West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carroll

English

Can score goals on the ground or in the air

Young

Probably PFA young player already for the season Has a 5 year contract

Englands brightest centre forward talent since Rooney

35mil +

I agree with all that except the bit in bold. PFA young player's going to be Bale.

He may get the main one!

He shouldn't win either.

£35m plus?  :lol:  Christ, a lot of people on here must be substance abusers.  So he's worth nearly as much as Torres then?  Gerraway.  He's a great player but, at the moment and given that he's still inexperienced compared to his peers, we'd be lucky to get more than £20m for him in my opinion.  Personally, I think that Spurs' offer is ludacrious.

As long as Nasri and Bale keep playing as they are, Carroll won't (and shouldn't) get close to winning the PFA young player award.  He's scored goals, yes, but he's nowhere near as effective as Nasri or Bale.

Are you drunk?

Guest guinness_fiend

Carroll

English

Young

35mil +

I agree with all that except the bit in bold. PFA young player's going to be Bale.

He may get the main one!

He shouldn't win either.

£35m plus?  :lol:  Christ, a lot of people on here must be substance abusers.  So he's worth nearly as much as Torres then?  Gerraway.  He's a great player but, at the moment and given that he's still inexperienced compared to his peers, we'd be lucky to get more than £20m for him in my opinion.  Personally, I think that Spurs' offer is ludacrious.

As long as Nasri and Bale keep playing as they are, Carroll won't (and shouldn't) get close to winning the PFA young player award.  He's scored goals, yes, but he's nowhere near as effective as Nasri or Bale.

Are you drunk?

No, just objective and cautious of Toon-tinted spec syndrome.  Nasri and Bale have both been far better than Carroll this season and I think you'd struggle to find a neutral who would disagree.  I'm not disputing that he's a good player, but a great player?  Not yet, although he could be if he keeps improving.

See nufc.com are priming themselves for a "We told you so" but will no doubt conveniently disregard their headline if nothing happens - a la Chronicle "you heard it here first" type scoops.

Lets face it anything can happen in football nowadays with agents running the show, but bearing in mind that nufc.com started the stories running after Carroll had attended an appointment in Harley St.  Harley St = London = Spurs (geddit), then shouldn't we now be bracing ourselves for a deadline day bid from IFK Gothenburg or some other Swedish club ?

Wanted to offer us Keane as part of the deal but he is now off to West Ham.

Hope we tell them to f*** off at every opportunity, then report Harry for tapping up Carroll just for a laugh.

When has he tapped up Carroll?

No idea.... but its that droopy faced cunt so is bound to have done it

:D

Guest guinness_fiend

Wanted to offer us Keane as part of the deal but he is now off to West Ham.

Hope we tell them to f*** off at every opportunity, then report Harry for tapping up Carroll just for a laugh.

When has he tapped up Carroll?

No idea.... but its that droopy faced c*** so is bound to have done it

:D

:lol:

Carroll

English

Young

35mil +

He may get the main one!

He shouldn't win either.

Are you drunk?

No, just objective and cautious of Toon-tinted spec syndrome.  Nasri and Bale have both been far better than Carroll this season and I think you'd struggle to find a neutral who would disagree.  I'm not disputing that he's a good player, but a great player?  Not yet, although he could be if he keeps improving.

In the Premier League alone, Carroll has been better than Bale this season. A lot of the hype around Bale has come about because of his performances in the Champions League.

The reason he is so valuable to us is not just that he has the potential to be very good, but that he actually wants to stay at Newcastle.  Having a player with a scrap of loyalty is very rare these days (Darren Bent).

While I agree that Suarez is a very good player there is no gaurantee he will settle in England or adapt to the English style of play meaning he is much more of a gamble than Carrol would be fo an English club - it is this together with ability that determines the value of a player.

Well said!

Guest elbee909

See nufc.com are priming themselves for a "We told you so" but will no doubt conveniently disregard their headline if nothing happens - a la Chronicle "you heard it here first" type scoops.

