West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't sound nearly as dangerous after he went off. Shola more effective without the shackles of being the target man?

Carroll going off deprived us of the option of route one football. After that it was up to our midfield to retain posession against a mediocre Championship club and they weren't up to it.

Carroll really impressed me again today.

The timing of his runs and jumps with the defenders is brilliant at times. Reckon at times he had the Sheff Wed defender in his back pocket.

We just fell apart upfront after he went off.

The timing of his runs and jumps with the defenders is brilliant at times. Reckon at times he had the Sheff Wed defender in his back pocket.

:thup:

It's good to see a player coming through from the reserves/academy who has a bit of a physical presence.

:thup:

It's good to see a player coming through from the reserves/academy who has a bit of a physical presence.

It's also slightly worrying that we are paying big wages to an assortment of high profile midfielders then have to rely on lumping it to a big man to create any chances.

United To Assess Andy Injury

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United's medical team will wait until the morning before assessing the extent of the injury which forced Andy Carroll to limp out of Wednesday's 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday.

The Geordie striker appeared to tweak his groin midway through the second-half, as boss Chris Hughton explained: "It's a very, very slight groin strain.

"But we'll wait until the morning before taking a further look and we're hopeful it's not too serious."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1761613,00.html

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Amuses me how much praise he gets now when Ameobi is criticised for being a clinical goal scoring and match winning machine.

He wins balls in the air but has nothing about him as a footballer, doesn't look like a striker to me at all

Glad someone else is of that opinion.

Its still very early days for him and maybe I just havent seen enough of him, he is reasonable and ever improving in the air, but far from great. I havent seen that he has much of a shot on him or any ability to run with the ball.

I think he is instantly replacable in the team when we bring someone in upfront. I think the fact that he has a decent work rate, looks focussed and is a geordie boy puts him a couple of stars higher in most peoples mind, he is the only person half capable of winning a ball in the air and trying to hold up play, but this is also something Shola can do if he is in the right mindset.

Clapton could be on to something, regarding moving him to the back, but whether the coaching staff have the guts to do that and basically embarrass the staff that have brought him up through the game is another matter. We certainly wouldnt have the staff to do it right now seeing how stretched we are.

Seems like Carroll needs to improve his movement, near every single cross and sholas the one on the end. He judges it right everytime & Carrolls off somewhere else.

Strange, because he looked good last season dropping off at the backpost.

His workrate is good, but at championship level he should be looking quite dangerous himself also & he hasnt really.

Ronaldo you're so quick to defend the likes of Coloccini but not Carroll?  I know which one has been more impressive so far this season.

Neither one has impressed but Colo to be fair has done his job decently imo. Carroll doesn't look dangerous to me in the slightest

Ronaldo you're so quick to defend the likes of Coloccini but not Carroll?  I know which one has been more impressive so far this season.

Carroll doesn't look dangerous to me in the slightest

And Colocinni looks a liability.  :undecided:

not to me he doesn't. He looks slow and like he's finding his feet at times but far from a liability

BTW: love the fact you spell Coloccini differently in consecutive posts  O0

not to me he doesn't. He looks slow and like he's finding his feet at times but far from a liability

BTW: love the fact you spell Coloccini differently in consecutive posts  O0

It's late, that's my excuse.  :shifty:

Guest Heneage

Colocinni has been part of a back line that let in 1 goal in 3 games. Carroll has one assist in 3. He needs to improve as I've said before, why he didn't give it a go on his right tonight i'll never know.