West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm baffled by the amount of "Great deal for us" posts today.

We've lost a very good player AND

Ashley has proven in the past that he doesnt want to spend big on fees or wages.

The money is irrelevant as Pardew will see only a fraction of it.

"Great deal" :lol:

Redknap was spot on tbf like

This.  Hate him or not (I know everyone does) - listen to what he's saying there and it gives you all the insight you need.

I agree

Big Mike holding out for all he could get. Then not sign anyone decent just to fuck us all off even more.

Say what you like about Shepherd, he would never ever have let this happen. Remember the Dyer saga?

Woodgate has already been mentioned.

Howay man Mick, I hated Shepherd but that was inspired. He knew Woodgate was a wreck and took them to the cleaners. £14m for a player who didn't get on a football pitch for 18 months afterwards.

Whats Pardews record in the transfer window like? Im not sure I trust him with this kind of money tbh.

Got Tevez and Mascherno tbf.

Those deals had nothing to do with Pardew. He said so himself.

Guest neesy111

Whats Pardews record in the transfer window like? Im not sure I trust him with this kind of money tbh.

Got Tevez and Mascherno tbf.

They were given to him, not signed by him.

I'm baffled by the amount of "Great deal for us" posts today.

We've lost a very good player AND

Ashley has proven in the past that he doesnt want to spend big on fees or wages.

The money is irrelevant as Pardew will see only a fraction of it.

"Great deal" :lol:

:sadnod:

This.  Hate him or not (I know everyone does) - listen to what he's saying there and it gives you all the insight you need.

I'm guessing the part where he said he was a "prospect" and a "ridiculous fee" is being ignored then.

You know what I'm talking about.  The fact that he's mocking Newcastle for digging their heels in in public, and saying "it seems a club needs a player to hand in a transfer request every time a big money deal goes through these days".  He's probably known Carroll's price for the last week or so.

This.  Hate him or not (I know everyone does) - listen to what he's saying there and it gives you all the insight you need.

I'm guessing the part where he said he was a "prospect" and a "ridiculous fee" is being ignored then.

You know what I'm talking about.  The fact that he's mocking Newcastle for digging their heels in in public, and saying "it seems a club needs a player to hand in a transfer request every time a big money deal goes through these days".  He's probably known Carroll's price for the last week or so.

He's that shocked a transfer has happened the way it should (fee rejected, transfer request, fee accepted, buying club staying quiet), rather than his "he's a triffic player but he's not our player but I'll unsettle and tap him up anyway..." technique.

You know what I'm talking about.  The fact that he's mocking Newcastle for digging their heels in in public, and saying "it seems a club needs a player to hand in a transfer request every time a big money deal goes through these days".  He's probably known Carroll's price for the last week or so.

Aye true.

He will still be gutted every fucking striker going doesn't want to go daaaaan the lane.

Guest prestonj1989

Ryan Donaldson

As if anyone in there right mind wouldnt of done the same?!! Ha.

Carroll leaving his legacy.

Somebody terminate that little s***'s contract so he can end up at Blyth Spartans.

:pow:

Can't believe these young players, just don't seem to show any loyalty. If I was on just £20,000 a week I can't see why I would need/want any more and leave the team I have supported for years to get it.

The Milner saga again, only inflated.  Great money on the sale.  However, the great money is irrelevant if it isn't properly reinvested.  Money itself doesn't do much for the club.  It's the assets bought and sustained that keep it breathing.  Unless they figured that the bags of cash are much more mobile and better finishers than the strikers we currently have.  They may have a point then.  The defenders will certainly lose focus as they pilfer, and Nolan can sneak in with the odd goal.

teasy  regardless of the order of the events.

Are we selling the clubs best striker?

Are you happy about this?

Do you think 50k fans deserve better?

Where does this leave Ashleys 5year plan?

Do you believe the club will progress under Ashleys ownership?

Its not the order of events I'm arguing with, its the events themselves.  Anyone who reckons Carroll was made to put in a transfer request is a lunatic in my book (and that includes that horrible saggy faced contemptuous twat on SSN).

But to answer your questions.  Obviously yes we've sold our best striker, no I'm not happy but I'm not as suicidal as some on here.  All Newcastle fans deserve much better, from Andy Carroll.  But as good a player as he is and as much as I supported him because he was a Newcastle player I've never been under the illusion that he's anything but a horrible big headed twat in reality, so it doesn't surprise me that much.  Where it puts Ashley's plan is actually totally in Ashley's hands, he can do alot with that money if its spent on the right players.  £35m spent on 4 quality players would put us in a much better position then we were with Carroll in the side and no new players.  I actually do believe we can progress, but the key will be the summer.  The club should no longer be losing big money and we've received £35m for Carroll, so I expect major moves in the summer.  Without them I'll lose any belief in Ashley.

Doubt we'll receive £35 million all in one lump, like.