West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wearside

Considering Stoke thought £7m was a bit too pricey at the start of the season shows how much his value has rocketed. I really can't see the stopping right now and we need to hang on to him. £25m is a lot of money if its straight up cash, but we've no time to spend it and Carroll bless his heart is playing for the club he loves and won't be moving to Tottenham, he's better than that already.

Anything can and does happen in football, but its worth us sticking with him and keeping him here, even if he gets sussed out (don't really see that happening due to his height and ability in the air) he's still a £10m player all day long who's come through the academy and living the Geordie dream, and that in itself is priceless.

Can you explain the bit in bold to me mate?

Champions League football,living in London,massive salary will appeal to many footballers,I appreiciate he is a local lad but at some point he will want to play at the highest level(Champions League).

Considering Stoke thought £7m was a bit too pricey at the start of the season shows how much his value has rocketed. I really can't see the stopping right now and we need to hang on to him. £25m is a lot of money if its straight up cash, but we've no time to spend it and Carroll bless his heart is playing for the club he loves and won't be moving to Tottenham, he's better than that already.

Anything can and does happen in football, but its worth us sticking with him and keeping him here, even if he gets sussed out (don't really see that happening due to his height and ability in the air) he's still a £10m player all day long who's come through the academy and living the Geordie dream, and that in itself is priceless.

Champions League football,living in London,massive salary will appeal to many footballers,I appreiciate he is a local lad but at some point he will want to play at the highest level(Champions League).

Spuds have one more season in the CL at best, there's a good chance this is it and all they've got on us is Europa football which isn't a massive stretch for ourselves in a couple of seasons. We will offer him what he's worth throughout his career, we'll pay for talent, spuds ceiling is £60k, we'd have no problem offering that for him. London is vastly over rated, if you live in Sunderland then i can understand the attraction  O0 but really its shite and full of cunts.

What we can't offer him is regular CL football, sunny weather and loads of medals, Tottenham can't offer any of that either. Why would he move?

spurs won't stay in cl though or fight for the title and they're not a club with a giant name like liverpool to make up for lacking such. If it was arsenal offering 30m plus (they never would) you could get over it as they are genuinely one of the real big clubs, but spurs? that would stick in the throat

I don't think he's worth £25m based on how good he is, I definitely wouldn't take it though. Why should we? He's the most exciting player to come through our youth system for god knows how long, he's great fun to watch and genuinely cares about the club. We could (and have in the past) easily piss away that amount of money, it just isn't worth it. I'm sure at some point in the future he might not be valued as highly but fuck it, we're fans, why would we want money in the club above players who get you off your seat?

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Guest Wearside

spurs won't stay in cl though or fight for the title and they're not a club with a giant name like liverpool to make up for lacking such. If it was arsenal offering 30m plus (they never would) you could get over it as they are genuinely one of the real big clubs, but spurs? that would stick in the throat

Fair enough can't really argue with that although I think Spurs may be around the top 4/5/6/  for a good while yet.

Fair enough can't really argue with that although I think Spurs may be around the top 4/5/6/  for a good while yet.

5/6 maybe, if you ask me they'll settle into competing for cl but likely falling short, and sooner or later the likes of vdv modric and bale will get itchy feet in the search of medals

f***ing hell I hate Redknapp. The biggest, saggyest and ugliest wheeler dealer in the world of fotball. Carroll is simply not for sale.

Agree with Mowens words:

I don't think he's worth £25m based on how good he is, I definitely wouldn't take it though. Why should we? He's the most exciting player to come through our youth system for god knows how long, he's great fun to watch and genuinely cares about the club. We could (and have in the past) easily piss away that amount of money, it just isn't worth it. I'm sure at some point in the future he might not be valued as highly but f*** it, we're fans, why would we want money in the club above players who get you off your seat?

Guest Tall Striker

Chelsea valued Aguerro, a 22 year old with 7 league goals in 10/11 at 39m. Why should we then rate a younger player with more league goals this year at 25m? The Market has moved on. It should be 40m up front or fuck off.

Chelsea valued Aguerro, a 22 year old with 7 league goals in 10/11 at 39m. Why should we then rate a younger player with more league goals this year at 25m? The Market has moved on. It should be 40m up front or fuck off.

