West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As one person put it:

"I would rather dish out free blow jobs to the homeless than sell Andy Carroll"

Brilliant.

And as another put it:

Can\'t see it happening. Carroll doesnt want to leave yet, and to be fair, like most English players, is pretty over rated. He\'s no better than Kenwyn Jones imo, just probaly got a bit more fight in him. We don\'t need a CL striker as we have Super Crouch, who turns into one of the most un playable striker in the world when playing in Europe and for England. Saurez is a player I like, Benzema is more of a VdV player than lone striker, Fabiano is to old and I think Lloriente will go Madrid so I\'d be very happy with Saurez!

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

I need to stop starting this argument when I'm bored or people will think I'm genuinely on that side. Would've thought 'I feel he'd sell any player to get him off the wage bill and to make a profit. Therefore it's fact.' would've been a dead giveaway I was taking the piss tbh :lol:

Guest lebowski

Frankly I have to say I'm deeply concerned, the only thing that makes any sense to me in getting rid of Hughton and bringing in the underwhelming Pardew is that Ashley wanted a yes man. I thought from the moment Pardew was in that Carroll and possibly others were going, when Carroll failed a 'late fitness' test and then went to London for an MRI scan (that you can get anywhere no scan is better than another) I feared the worse. The fact that they thought of playing him against Wigan and then advise he is out for at least 3 weeks is odd in itself, the NUFC medical staff should be good enough to know the likely seriousness of any injuries. Sadly I can see this happening, I really hope I'm wrong, I think in many ways Carroll is irreplaceable for us and I just don't think the purported deal would justify things, certainly not in the January window.

As***y is a spurs fan and a businessman so unfortunatly the unthinkable may well happen as we've been raped so many times before by this awful regime. I'll be absolutely gutted if Newcastle sell Carroll. Our No. 9 is who they should build the team around. To be blunt I think the progression of Keane will be the new Smudge, and Bentley will be equal to Loven material.  :weep:

Frankly I have to say I'm deeply concerned, the only thing that makes any sense to me in getting rid of Hughton and bringing in the underwhelming Pardew is that Ashley wanted a yes man. I thought from the moment Pardew was in that Carroll and possibly others were going, when Carroll failed a 'late fitness' test and then went to London for an MRI scan (that you can get anywhere no scan is better than another) I feared the worse. The fact that they thought of playing him against Wigan and then advise he is out for at least 3 weeks is odd in itself, the NUFC medical staff should be good enough to know the likely seriousness of any injuries. Sadly I can see this happening, I really hope I'm wrong, I think in many ways Carroll is irreplaceable for us and I just don't think the purported deal would justify things, certainly not in the January window.

I can see your concern, but can we please not panic until there is at least some substance to this

Guest rosstoon

The only way AC will go is a straight cash offer. Mike Ashley is not going to want to pay wages for2 or 3 other players who are all on more than Carroll. If Ashley wants to take us in the right direction he and Pardew need to play hardball and reject all offers and build the team around the core that we have at present.

£30m is a mental fee tbh.  When you think Robinho's fee was more a statement from City than anything else, and Berbatov's fee was pushed up to stop them hijacking that too, this would easily be the biggest 'normal' transfer in British history. Would hate to lose him, but how could anyone knock that back?

Guest Brazilianbob

Quite where anyone gets the idea that Ashley is a selling "chairman" is beyond me.  Which first teamers have we sold that (a) we wanted to keep or (b) the player wanted to stay?

Ok we sold Martins but he was no loss was he?  Viduka retired, and Owen ran his contract down.  Habib Beye was no loss either as he wanted to go. As did Duff.

All Ashley did was sell players who didn't fancy a spell in the Championship and who were all on massive wages.  Common sense to me, but most fans are so blinded by their bigoted hatred of Ashley that they cannot see that any chairman/owner would do the same, and would be critisized if they did not!

Which players have we had that anyone else would have wanted though? Given and Bassong only two I can think of, both wanted away and both sold. Given for a pitiful amount to a club that could have paid way more. Rest of them you'd be struggling to give away.

Given and Bassong both wanted to go, though.

Quite where anyone gets the idea that Ashley is a selling "chairman" is beyond me.  Which first teamers have we sold that (a) we wanted to keep or (b) the player wanted to stay?

Ok we sold Martins but he was no loss was he?  Viduka retired, and Owen ran his contract down.  Habib Beye was no loss either as he wanted to go. As did Duff.

All Ashley did was sell players who didn't fancy a spell in the Championship and who were all on massive wages.  Common sense to me, but most fans are so blinded by their bigoted hatred of Ashley that they cannot see that any chairman/owner would do the same, and would be critisized if they did not!

Wasn't there quotes a while ago about the club's policy to buy young players and develop them then sell them for a profit

Which players have we had that anyone else would have wanted though? Given and Bassong only two I can think of, both wanted away and both sold. Given for a pitiful amount to a club that could have paid way more. Rest of them you'd be struggling to give away.

Given and Bassong both wanted to go, though.

Exactly, whereas Carroll has just signed a long term contract and stated on more than one occasion he wants to stay.

If there does turn out to be anything in this story (and it's highly unlikely), then it will have had absolutely nothing to do with him going to London for a scan.

Most professional athletes go to London (or even further afield) for treatment. Sadly Harley Street just seems to have the best people nowadays.

This is the old Geordie paranoia at it's very worst (thanks nufc.com) - wasn't he going to Man City last week anyway ?