West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would be great to have in on the bench against West Ham even if its for the last 10, as he will have another 10 days recovery as he shouldnt be needed for Stevenage

Why the hell is Skysports headline for our win today is "Newcastle cope without Carroll"

Probably because he's our best player, and we coped without him.

Ohhhhhhhh, I get it.

It's a tricky one but I all things said and done I think it just about works. :thup:

I'd be astonished if he's not back for Sunderland. Honestly think he'd tell the physio he was good to go even if he was still in a bit of pain.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6631191,00.html

"We debated when he got this injury how serious it was with the medical staff and the answer is that we don't know," said Pardew after the win over Wigan.

"He will definitely miss West Ham and I think he'll definitely miss Stevenage (next Saturday), but talking to the boy, he thinks he is ready for Sunderland already.

"I've got to make a call on that game as to whether he is putting himself at risk and we'll have to see, but it's touch-and-go."

Good shout.

I'd be astonished if he's not back for Sunderland. Honestly think he'd tell the physio he was good to go even if he was still in a bit of pain.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6631191,00.html

"We debated when he got this injury how serious it was with the medical staff and the answer is that we don't know," said Pardew after the win over Wigan.

"He will definitely miss West Ham and I think he'll definitely miss Stevenage (next Saturday), but talking to the boy, he thinks he is ready for Sunderland already.

"I've got to make a call on that game as to whether he is putting himself at risk and we'll have to see, but it's touch-and-go."

Good shout.

He'll be 'doubtful' all week then he'll play. Mackem CH's will shit themselves when they see him in the tunnel.

Mind games ftw. :lol:

i've always had it in my head that he'll be back for the mackems,  miss the wigan and west ham game, to be honest i don't think he would ever have played against Stevenage even if he was fit and expect him to be raring to go for the stadium of light.

I'd say Shola's first touch is pretty good, it is his second touch which is the frustration.

When he doesn't have to think he is a good instinctive footballer. However a mental block gives him the tendency to cock up easy things a lot after he has done all the tricky stuff.

Reckon there is some truth in that.

Just that Ameobi's good/excellent touches are so ridiculously sporadic and separated by 10/20 clumsy stumbles, which you may interpret as dribbling.

Carroll's touch is just average. Does fuck up now and then in rather Sunday league like ways, mind.

Guest Heneage

He brought it down beautifully today before he fluffed the pass to Lovenkrands.

The Carroll situation is an unfortunate one. He'll be missed against West Ham no doubt but Stevenage for me is just a repeat of Accrington in the CC, we'll field a mix of youngsters and fringe players and look to get a result.

Sunderland is a really big one and I'd love to have him back but not at the risk of further injury.