West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To be fair, £30M+ is just not something Mike Ashley can afford to ignore.

Kenny Dalglish is a fucking nutcase, though. 18 months ago, neither Andy Carroll nor Charlie Adam were particularly highly rated.

Now that they've both had a remarkably good first half of this season, and now he's splurging £47M onb the pair fo them, by the looks of things...

£35m is daft money but how many top class strikers will we be able to buy who will want to come here unless we pay them stupid wages? This isn't a straightforward deal.

TBF, its odd, 35 million for a player who we'd have struggled to get 5m for 12 months ago.  Mental.  I dunno if it will go through and I think if this happened in july hed be sold. 

I'm not sure he'd actually want to leave though tbf.

He doesn't. Read his latest interview in the chronicle. "Wouldn't mind staying for life"-ish

we cannot go the rest of the season with Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger as our strikers

Yup, where the hell would our goals come from!?  Thats right - they wouldn't.

If anyone else other than Carroll scored more than 8 goals in the league this season I'd drink my own pi... Ohhh...

Shaun Custis saying it's a done deal.

Link?

It's on his twitter.

Did you actually take any notice of the account? :)

It is definitely him.

What? :lol:

It is the real Shaun Custis. He is a bit of a clown but he is a Newcastle fan.

TBF, its odd, 35 million for a player who we'd have struggled to get 5m for 12 months ago.  Mental.  I dunno if it will go through and I think if this happened in july hed be sold. 

I'm not sure he'd actually want to leave though tbf.

He doesn't. Read his latest interview in the chronicle. "Wouldn't mind staying for life"-ish

What are the odds of him turning down a move on reportedly treble we're paying him?

we cannot go the rest of the season with Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger as our strikers

Yup, where the hell would our goals come from!?  Thats right - they wouldn't.

We've scored 8 goals (and gotten 8 points) from the 4 games Carroll has missed so far.  I definitely want him to stay, for the future, but to say we can't score goals without him is nonsense.

Yup, where the hell would our goals come from!?

Coloccini.

Working on some new set pieces this morning in training.

That's it then - all bets off - Carroll's gone.

Shaun Custis saying it's a done deal.

Link?

It's on his twitter.

Did you actually take any notice of the account? :)

It is definitely him.

What? :lol:

It is the real Shaun Custis. He is a bit of a clown but he is a Newcastle fan.

I know who he fucking is, and he isn't a joker who's going to make a twitter account like that..

anything over 30mill would be hard to turn down if, and it's a big IF it's re invested in the playing side sharpish. Any chance the club had an idea this might happen and have someone ready in case ?

Doubt it. I still think we'll not sell Carroll tbh.