West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i can confirm he has a hell of a dig on his left foot,  he can certainly strike a good ball.  He'll do a  decent job this season, he can hold the ball up ok and if we get decent balls into the box(big if i know) not many will beat him in the air.

I'd put a lot money on us getting Lovenkrands back. A - we'll be fucking desperate. B - he'll be fucking desperate.

I won't be disappointed though. His finishing's pretty wank but i reckon he'd be a decent squad player to have in that league.

I'd put a lot money on us getting Lovenkrands back. A - we'll be fucking desperate. B - he'll be fucking desperate.

I won't be disappointed though. His finishing's pretty wank but i reckon he'd be a decent squad player to have in that league.

He's a striker with pace and knows how to use it and he I didn't think he was that bad of a finisher. Playing him upfront with Andy is a miles and miles better than Andy and Shola, both because a) he's miles better than Shola and b) they should work better together.

I'd be tempted to agree with Yorkie. He's scored some impressive goals at Reserve level and seems to have good ball skills, with his heading never being in question.

He's good in the air but fairly clumsy otherwise. I don't think he'll score many either but he cloud do a job as a target man if we can get a goalscorer to play off him.

Guest Stephen927

Well the last time Carroll played in this league he didn't exactly set the world alight, so hopefully he's matured since his spell with Preston.

I'd put a lot money on us getting Lovenkrands back. A - we'll be f***ing desperate. B - he'll be f***ing desperate.

I won't be disappointed though. His finishing's pretty w*** but i reckon he'd be a decent squad player to have in that league.

He's a striker with pace and knows how to use it and he I didn't think he was that bad of a finisher. Playing him upfront with Andy is a miles and miles better than Andy and Shola, both because a) he's miles better than Shola and b) they should work better together.

aye, would be sensible to give pete a ring like. i think carroll as a target man and lovenkrands playing off would work well as he can finish and gets into the right sort of positions

I thought he was excellent today, he never stopped battling for the ball and made some great interventions and flicks ons.

If he was playing with anyone other than shola today, I'm sure he'd have had a goal or more. Shola ruined so many promising opportunities. The partnership I'm really looking forward to seeing is carrol and ranger. I really hope they get the chance to play together a lot this season, even if its at the end of matches :)

Guest frazernufc

Very good and won the headers all day long, i think hed find it difficult if he was the lone striker. Him, Smith and Krul were the two who shone today,

The sooner people realize Carroll is shit and we get a better striker in the better off we'll be.

Heh.

Carroll was fantastic today.  Link him with a decent partner and we'll do OK this season.

Did basically what was Shola's job today better. Will be interesting to see how he copes against better more experienced defenders in the league with a half-decent strike partner, but so far so good.

he played well today, his aerial dominance is amazing. Also showed great determination, eg chasing his own flick-ons. As has been said he's an ideal partner for a quick striker I remember him linking up well with Owen v West Ham last season.

People criticising him need to get a grip tbh, he's only 20 and has shown a good amount of potential.

he played well today, his aerial dominance is amazing. Also showed great determination, eg chasing his own flick-ons. As has been said he's an ideal partner for a quick striker I remember him linking up well with Owen v West Ham last season.

People criticising him need to get a grip tbh, he's only 20 and has shown a good amount of potential.

O0

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/08/09/zola-keen-on-carroll-move-79310-24352490/

Zola keen on Carroll move

Aug 9 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

WEST HAM will launch a bid this week for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll.

The Magpies’ resolve to hang on to one of their brightest talents is set to be tested with an offer of £2-3 million.

London sources last night confirmed that Hammers’ boss Gianfranco Zola is keen to add Carroll to a bevy of young prospects at Upton Park.

The Gateshead-born 20-year-old was one of precious few players to emerge with credit from Newcastle’s relegation to the Championship.

And he is set to pass another milestone this week by earning his maiden England Under-21 cap against Holland on Tuesday night.

Carroll relished working under Alan Shearer at the back end of last season, and would have been reluctant to even consider leaving Newcastle if the legendary No 9 had been confirmed as full-time manager at St James’s Park.

But it now remains to be seen whether the hometown boy will be a tempted by a return to the Premier League - or if rudderless, cash-strapped Newcastle will decide to cash in on him.