West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

I'm dying to see him let one rip with his right foot. No doubt his strength is in the air but he must be a decent enough finisher as he has a fair few goals at youth and reserve level.

That left foot effort, I was sure he was going to hit it on his right foot first time but he brought it onto his left, seemed like he didn't fancy trying something ambitious and would rather have checked to see if someone else was there to finish it off.

Hope we don't sell him, can't see him being prolific but I reckon he will get a few. His dominance in the air and workrate will be a massive bonus for us. Bit like Dean Ashton when he was at Norwich.

Guest Stephen927

He's on a wage where we should be able to keep him here quite comfortably. But with other players on higher wages being more difficult to shift it might be the players on the smaller wages who are easier to shift that go, to ease the wage bill a little bit.

Would be a shame to see him go as he is a home grown lad out of the Academy which is always good to see in the first team.

Guest wshmag

he's a bit raw and rough around the edges. play him up front with ranger on saturday instead of that cunt shola for fucks sake.

Guest Heneage

I applauded his effort yesterday, the one where he won it in the air and chased his own flick on was tremendous, streaks ahead of Shola.

Better than shola by far. He won flickons but no fucker about him. Would like see see Ranger or Lua Lua given a go with him, but its seems like Houghton is buying into the myth that somewhere along the line that shola will come good.

Guest Stephen927

He wins flick ons, but has nobody to run onto them. There is no point in flicking the ball on if there is no one with pace beside you. Play him with Ranger up front, or bring Lovenkrands back or sign Beckford, then these flick ons would bare more fruit.

Never gonna be the new Shearer, but seems to play the target man role pretty well. Strong, puts him self about, decent head. Reckon he'll get around 15 goals this season if he stays fit, and if we can partner him with a pacey striker he should get a good number of assists from flick ons too.

Never gonna be the new Shearer, but seems to play the target man role pretty well. Strong, puts him self about, decent head. Reckon he'll get around 15 goals this season if he stays fit, and if we can partner him with a pacey striker he should get a good number of assists from flick ons too.

I'll be surprised if any of our current strikers get 15 goals even with so many extra games this season.

I'll be surprised if any of our current strikers get 15 goals even with so many extra games this season.

The way he played against WBrom, one of the favourites to win this league, makes me think over 46 games he'll grab at least 15 goals. Looked quality and our midfield looked slightly less clueless against worse opposition.

The way he played against WBrom, one of the favourites to win this league, makes me think over 46 games he'll grab at least 15 goals. Looked quality and our midfield looked slightly less clueless against worse opposition.

I hope you're right then. Carroll has a lot of good things in his game but he doesn't get himself into enough goal-scoring positions for me. As a target man it's not essential of course, but it would be a plus if he showed that he has got the goal-scoring instinct as well.