West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carroll's nowhere near good enough man  :lol:

Your mental if you think Carroll has suddendly become a good player after playing a good twenty mins for us,every other time I have seen him play hes being pure shit.

Carroll is shit.

He'd be out of his depth in the baby pool at wet n wild.

Awful, awful footballer. At this level anyway.

Are you Stu? Are you Stu? Are you stuey in disguise?

Carroll's nowhere near good enough man  :lol:

Your mental if you think Carroll has suddendly become a good player after playing a good twenty mins for us,every other time I have seen him play hes being pure shit.

Carroll is shit.

He'd be out of his depth in the baby pool at wet n wild.

Awful, awful footballer. At this level anyway.

2 years ago he didn't look a 10th of the player he does now, his improvement has been nothing short of ashtonishing. 

Petty as fuck to bring that up. 

At that time he was nowhere near ready.

Even this time last year he was struggling to score in the Championship!

I think even 4 or 5 games in this season I am on record saying he looks decent but lacks a goalscoring threat

Yeah, only scored a hattrick against Villa. :lol: (That was 2 games into the season, btw)

One season wonder.

nobody knows but when we talk of potential it could go both ways. He could be England's next main striker or he could just be a one season wonder. That is why taking 30M and getting a player who has been proven at the highest level many seasons over plus 1-2 more players is a really good deal

I remember seeing him play against Birmingham when they beat us 5-1 in the League Cup a few years ago. At the time he was so awful that I just wanted to punch him, and I was hoping that they wouldn't offer him a pro contract.

How times have changed.

I remember seeing him play against Birmingham when they beat us 5-1 in the League Cup a few years ago. At the time he was so awful that I just wanted to punch him, and I was hoping that they would offer him a pro contract.

How times have changed.

Aye, when he was a "white Shola."

One season wonder.

nobody knows but when we talk of potential it could go both ways. He could be England's next main striker or he could just be a one season wonder. That is why taking 30M and getting a player who has been proven at the highest level many seasons over plus 1-2 more players is a really good deal

There's also the factor that while Ashley is always one crazy decision from the next, you also get the feeling Carroll's one night out away from his next incident that could end him in jail.

One season wonder.

There's also the factor that while Ashley is always one crazy decision from the next, you also get the feeling Carroll's one night out away from his next incident that could end him in jail.

Yup I'm gonna be flamed for saying this, but many are glossing over his weaknesses (ability and character) and overstating his strengths because he is a local boy.

I remember seeing him play against Birmingham when they beat us 5-1 in the League Cup a few years ago. At the time he was so awful that I just wanted to punch him, and I was hoping that they wouldn't offer him a pro contract.

How times have changed.

Aye now he would punch you in the face.

Guest Roger Kint

How times have changed.

Aye now he would punch you in the face.

Must have been the worst 10 minute cameo in history for this numpty to remember it, he manages to forget the previous post half the time

Carroll is here to stay. The club want to build a team around him and the lad himself doesn't want to leave. Spurs are not big enough for them to take him off us, if it were Manu coming in offering £30m i'd be 100 times more worried.

Also if I were the board i'd reject all inquiries but listen to all bids, even if its to say to the next bidder we were offered X amount and said no, what makes you think we'll accept your offer?

Where's this £30m figure come from?

I remain worried about this. Spurs have now told all and sundry that they want him (if it is old news as that journo points out then today's events are simply to tell the world) and that has to be for a reason. Would Carroll be interested in such a move?

Guest Roger Kint

Was £30m not the figure someone made up after the original 'deal' from that Spurs forum ITK? No Hope in hell Spurs would offer anywhere near that

Character can be a weakness for him, but ability certainly isn't. His technique is excellent now.

Only when winning the ball in the air, he still has some work to do on ball control, dribbling and shooting. Right now he is the type of striker that will score when he gets decent crosses, and useful for knock ons but he is not able to create things on his own. His shooting consistency also can be improved, like I said very good potential, the best we've had in a long time but far from the finish product.