West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Howay man Mick, I hated Shepherd but that was inspired. He knew Woodgate was a wreck and took them to the cleaners. £14m for a player who didn't get on a football pitch for 18 months afterwards.

I'll make my mind up on this one when the money is either spent or not spent.  We didn't do much with the Woodgate money and ended up losing our manager who would piss all over the current one.

Howay man Mick, I hated Shepherd but that was inspired. He knew Woodgate was a wreck and took them to the cleaners. £14m for a player who didn't get on a football pitch for 18 months afterwards.

I'll make my mind up on this one when the money is either spent or not spent.  We didn't do much with the Woodgate money and ended up losing our manager who would piss all over the current one.

Over how long a period of time?

I'm baffled by the amount of "Great deal for us" posts today.

We've lost a very good player AND

Ashley has proven in the past that he doesnt want to spend big on fees or wages.

The money is irrelevant as Pardew will see only a fraction of it.

"Great deal" :lol:

Abso-fuking-lutely

Over how long a period of time?

The next hour and 55 minutes.

fucking hell man mick - how long before you spot the trend. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The saddest thing for me, providing that Carroll's transfer request was as straight down the line as it's been presented, has been that it's once and for all shattered the illusion that players really do care about what a club means to the city, it's culture, it's history, it's importance, it's passion and it's people. It's really sad, especially when you believe that a player is just as much a fan as you are. I feel like I've been lead up the garden the path.

Someone f***ing rip-up that twats contract.  I hope Pardew will discpline him as that must be breaking clubs rules.

Pardew should call him into his office and smack him. Leaving him crying on the floor. Fucking little twat face, been at Newcastle since he was 11 and says that . Fuck off Donaldson , you shit cunt, got a littler heart than Danny Guthrie.

You mean the tendency of many posters to descend into gibbering lunacy?

:weep:

Remember when we had a manager most of us liked and respected and had a team that was a great bunch of lads?

3 months ago- and people were saying Ashley could destroy it all at any moment.....

Guest elbee909

Someone f***ing rip-up that twats contract.  I hope Pardew will discpline him as that must be breaking clubs rules.

Pardew should call him into his office and smack him. Leaving him crying on the floor. Fucking little twat face, been at Newcastle since he was 11 and says that . Fuck off Donaldson , you shit cunt, got a littler heart than Danny Guthrie.

Pardew should shag his girlfriend.  And his mum.  At the same time.

The saddest thing for me, providing that Carroll's transfer request was as straight down the line as it's been presented, has been that it's once and for all shattered the illusion that players really do care about what a club means to the city, it's culture, it's history, it's importance, it's passion and it's people. It's really sad, especially when you believe that a player is just as much a fan as you are. I feel like I've been lead up the garden the path.

:(

They're all wankers.

Think how sexy those accounts are going to look though. That revenue column is going to be throbbing.

Yes well said, this is why this hurts a lot more than most outgoing transfers. Andy Cole for example was a tremendous talent but he had no real deep rooted loyalty for the club. We've been told though many times that Carroll was living his dream as a Geordie and loved the club.

As I mentioned in another thread, its the lies that piss me off.

Most lads round here would give their right bollock to get that black n white number 9 shirt. This waster gets it then jumps ship when he sees the money. Yeah Ashleys a cunt and couldve kept him here, but that wouldnt disguise the fact Carrolls took us all for a ride. Fucking cretin. Hope his thigh never fully heals and he gets his comeuppance on a night out in Liverpool.

You mean the tendency of many posters to descend into gibbering lunacy?

Dave how does that Ignore user  function work?

teasy  regardless of the order of the events.

Are we selling the clubs best striker?

Are you happy about this?

Do you think 50k fans deserve better?

Where does this leave Ashleys 5year plan?

Do you believe the club will progress under Ashleys ownership?

Its not the order of events I'm arguing with, its the events themselves.  Anyone who reckons Carroll was made to put in a transfer request is a lunatic in my book (and that includes that horrible saggy faced contemptuous t*** on SSN).

But to answer your questions.  Obviously yes we've sold our best striker, no I'm not happy but I'm not as suicidal as some on here.  All Newcastle fans deserve much better, from Andy Carroll.  But as good a player as he is and as much as I supported him because he was a Newcastle player I've never been under the illusion that he's anything but a horrible big headed t*** in reality, so it doesn't surprise me that much.  Where it puts Ashley's plan is actually totally in Ashley's hands, he can do alot with that money if its spent on the right players.  £35m spent on 4 quality players would put us in a much better position then we were with Carroll in the side and no new players.  I actually do believe we can progress, but the key will be the summer.  The club should no longer be losing big money and we've received £35m for Carroll, so I expect major moves in the summer.  Without them I'll lose any belief in Ashley.

Doubt we'll receive £35 million all in one lump, like.

Thats what pisses me off tbh ,we pay up front and no string hanging down and yet players leave us and that 35 million will be paid in installments for about 20 yrs ,ffs Ashley thats how football works and you are probably the only owner who works in this way .

Good Business, 35 million. No way is he worth that.

If we get twenty five million of that to spend on the team i'd be satisfied, if fatboy pockets the loot then I will know what our club is all about now...

WE only need 10 more points and apart from our striking dept. I think we have a decent team.

P.S. Have we signed Ireland or not????