West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

So no one here thinks he is useless anymore then?  :rolleyes:

Him and Lovenkrands are undroppable for the next fixture

Last night just highlighted his problem. Consistency.

He will play poorly against say Derby or at Leicester then he will have a good game against Cardiff, it's that old argument of "Why can't he do that every week?" He even showed it last night, first half he scores a header with a man marking him, in the second half he spoons one into the ground when he's un-marked. He's almost Beckford esq in the sense he needs to be motivated, which is a disgrace and an annoyance because when he isn't up for it, he rolls around moans and shouts at refs and is not the handful for defenders his height and size normally is.

Guest Heneage

Where did I say his career is over? He's a good young player who needs to work on certain mental aspects of his game, I never said he was shite I just said his game lacks consistency, and you call Ronaldo a know all gobshite....

Last night just highlighted his problem. Consistency.

He will play poorly against say Derby or at Leicester then he will have a good game against Cardiff, it's that old argument of "Why can't he do that every week?" He even showed it last night, first half he scores a header with a man marking him, in the second half he spoons one into the ground when he's un-marked. He's almost Beckford esq in the sense he needs to be motivated, which is a disgrace and an annoyance because when he isn't up for it, he rolls around moans and shouts at refs and is not the handful for defenders his height and size normally is.

How can you get consistenty - especially for a young player - to be isolated up front on your own most games?  Have long balls punted up to you all afternoon?  Also Butt and Smith midfield maestros??

Put him in a team that creates chances like yesterday.. and what do you know he has a good game.. he had their keeper beaten 4 times..  his two goals, when he hit the post and another one cleared off the line.

fucking hell man. Players who are poor can still be praised when they have a good game. Noone's going to slate him when he blatantly played well yesterday.

Where did I say his career is over? He's a good young player who needs to work on certain mental aspects of his game, I never said he was shite I just said his game lacks consistency, and you call Ronaldo a know all gobshite....

I never said you did you fuking muppet, im only commenting on the way people go on about him.

Not because he's only just 21 then?

Exactly. He's technically still a 'hot prospect for the future'. He's doing bloody well for his age. Still got 5 years till peak age aswell pretty much.

Beckford is 26 now. Would rather have Carroll and Ranger.

I feel sorry for him at times. Isolated is the correct word. Sometimes, when we play away and all we do is whack balls forward for him there is little he can do. Half the time you've got our midfield picking the ball up deep and hitting it long towards Carroll who is 9 times out of 10 up there on his own. Carroll is definately a palyer who works best in a 4-4-2 formation tbh, when he's ghot someone feeding off him.

I personally quite rate him, he's frustrating at times in that he's a bit inconsistent, but he does know how to finish when he's on his game and is a massive hand full against defenders.

He's only young, give him some time to develope, work out the inconsistencies and the raw aspects and he could be a good player.

Not since the days of Alan Shearer over a decade ago have Newcastle fans had a major interest in England games, but Carroll's emergence at international level would change that.

Owen forgotten about :laugh: I like it :lol:

Carroll just needs to get some consistency in his game. He looked very lively on Friday but there are times when he seems to spend most of the 90 mins falling over. For such a big lad he doesn't hold the ball up as well as he could. He does attack the ball well on crosses though.