West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thenorthumbrian

Ashley rejected 35 million pounds and only accepted when it became clear AC wanted to go to Liverpool.I'm not sure what he was supposed to do in that situation,that would benefit us more than what he has done.

What Ashley should have done is prove to the best young players at United that he wants to make Newcastle a well run, ambitious club which would show ambition and build a good quality team around them.

But the fat, ugly , smug, hideous piece of cockney scum hasn't either the ability or first clue to know how to make it happen

#Carroll wanted to stay at #NUFC. Handed in request after leaked they would sell him for £35m. Worth remembering B4 making JUDAS banners

from danwalkerbbc

So why was a £35m bid rejected then..

It wasnt. They released that we rejected their 2nd offer & gave no details on what that was, we may well have accepted a 3rd by that point & been calming a backlash. Its common sense.

Common sense?, really? ???  Its common sense to say that we hadn't rejected a bid, because we probably, maybe, perhaps had accepted a third bid, so Carroll then asked to leave instead of just leaving and picking up his part of the transfer?  That's common sense now?

You've tangled up your own thoughts there.

Im purely saying that we simply released that we'd turned down a 2nd offer. The idea that this meant a deal was off the table or hadnt already been agreed since that point is all assumptions. David craig was making a point of saying Ashley was resisting selling as much as he could, as if he was "trying his best" & a further way to back this up would be to leak that we'd turned down 2 offers in a row. The point of all of this is to calm a backlash from fans aggravated that we'd given away our best player easily.

They were just trying to suggest everywhere that we were trying hard to keep him, which is what you're being lead to think.

The fact that we made no attempt to take any deal off the table & were quiet all day suggests the opposite.

I'm mixing up my thoughts?  Mate I was just emphasising how mixed up your post was.  Also yet again what you're saying doesn't fit in with the transfer request.  We might already have accepted a third bid before announcing that we'd refused the second bid?, so then why the transfer request?  If we'd accepted a bid why the f*** would Carroll then put in a transfer request?  If he put it in before the third bid.. if there even was one, then again it comes back to us rejected a bid, him handing in a request, then us accepted the next bid.  Again Carroll asked to leave after we rejected a bid.

Yes? The 2nd bid could have happened hours before reported & Carroll may have handed in his request etc before we'd even reported it.

Carroll asked to leave whilst we were likely playing games with Liverpool to get them to reach our valuation. The claim is that he wanted to leave for whatever reason when we leaked we were willing to accept 35 mill, so he puts in said transfer request. Pool reach the asking price and there you go.

We release delayed statement about 2nd bid to calm backlash, deal is potentially already done behind the scenes. Maybe not, just possible is all. The initial reaction is that things happen when reported, im just saying thats an assumption & we have no idea what happened. David craig was basically fed lines all night like a puppet.

Move on now anyway, may aswell leave it be & start trying to find some positivity out of it all.

Again this story doesn't fit together..  Why would he put in a transfer request?  We tell Liverpool we'll accept £35m and they're going to bid that, Carroll hears and decides to put in a transfer request, WHY?

Say what you like about Shepherd, he would never ever have let this happen. Remember the Dyer saga?

Aye, only time in the club's modern histrory where we didn't flog our best players. Maybe NE5 had a point after all.

Guest toonlass

Wonder if Carroll will go off the rails without Nolan by his side? My bet is on Glenn Johnson being the first one Carroll twats!

If Carroll wasn't a Geordie and was at a different club how many people would be saying that this was a bad deal for the selling club? My guess is none.

How many of those clubs owners would have thought ahead and had a plan in place? All of them.

The club can't win really, can they. Imagine the shit-storm if they'd have had a replacement seemingly lined up.

Ashley rejected 35 million pounds and only accepted when it became clear AC wanted to go to Liverpool.I'm not sure what he was supposed to do in that situation,that would benefit us more than what he has done.

What Ashley should have done is prove to the best young players at United that he wants to make Newcastle a well run, ambitious club which would show ambition and build a good quality team around them.

But the fat, ugly , smug, hideous piece of cockney scum hasn't either the ability or first clue to know how to make it happen

If giving the younger players on long-term contract, talking to Enrique & Barton to stay longer, buying Tiote, Ben Arfa & Ireland wasn't enough for him at this stage of us getting back in the Premier League then I'm not sure what is tbh.

Guest neesy111

Say what you like about Shepherd, he would never ever have let this happen. Remember the Dyer saga?

Woodgate has already been mentioned.

Woodgate was a good deal, it's the fact we gave that money to Souness was the problem.

Guest mimifrench

According to his price Carroll is nearly 8 times better than Ben Arfa lol...

But don't be sad, Newcastle has other very good players who love the club. And don't forget that Ben Arfa will come back soon... and he can play as an "attaquant" too. 

We have now reverted back to the days when we sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gasgoine.

My thoughts entirely

We have now reverted back to the days when we sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gasgoine.

My thoughts entirely

The parrells are there. Can't remeber what happened to the Waddle money, don't think it was re-invested, it wasn't a huge sum anyway 500k I think. Beardsley's money went on a new stand. Gazza's was invested in 4 players that on paper looked good, but for whatever reason didn't click at SJP and we ended up getting relegated that season.

Hope we can buck the trend and actually re-invest wisely but I doubt we have the people in the power positions that have the ability to identify talent.

If giving the younger players on long-term contract, talking to Enrique & Barton to stay longer, buying Tiote, Ben Arfa & Ireland wasn't enough for him at this stage of us getting back in the Premier League then I'm not sure what is tbh.

:thup:

think carroll been told to had a transfer req by the club .so theres not as much backlash on ashley etc.what uz think?

agreed

Yeah, Carroll wanted to be hated just to save Ashleys ass...  :idiot2:

Ashley needed to keep the goodwill of fans more than Carol. as carol has left and dosnt need to sell season tickets here.

Ashley would have simply said were accepting 35mil- yr getting 80k a week- but we need a transfer request to excuse us. cant see how people cant accept this.

Of course, its the least reasonable explanation for the situation and based on nothing but the hatred some people have for Ashley, obviously everyone should accept it :idiot2:

Also love the "Ashley needed to keep the goodwill of fans", that's comedy gold :lol:

he had to save face man- season ticket renewals.

Cant believe some so-called newcastle fans fall for this shit time and again. :lol:

Do you believe in alien abductions as well?  I suppose Ashley is behind those?

May have been posted 5 times already

Alan Shearer on Andy Carroll on BBC Five Live: "Off the field he has been in trouble once or twice before - that would be the major area of concern for me. I spoke to Kenny months ago before he even came to Liverpool about the potential of Carroll. Kenny got myself and Chris Sutton and myself and Mike Newell together at Blackburn and he probably sees Carroll and Suarez as a similar partnership - both can score goals. Andy Carroll is unplayable on his day. We might see Charlie Adam there and with Steven Gerrard and his tremendous right foot - if you get balls into box for those guys it will be a hell of a partnership."

Thats the second player Shearer has bigged up to his none NUFC mates?

Wullie the club was almost going to the wire under Shepherd before Ashely came in because of his spending so it's a moot point.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Bring back Fat Fred.

If Carroll wasn't a Geordie and was at a different club how many people would be saying that this was a bad deal for the selling club? My guess is none.

How many of those clubs owners would have thought ahead and had a plan in place? All of them.

The club can't win really, can they. Imagine the shit-storm if they'd have had a replacement seemingly lined up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aye....