West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone stopped to ask what the fucking point of this discussion is? :lol:

Carroll has had a good six months but it may turn out to be the best six months of his career in terms of goals to games. Similarly Suarez could struggle to adapt to the Premier League as many others have before him. Does who is better matter? No.

I think the point was someone suggested £23m as an insult and tbh I have to agree.

I know it's a staggering amount, especially given the short time he has been playing as well as he has but given various factors I think we could push for a lot more.

Has anyone stopped to ask what the fucking point of this discussion is? :lol:

Carroll has had a good six months but it may turn out to be the best six months of his career in terms of goals to games. Similarly Suarez could struggle to adapt to the Premier League as many others have before him. Does who is better matter? No.

I think the point was someone suggested £23m as an insult and tbh I have to agree.

I know it's a staggering amount, especially given the short time he has been playing as well as he has but given various factors I think we could push for a lot more.

£23 million is an insult because of the timing more than anything. 72 hours before the end of the transfer window I'd want that and Defoe as a starting point.

If time was no obstacle and I had faith in the club to reinvest it in players of quality then I'd be very tempted to accept a bid around that region. It's not though and I don't so they can piss off.

I can't agree he's destined to move at some point. After one season back in the PL we have Tiote, Enrique, Barton, Colo, HBA and Carroll all doing amazingly well. I think Simpson will only get better as he plays more n a settled back 4. Add some more quality additions and we should be a top 6 team in a couple of seasons................. i fucking hope.

Carroll has only had half a season at the top level and half a season would not normally be enough to make big predictions on.

However I would say that having watched him for a few seasons now, injury free, Andy Carroll will go on to be the best English forward of his generation. 

The last time I was so confident about a product of our youth set up was when Paul Gascoigne graduated to the first team.

Bar Torres (although he does pick up his fair share on injuries), Liverpool absolutely ruin forwards anyway so Suarez better keep his fingers crossed :lol:

Don't forget, this is King Kenny we're talking about.

'Arry talking to The Guardian:

"I never made a bid for Andy Carroll. Maybe the chairman did but I never did. Nobody has told me we've made a bid. I can't get a striker in – Robbie Keane has gone on loan, we've lost him. The chairman made the deal. I think it's on loan but, if they stay up, there's a set fee [of £6m for West Ham] to buy him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/30/harry-redknapp-andy-carroll-tottenham-hot

"I never made a bid for Andy Carroll. Maybe the chairman did but I never did. Nobody has told me we've made a bid. I can't get a striker in – Robbie Keane has gone on loan, we've lost him. The chairman made the deal. I think it's on loan but, if they stay up, there's a set fee [of £6m for West Ham] to buy him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/30/harry-redknapp-andy-carroll-tottenham-hot

Levy does all the negotiations, including making the inital bid.  But I don't think anyone would be fooled into thinking Redknapp doesn't know what players are the subject of bids and the amount of the bids.  He knows.

Levy does all the negotiations, including making the inital bid.  But I don't think anyone would be fooled into thinking Redknapp doesn't know what players are the subject of bids and the amount of the bids.  He knows.

this i'd agree with knowing how arry operates