West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should be transfer listed. :sadnod:

:thup:

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

Bellamy is a prime example why you shouldn't ship out promising players with a bad attitude, Manchester City's most important player easily. Hughton should/must sort it out behind closed doors.

I think Hughton could get that sorted out that way tbh. He also got that little Barton incident out of the pictures quickly (at the start of the season)

Still gutted that this has happened today...

Bellamy is a prime example why you shouldn't ship out promising players with a bad attitude, Manchester City's most important player easily. Hughton should/must sort it out behind closed doors.

Bellamy was our best player at that time, Carroll so far hasn't proved anything other than he's a decent striker in the championship.

As good as he is, Bellamy isn't more important than Tevez btw.

You cant always judge how a striker will perform in the prem beforehand, Amr Zaki is a prime example, I think if Carroll played for a creative team and under a top-notch manager, in 3-4 years time he could be a classy striker. Shouldnt really sell a player just for a bust-up, try and resolve matters indoors, fine them, punish them etc.

At the end of the day Carroll is important for us in this moment of time, hes our leading goalscorer as well, stick with him for now.  :thup:

These incidents involving Barton and now Carroll are symptomatic of the general lack of discipline in society and in particular, the acceptance of such behaviour by many of the general public because they see it go unpunished(or hardly punished)in the courts.

Of course, we are not yet party to the whole picture(and probably won't ever be), so cannot blame either player totally for this incident - however, IF Carroll is responsible, this cannot be allowed to continue.

Human Rights Lawyers - and Laws-(the scourge of the modern age)who go on to become politicians are largely to blame for the lack of severe punishment which would otherwise act as a deterrent for such incidents ; footballers think they are immune from public censure because they earn far more than the fans who watch them and the limp-wristed penalties from the Prem & FA(a result of a cosy relationship with the Players' Union)do nothing to make them think again.

Carroll is a potentially good striker who is going to wreck his career with this sort of behaviour, just as Barton has - the people who suffer as a result are the fans who, if he is sentenced to jail, will possibly see their side struggle without him, not to mention the club and management who will take the rap for any fall-off in results. NUFC are not in a position to compete for top strikers, even if Ashley were to give the manager the funds, so the chances are that Carroll's absence will damage the club's prospects even more than Barton's has(you can get midfielders much more easily than forwards).

We can only hope that notihing happens before the club get promoted because results would have been much worse without Carroll's goals and presence up front.

This would be his last chance as far as I am concerned - any repeat of this behaviour and I would list him - but only when the club has achieved its objectives.

Carroll's interests, after he leaves NUFC, are of no concern to the club ; the club's interests come first and until we are run as the Top sides are(and players are sold either if they get past it or are a problem, no matter WHO they are, we will be viewed as second-rate by all the top sides - and rightly so.

???

Think that's a bit much.

There have been training ground bustups since time immemorial, young men with too much money and big egos playing in a business where their careers are short and passions run high.

FFS, I've had heated arguments with people on my 5-a-side team, it's just a part of football. Obviously it never comes to blows, but the A-Train and S Taylor are both nob heads, let's face it.

Nothing to do with 'lily-livered liberals™' or 'political correctness gone mad®'.

You're right about the effects though, it's the clulb/fans that will suffer.

Sorry, but its EVERYTHING to do with 'lily-livered libs/political correctness' ; there is a general view among both lawmakers and Social services that a wrong-doer must have had a 'bad time', and therefore deserves 'compassion and rehabilitation', even when its blatantly obvious that the idiot concerned is simply mad, bad or acts like a spoilt child.

i think you'll find those theories tend to filter down from 'psychologists', who do a bit of research on 'mad, bad' people.

Got to keep him I'm afraid, in reality I think he should go, but unfortunately football doesnt really operate in the same way that society does whereby someone who does wrong gets punished and shunned for future employment etc. 

In reality 80% of the jobs out there are replaceable, theres always someone more willing and more skillful to take your place for free so the moral code is a lot easier to uphold, in football however players are considered assests,  sacking aplayer serve no purpose whatsoever as the player will be happily snapped up by another club.

In short the club doesnt benefit whatsoever by sacking him, but can benefit massively by keeping.

Its a no brainer Im afriad. Unfortunately.

Guest Brazilianbob

Bellamy was our best player at that time, Carroll so far hasn't proved anything other than he's a decent striker in the championship.

As good as he is, Bellamy isn't more important than Tevez btw.

You cant always judge how a striker will perform in the prem beforehand, Amr Zaki is a prime example, I think if Carroll played for a creative team and under a top-notch manager, in 3-4 years time he could be a classy striker. Shouldnt really sell a player just for a bust-up, try and resolve matters indoors, fine them, punish them etc.

At the end of the day Carroll is important for us in this moment of time, hes our leading goalscorer as well, stick with him for now.  :thup:

And its exactly that sort of attitude that makes him think he can get away with doing this sort of stuff.  He needs to be vere very heavily fined, although I know he can only be fined two weeks wages, but he should be confined to the reserves for at least the first three months of the new season as punishment, and he should also be excluded from a share of first team win bonuses etc for next season.  If you or I broke someones jaw at work we would be at serious risk of prison never mind the sack!  If Taylor decides to press charges then it's prison for Carroll and it will be fully deserved in my opinion.

