West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Speaking of world class strikers, how many assists has Carroll got this season?

6 which makes him joint 5 top assister.

If he's not voted into the All-Star game, then this league is broken.

Looked at the fixtures, and the other goals he's had a key part in:

- Nolan 1-0 vs Villa

- Nolan pen 1-0 vs Stoke

- Shola 4-0 vs Sunderland

- Lovenkrands 3-1 vs WBA (although he won't be too proud of that)

- Barton 2-1 vs Liverpool

- Nolan 1-0 vs Villa

- Nolan pen 1-0 vs Stoke

- Lovenkrands 5-1 vs Bolton (although he won't be too proud of that)

He's not been given assists for Sherlas and Bartons? ???

- Nolan 1-0 vs Villa

- Nolan pen 1-0 vs Stoke

- Lovenkrands 5-1 vs Bolton (although he won't be too proud of that)

Lovenkrands scored against WBA, not Bolton.

Nope. Rightly so, tbh.

Think both are clear assists. For Sherlas, he clearly intended to hit the bar and for it to bounce straight back out to Ameobi, and he's the last player to touch the ball before it ends up with Barton, isn't he? Skrtel might get a touch, but that's a definite assist in my book.

I think Ranger may have got a knick on it.

Watching it now, there's no way Ranger gets a touch on it. It either just braces Skrtels shin, or it goes straight through to Barton.

I also find it amusing how little Lucas seems to care that he's just been raped in that challenge with Carroll.

I also find it amusing how little Lucas seems to care that he's just been raped in that challenge with Carroll.

Probably something he's learned to ignore and just let happen from habit in this league!

great diagram on Andy Carroll's "aerial prowess" in the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/13/premier-league-tactical-analysis

Andy Carroll's aerial prowess against Liverpool was clear to see, but the chalkboard statistics show the extent to which he dominated Sotirios Kyrgiakos and Martin Skrtel. He won 18 from 20 challenges overall, including 16 out of 18 in the air. Furthermore, two of his knockdowns directly created goals – the first, converted by Kevin Nolan, and the second, eventually turned in by Joey Barton. As if to prove that he isn't just an aerial threat, he thumped in the third with a left-footed drive from 30 yards. Carroll now has six goals and three assists in his last 10 Premier League games.

I still don't get how this guy is owning the league like this.

fairly simple i think, big and strong and decent on the deck, quick turn of pace and pretty skillful. crucially also though has a good footballing brain and just isnt scared of getting hurt, long may it continue.

If the board decide to sell him it will be much more worse than when we sold Cole.

I just wish that the club would make an official statement that he's not for sale, at any price.

Wouldn't surprise me if they accepted a bid between 15-20m. But imo he's worth alot

more than that considering other transfer fees lately, and that he's just 21 and one

of the best players in the PL this season.

fuckin hell, how hard can spelling be...