West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Unfortunately, he's a striker and we need goals, we were really lucky to score one tonight.

Carroll was unlucky not to score that header off the post.

It's really quite astonishing how little crosses into the box there are from open play. I mean, i think of the Donny game and  - were there actual any? Excluding set pieces, obviously. Without trying to sound like i'm making excuses for Carroll again, it's a wonder how many goals he would get if we had a couple of wingers capable of crossing. This is why Ryan Taylor's got to be on the wing for me. It's just typical of us in the last two or three years (bar the Keegan spell :pow:) where we don't play players to their strenghts. Obviously at the moment we simply can't cos we don't have the personnel, but man it's frustrating. I know people have said we need a striker in January or another full-back or whatever, but i'd love for us to cash in on a decent winger. It's a disappointment that we couldn't get Tommy Smith in the summer.

:thup:

Could definitely do with a tricky left winger, or even one that can play both sides.

So I repeat my question.. name a young striker who is a better headerer of the ball than Carroll..

So far Andy has bullied every single big fat CB who's had the misfortune of marking him.. He's a MONSTER target man! (Like I've said after his first ever game for us, if I may add)

Was his shot over the bar as bad as it sounded on the radio?

At first it looked a bad miss but when you look at the replay even Bergkamp would have had difficulty tucking that away, it was a very tough chance. Very unlucky with his header too, great power and almost perfect direction from quite far out.

Guest Heneage

Unfortunately, he's a striker and we need goals, we were really lucky to score one tonight.

Should have buried that volley mind.

Guest icemanblue

The one dropping over his shoulder at around 300 mph? Yeah, he should have buried that.

Guest Heneage

The one dropping over his shoulder at around 300 mph? Yeah, he should have buried that.

300mph?

He's a professional footballer on his stronger foot. He wasn't even close to finishing it, you should really sue your brain for lack of support you cretin.

Guest icemanblue

300mph?

He's a professional footballer on his stronger foot. He wasn't even close to finishing it, you should really sue your brain for lack of support you cretin.

'Sue' my brain for lack of support? Fuck me, I'm in tears.

FWIW, you're the only one here of the opinion he should have scored.

Probably only a few premiership strikers would have scored that chance. Was much harder than it appears, if anyones played football before they will know how hard it is to control a volley when the ball is coming over your head like it was for Carroll.

Guest toonlass

300mph?

Sorry Nixon, but you are wrong. That chance was harder than it initially looked.

Guest icemanblue

Nothing like Kezman showing he knows absolutely nothing about anything :lol:

Now, that's not true. He definitely knows how to use Wikipedia.

So I repeat my question.. name a young striker who is a better headerer of the ball than Carroll..

So far Andy has bullied every single big fat CB who's had the misfortune of marking him..

It's a shame he didn't cripple that ugly cunt Chris Morgan though. I wouldn't want to see many pros being knocked spark out on the pitch but in this case I was sorely tempted...

Guest Steve Wraith

Andy grafts a lot and has deserved his chance. He had a great game last night. It's a tough division and he looks up to the challenge. He will get better with each full game he plays. Same for Ranger. Shola will be back in the mix soon to. I'd like to see Shola or Andy take up the Number 9 shirt. Now we have a permenant gaffer (if there is such a thing at our club) it's a decision that may be made sooner or later. Whats everyone else think? Should we give it to one of the lads now or give it to a new recruit if we ever sign anybody again?

John Halls vision was 11 geordies in black and white shirts.

Mike Ashleys is 11 loan players. Watch this space!!!