West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

A month would be a complete disaster.

It would be interesting to see how many of our goals Carroll has had a key contribution in. Certainly in the home win against Liverpool without him we probably wouldn't have scored any. He won headers in the lead up to Nolan and Barton's goals that I don't think we've got other players capable of winning.

There isn't a chance in hell that we can cope without him (unless we sign somebody. HA!) and I guess we really are in the shitter now. Would love Ranger to get his chance but thats not happening so soon after Pardew's comments. So yey!!! Shola!!!

Guest Recoba

We can probably expect to be missing Carroll til after Stevenage as a minimum, which wont give us enough time to bring in a replacement.

I refuse to believe that Shola is ever fully fit and I cant see him making it through Wigan, WHU and Stevenage.

Ranger and Lovenkrands seem to be next in line.  We have to give Best or Xisco or both a run out against Stevenage, if either of them get a goal you never know...

Wishful thinking.

Sky dicks pretty much jizzing over the thought of us not having him for a few games...

Yeah was watching that. Dowie and Stelling do speak sense and genuinely seem to like Newcastle though :)

I liked how it was 'Lets talk about Newcastle vs Wigan'

talk about AC being injured and us being fucked

Right moving on, we'll come back to Wigan...

Mail reckons he could be out for a month. :suicide:

i've heard 6 games mentioned. don't know if that translates to a month.

Same amount of time.

oh bugger!

Two of those games would be in the cup though, so its not quite as bad as it sounds.

Guest BooBoo

What's worrying is Pardew making noises about the injury possibly being something serious. If it's a torn muscle or something that's likely to have him missing months rather than weeks, we need someone in ideally  before next weekend. We won't though, it'll be more a case of picking up a turkey on deadline day.