Because Aguero has been doing the business at the top level for longer than Carroll has.

Guest sicko2ndbest

25 million is a lot of money!

That is all!

I assume you are speaking on general basis here.

From a transfer point of view tbh

Carroll is the Balotelli of England. Lots of raw talent who on his day is unplayable, has the potential to be reckless, but still young and still in the unproven category

For me, 25 million is not enough for Carroll based on what he represents at the club, what he represents for the fans and what he coul do for us in the next 4 years.

But it is a lot of money

That ignores the fact that Aguerro has been a top drawer striker for four years whereas AC9 has been doing the do for less than a quarter of that time - and that's just experience (ie before you even begin talking about their relative talents)

EDIT: that's not to say I think we should sell Carroll for £25m or even £40m - just pointing out that comparing transfer fees, especially a domestic one to an international one, is fundamentally flawed

Guest Tall Striker

Chelsea valued Aguerro, a 22 year old with 7 league goals in 10/11 at 39m. Why should we then rate a younger player with more league goals this year at 25m? The Market has moved on. It should be 40m up front or f*** off.

Because Aguero has been doing the business at the top level for longer than Carroll has.

'the business' dear me.

Different types of players take different time to develop. To say Aguerro is worth 1.5 Carrolls in the Market today is just wrong.

25million this late on in the transfer window is a no. A massive no infact.

Offered at the start of the summer...and guaranteed that it will all go back into the transfer funds, then I hate to say it but I'd be tempted. I

Then again, its fat boy who makes the decision.

It will show what direction this club wants to go in should we say yes or no.

Wearside don't be a mong. Look at the potential he's got. Of course 25millions good for a player who's had half a decent season, but what if he goes on to give us many many sexalicious seasons.

Going on like a mong??f*** off man,£25m is a great fee,someone like Torres is only going for about £35m man,take a reality check.

What if he gets found out next season and defenders know how to mark him and his goals drop?It happens and yes he has bags of "potential" but we have all seen players with so called bags of "potential" struggle badly in the past.

Look I'm not calling Carroll and think he has a great future if he gets his head right but whatever way you look at it,£25m is a massive fee for someone with relatively little top flight games behind him.

All things being equal, 25m is an excellent fee for Carroll. He's worth much more to the club though in this case. Wouldn't take anything less than 40m for him this January.

Wearside don't be a mong. Look at the potential he's got. Of course 25millions good for a player who's had half a decent season, but what if he goes on to give us many many sexalicious seasons.

Going on like a mong??f*** off man,£25m is a great fee,someone like Torres is only going for about £35m man,take a reality check.

What if he gets found out next season and defenders know how to mark him and his goals drop?It happens and yes he has bags of "potential" but we have all seen players with so called bags of "potential" struggle badly in the past.

Look I'm not calling Carroll and think he has a great future if he gets his head right but whatever way you look at it,£25m is a massive fee for someone with relatively little top flight games behind him.

yes 25m is a lot of money for an fairly unproven player. but if we sell him now we will send the ultimate wrong message!

+ caroll can´t be stopped....at least not in the air! He can still improve in every area.

Chelsea valued Aguerro, a 22 year old with 7 league goals in 10/11 at 39m. Why should we then rate a younger player with more league goals this year at 25m? The Market has moved on. It should be 40m up front or f*** off.

'the business' dear me.

Different types of players take different time to develop. To say Aguerro is worth 1.5 Carrolls in the Market today is just wrong.

It's not wrong at all. Aguero has proven he can consistently do it a the highest level for longe than Carroll has.

I wouldn't sell Carroll for the quoted figure anyway, as his value to us is a lot higher than that.

They'd make a great partnership like. Sort it out Mike. ;)

If it starts going beyond £30million, and as long as all the money was to be reinvested in the team in the summer, then I would think about it. Don't think it would be a great move for him though. He could do better than them.

No idea why anyone would think selling AC for 25m is good business for us when we all know where the cash will go. As for the Aguero comparison, Aguero hasn't done it in the Premier League, and it's a massive "if" that he would make the transition (Shevchenko springs to mind).