Guest sittingontheball

Anyway, top marks to the lad for stepping up when it counts and ffs someone get hold of him and stop him from throwing it away.

Feck me that didn't take very long.

Out of fairness, Taylor may have swung first. Just a possibility like.

They are taking about some ex of Carroll's being the reason. The "is a team-mates ex off limits?" chestnut again. Or as they (possibly don't) say in France, "cherchez la femme".

Guest sittingontheball

The other one of course is what if we sack him and he signs for Forest tomorrow? Or Wigan or Hull or some other team you don't like. Plenty of teams will have him, you can be sure of that.

Guest neesy111

Lee Ryder ffs: But the big striker worked his way back to form to such an extent that he courted the attention of England boss Fabio Capello, who was assessing his chances of participating at senior level during the Three Lions’ next European Championship qualifying campaign for the 2012 tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

:facepalm:

Guest bobthemag

Got to keep him I'm afraid, in reality I think he should go, but unfortunately football doesnt really operate in the same way that society does whereby someone who does wrong gets punished and shunned for future employment etc. 

In reality 80% of the jobs out there are replaceable, theres always someone more willing and more skillful to take your place for free so the moral code is a lot easier to uphold, in football however players are considered assests,  sacking aplayer serve no purpose whatsoever as the player will be happily snapped up by another club.

In short the club doesnt benefit whatsoever by sacking him, but can benefit massively by keeping.

some people may not like it, but what is good enough for Chelsea, manU, Liverpool and their players indiscretions is good enough for Newcastle.

Point about Craig Bellamy is also relevant. The team and the club sufferred.

Carroll, by all accounts, should be behind bars by now. No-one is above the law? Well if rumours regarding him in the recent past, including this, are found to be true, he's climbing pretty close.

Unfortunately he's vitally important for you at the moment so I would be shocked if he gets anything more than a fine and a slap on the wrists. Which is a crying shame.

Carroll, by all accounts, should be behind bars by now. No-one is above the law? Well if rumours regarding him in the recent past, including this, are found to be true, he's climbing pretty close.

Unfortunately he's vitally important for you at the moment so I would be shocked if he gets anything more than a fine and a slap on the wrists. Which is a crying shame.

Why?  What has he been convicted of?  If he's found guilty of an offence at this court case but not sent to prison because that offence doesn't warrant it, does that mean they've got wrong?

Guest prestonj1989

Is he still in the squad tonight?

According to .com he has travelled down to meet up with the rest of the squad and is available to play.

Guest toonlass

He might have a short fuse off the pitch but it's funny how he can hold his temper on it. He hasn't stood out to me as a violent player, but then he loses his rag outside of work for nowt (so it seems, I could be wrong).

Why?  What has he been convicted of?  If he's found guilty of an offence at this court case but not sent to prison because that offence doesn't warrant it, does that mean they've got wrong?

I'd find it incredible that he would avoid a prison sentence if he were to be convicted of assault occassioning ABH, which I'd dare say this comes under (if true). What happened to the apparent glass-throwing incident anyway?

He might have a short fuse off the pitch but it's funny how he can hold his temper on it. He hasn't stood out to me as a violent player, but then he loses his rag outside of work for nowt (so it seems, I could be wrong).

Aye i can't remember him ever looking like he might pick up a red on the field.

Lee Ryder ffs: But the big striker worked his way back to form to such an extent that he courted the attention of England boss Fabio Capello, who was assessing his chances of participating at senior level during the Three Lions next European Championship qualifying campaign for the 2012 tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

:facepalm:

He just doesn't give up with it. He's even worse than Oliver.

Guest barnabox

some people may not like it, but what is good enough for Chelsea, manU, Liverpool and their players indiscretions is good enough for Newcastle.

The point about principles is that they are not principles if you abandon them just because sticking to them would make your life more difficult/inconvenient.  Yes the club may suffer if we got rid of AC, but we should decide whether the alleged behaviour is the sort of thing that we want to condone.  If not, then we should get rid, even if we suffer.

Guest Phil K

And its exactly that sort of attitude that makes him think he can get away with doing this sort of stuff. 

The examples of players doing this kind of thing and being booted out are few and far between.

Once again, why should we sacrifice our possible promotion to please others ?

He's an ars*hole charver, no doubt.

What he needs is to be thumped by a REAL hard man.

Booted out is just OTT - ridiculous.

The point about principles is that they are not principles if you abandon them just because sticking to them would make your life more difficult/inconvenient.  Yes the club may suffer if we got rid of AC, but we should decide whether the alleged behaviour is the sort of thing that we want to condone.  If not, then we should get rid, even if we suffer.

Which is fair enough if the rest of the football clubs adhered to the same principles, which they wont' and/or don't.  As it stands if we get rid of Carrol then it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. None. We uphold a moral code that no one else will, no one learns, no message gets sent out.

"Newcastle united won't take any of your shit, but most clubs who want you will..."

Getting rid is a lose, lose and lose situation.

Guest icemanblue

Him and Tayls need to make up, both go see the text message slut in question and spitroast the biatch, smiles all around.

Is that before or after we cancel Andy's contract?