West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put in a good performance upfront, but clearly we dont create much with him upfront on his own. He tries hard, but theres nothing around him.

More often than not we lose it when hes on his own. Thats why we invited so much pressure. I rate him though, Carroll will keep getting better.

He handled Morgan very well tonight and as close to a classic centre-forwards performance as I've seen from him so far. Needs to keep working hard and improving - no resting on his laurels. Just think of the goals he would get, had we two good wide men......

Guest toonlass

Unfortunately, he's a striker and we need goals, we were really lucky to score one tonight.

Are you Jack Dee in disguise?

Guest firetotheworks

Unfortunately, he's a striker and we need goals, we were really lucky to score one tonight.

Nah, he's a miserable bugger, not in disguise.

Nah, he's a miserable bugger, not in disguise.

He's certainly just as funny on occasions, that Craig Fagan thing the other day had me in hysterics, no, really.

He handled Morgan very well tonight and as close to a classic centre-forwards performance as I've seen from him so far. Needs to keep working hard and improving - no resting on his laurels. Just think of the goals he would get, had we two good wide men......

Exactly if he had 2 good wingers putting crosses over he'd score at hatful.

Was his shot over the bar as bad as it sounded on the radio?

Don't know how bad they made it out to be, but I don't think he did that much wrong. It was a very difficult chance, ball coming from behind with players near him, and he was probably thinking Nolan would take it as well. He probably could have done better, but it wasn't like his miss last week.

Guest firetotheworks

Was his shot over the bar as bad as it sounded on the radio?

Not really, he made it look difficult because of the type of shot that he tried to pull off. essentially he tried to blast in a ball looping over his shoulder that was travelling pretty quickly. A deft touch might have been easier and more effective, he probably got a bit excited tbh.

This is one of the areas where Shearer would be better than Hughton tbh. Carroll needs an arm around his shoulder and to be taught how to use his physical attributes to best effect in addition to working on movement around the penalty area.

Did very well tonight though.

Carroll was unlucky not to score that header off the post.

It's really quite astonishing how little crosses into the box there are from open play. I mean, i think of the Donny game and  - were there actual any? Excluding set pieces, obviously. Without trying to sound like i'm making excuses for Carroll again, it's a wonder how many goals he would get if we had a couple of wingers capable of crossing. This is why Ryan Taylor's got to be on the wing for me. It's just typical of us in the last two or three years (bar the Keegan spell :pow:) where we don't play players to their strenghts. Obviously at the moment we simply can't cos we don't have the personnel, but man it's frustrating. I know people have said we need a striker in January or another full-back or whatever, but i'd love for us to cash in on a decent winger. It's a disappointment that we couldn't get Tommy Smith in the summer.

Guest toonlass

Carroll was unlucky not to score that header off the post.

It's really quite astonishing how little crosses into the box there are from open play. I mean, i think of the Donny game and  - were there actual any? Excluding set pieces, obviously. Without trying to sound like i'm making excuses for Carroll again, it's a wonder how many goals he would get if we had a couple of wingers capable of crossing. This is why Ryan Taylor's got to be on the wing for me. It's just typical of us in the last two or three years (bar the Keegan spell :pow:) where we don't play players to their strenghts. Obviously at the moment we simply can't cos we don't have the personnel, but man it's frustrating. I know people have said we need a striker in January or another full-back or whatever, but i'd love for us to cash in on a decent winger. It's a disappointment that we couldn't get Tommy Smith in the summer.

Would love to see a couple of decent wingers, who could get to the byeline and cross the ball in.