West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/We-wouldn-t-sell-Chelsea-Manchester-City-and-Tottenham-target-Andy-Carroll-for-40m-insists-Newcastle-chiefs-article662079.html

We wouldn't sell Carroll for £40m, insists Toon chiefs

Published 23:59 01/01/11 By Alan Oliver

Newcastle have warned the Premier League big boys that £40million won’t buy Andy Carroll.

Owner Mike Ashley has given the Toon army the best new year message they could wish for – that he is determined to hang on to the club’s prize asset.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham all seem willing to test that resolve. But now Newcastle will hope to scare them off with a mega-money price tag on centre-forward Carroll.

We revealed in November that Chelsea wanted the young Geordie as eventual replacement for Didier Drogba. Since then, oil-rich City and Harry Redknapp’s Spurs have thrown their hat into the ring for England’s newest international.

But a source close to Ashley said: “Every week there seems to be a new club supposedly wanting Carroll.

“This must be worrrying for the fans, but Mike Ashley knows that new manager Alan Pardew wants to build his team around Carroll and he is not interested in selling him – even if someone bids £40m.”

This would be encouraging if they weren't proven liars like.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/We-wouldn-t-sell-Chelsea-Manchester-City-and-Tottenham-target-Andy-Carroll-for-40m-insists-Newcastle-chiefs-article662079.html

We wouldn't sell Carroll for £40m, insists Toon chiefs

Published 23:59 01/01/11 By Alan Oliver

Newcastle have warned the Premier League big boys that £40million won’t buy Andy Carroll.

Owner Mike Ashley has given the Toon army the best new year message they could wish for – that he is determined to hang on to the club’s prize asset.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham all seem willing to test that resolve. But now Newcastle will hope to scare them off with a mega-money price tag on centre-forward Carroll.

We revealed in November that Chelsea wanted the young Geordie as eventual replacement for Didier Drogba. Since then, oil-rich City and Harry Redknapp’s Spurs have thrown their hat into the ring for England’s newest international.

But a source close to Ashley said: “Every week there seems to be a new club supposedly wanting Carroll.

“This must be worrrying for the fans, but Mike Ashley knows that new manager Alan Pardew wants to build his team around Carroll and he is not interested in selling him – even if someone bids £40m.”

This would be encouraging if they weren't proven liars like.

as everyone in the horse trading game is.

I understand that people are concerned, but have they really went and sold our best players in the past? Can't think of a situation when they've sold someone that didn't want to leave, that's then went on to cripple the team.

I understand that people are concerned, but have they really went and sold our best players in the past? Can't think of a situation when they've sold someone that didn't want to leave, that's then went on to cripple the team.

We've never had a player like that either mind :lol:

I don't believe Ashley gives a shite about the club, let alone what the fans think. If we got a decent offer for Carroll I would expect him to accept, previous or no previous. That's just the know-nowt cunt I think he is.

I don't believe Ashley gives a s**** about the club, let alone what the fans think. If we got a decent offer for Carroll I would expect him to accept, previous or no previous. That's just the know-nowt c*** I think he is.

I guess that's where we disagree then  :dontknow:

For any other player, yes. But I just don't see them selling Carroll unless a really stupid offer comes in. Can't see how they'd benefit at all.

I don't believe Ashley gives a s**** about the club, let alone what the fans think. If we got a decent offer for Carroll I would expect him to accept, previous or no previous. That's just the know-nowt c*** I think he is.

i think it'll take more than a decent offer...it'll take an over the top milner,barry or lescott type offer at which any club would think twice about any player.

Even with past decisions, you can see some sort of weird twisted logic whereby they were trying to gain something from making certain decisions.

The stadium name change was to generate advertising income, sacking Hughton and hiring Pardew was to give Ashley's mate a job and to bring in 'more Premiership experience', Dennis Wise was to bring some football knowledge to the board.

All really bad decisions, and I don't agree with any of them, but at least in these cases, Ashley was trying to gain something from it. He'd gain nothing from selling our best player - it's not like he could write a cheque to himself.

It would reduce the huge sums of personal wealth he generously pumps into the club all the time in order to keep it from instantly doing a Portsmouth.

But at the same time, it would ridiculously weaken our attack, we'd go down, lose money and he'd have to pump money in anyway.

Oh, and if we do alright in the next few games without Carroll then I'd expect the likelihood of selling him to increase substantially.

I'm not saying it's a certainty we'll sell him, just that I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. It's beyond me why anyone would still trust anything they say or do.

Oh, and if we do alright in the next few games without Carroll then I'd expect the likelihood of selling him to increase substantially.

I'm not saying it's a certainty we'll sell Carroll, just that I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

could work in reverse aswell.

I'm not saying it's a certainty we'll sell Carroll, just that I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

could work in reverse aswell.

In that instance it would be better for our medium/long term prospects to do poorly in the short term. What a desperately pathetic state of affairs that would be.

ALL previous boards have sold our best players - even KK under SJH sold Andy Cole, admittedly so he could sign Ferdinand later but Man U wanted Cole amd away he went. We did OK after he went, but we finished lower than in the previous season.

Then you have Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle, Supermac, Pop Robson etc etc...some of these players wanted to go, but only because they couldn't see the club winning honours - has that changed now ?

If the right offer comes in, Carroll will be off although I would still be surprised if it was before the summer.

ALL previous boards have sold our best players - even KK under SJH sold Andy Cole, admittedly so he could sign Ferdinand later but Man U wanted Cole amd away he went. We did OK after he went, but we finished lower than in the previous season.

Then you have Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle, Supermac, Pop Robson etc etc...some of these players wanted to go, but only because they couldn't see the club winning honours - has that changed now ?

If the right offer comes in, Carroll will be off although I would still be surprised if it was before the summer.

cole left midseason.