Lets face it anything can happen in football nowadays with agents running the show, but bearing in mind that nufc.com started the stories running after Carroll had attended an appointment in Harley St.  Harley St = London = Spurs (geddit), then shouldn't we now be bracing ourselves for a deadline day bid from IFK Gothenburg or some other Swedish club ?

I try not to bother with that site anymore, they've taken the .com aspect of their URL too literally.

Suarez is better than Carroll, ergo Carroll's price should be lower than £23m.

The only reason we'll get close to £40m for him is because he's English. Torres will be going for that amount, man! It's an insane price for someone like Carroll.

says who?

If you think Carroll is better than Suarez, you're daft.

How exactly are you comparing two totally different players on who is better?  Especially when one hasn't even played in this country, that's daft IMO.  Carroll is probably the best striker of his kind I can think of, Suarez is very good, but there's plenty like him.

*The conspiracy theory. I can understand people being cynical but wouldn't Spurs just deny it?

Spurs won't deny it because this is their evidence showing they have been trying to buy a quality striker but failed to make a bid for Suarez and have made a complete gash of trying to get a striker in.    BTW it was me that reported that one ITK was saying there had been no serious bid, there are others saying it now, in fact I can find only one who is still categorically saying that we did bid £23m for Carroll. 

The only reason we'll get close to £40m for him is because he's English. Torres will be going for that amount, man! It's an insane price for someone like Carroll.

says who?

Suarez is a big gamble considering the amount of strikers with much better goal records who've come out of Holland and flopped.

says who?

Suarez is a big gamble considering the amount of strikers with much better goal records who've come out of Holland and flopped.

I'm not saying he's better than Carroll, but honestly he has proven that he's a good striker for the national team too during the world cup. Afonso Alves, Mateja Kezman, and those guys never proved it for their national teams in a big tournament.

says who?

I'm not saying he's better than Carroll, but honestly he has proven that he's a good striker for the national team too during the world cup. Afonso Alves, Mateja Kezman, and those guys never proved it for their national teams in a big tournament.

That may have relevance to his price tag but absolutely none when talking about his ability to adapt to the Premier League.

says who?

He hardly set the place on fire, man. He got 3 goals.

says who?

3 goals in a World Cup in a team with two other strikers getting a few share of the goals is pretty good. I'm not saying he set the place on fire, I just said he's more proven on the international stage than Kezman and Afonso Alves, and even Dirk Kuyt were. He scored 16 in 38 for Uruguay which isn't very bad.

He's also a way better goalkeeper than Carroll.

says who?

3 goals in a World Cup in a team with two other strikers getting a few share of the goals is pretty good. I'm not saying he set the place on fire, I just said he's more proven on the international stage than Kezman and Afonso Alves, and even Dirk Kuyt were. He scored 16 in 38 for Uruguay which isn't very bad.

On that logic we should sign David Healy. The "international stage" is far weaker than the domestic one.

says who?

On that logic we should sign David Healy. The "international stage" is far weaker than the domestic one.

On that logic we should look to promote you as Chief Scout at the club. I mean Northern Ireland finished 4th in the World Cup and Healy was one of the major reasons why they reached there. Healy also scored 81 in 108 for his club which played in the Champions League.

No...just no...

says who?

On that logic we should look to promote you as Chief Scout at the club. I mean Northern Ireland finished 4th in the World Cup and Healy was one of the major reasons why they reached there. Healy also scored 81 in 108 for his club which played in the Champions League.

No...just no...

Sorry like but there's a very long list of players who have been bought off the back of three or four games at a major tournament and absolutely bombed.

Suarez might be fantastic but judging him because he scored two goals against South Korea (their back four made up mainly of players from the Saudi league) is very ill advised. He's got one goal in this year's Champions League and they got knocked out, so I wouldn't go bandying that around as evidence of his ability to do it in England.