West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

its part of controlling the backlash to Ashley:

a) 'reject' a 2nd bid

b) say he handed in a request.

This

Obviously. It couldnt be more blatant.

So Carroll will be coming out and telling us that request never happened yes?

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

We rejected an offer to get a better price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

Hes gonna double/treble his money and play for a bigger club.

He saw shearer spend 10 years and win nothing.

Favourite club loyalty can only go so far.. I really don't blame him

Its chelseas/liverpools fault.

its part of controlling the backlash to Ashley:

a) 'reject' a 2nd bid

b) say he handed in a request.

This

Obviously. It couldnt be more blatant.

:lol:

:lol:

wake up lad

I'm not the one making up pie in the sky conspiracy theories ffs :lol:

You're niave if you think its as simple as it appears. I dont doubt Carroll was looking after himself & potentially wanted a much higher wage. You dont think Ashley wanted the money? He could easily put Carroll in a position of staying here undervalued on a much lower contract & force him to put in a transfer request if he wants the wage. Ashley could easily have done far more, think about what liverpool possible have over us to turn Carrolls head?

That plus the random "rejected 2nd offer" released in the middle of completely silence.

How do you not think this is dodgy as fuck? You're being done completely.

The geordie f***ed us over, not the cockney.

Exactly. People refusing to open their eyes to the fact that we've been fucked over by someone who 'loved the club'. Nope it's got to be Ashley :rolleyes:

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

We rejected an offer to get a price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

Why would Carroll, as a Newcastle fan and a Geordie himself, ever agree to that though?