West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Loven11

How many is that in total this season for the lad? 15?

Pretty sure it is, 13 in the league and 2 in the cup against West Brom iirc.

Guest BooBoo

The cool kids (aka the pathetic sad sack socially clueless) will still harp on how he falls down a lot and isn't a good lad.

The cool kids (aka the pathetic sad sack socially clueless) will still harp on how he falls down a lot and isn't a good lad.

more concered about the fact he will be in prison

its ok,  his courtcase is at the end of the season, if he gets sent down it'll be in the summer, he'll be released in time for pre season training! ;-)

Guest sittingontheball

Not far off being as good as ken jones and big clubs after him. He is a rare player nowerdays, look at sidebe at stoke ffs, andy does what he does and even scores every now and again.

He's not as strong on the ball as Jones, but that's still a good comparison. He's younger and may fill out too.

Jones' best haul was for Southampton in the Championship. 14 in 35 appearances at roughly the same age as Carroll now. Carroll has 13 in 27 in I guess a far better team.Spuds and Liverpool are rumoured to have been in Jones, so the "top 4" comment is not as stupid as some of AC's performances earlier in the season may have suggested.

Anyway, top marks to the lad for stepping up when it counts and ffs someone get hold of him and stop him from throwing it away.

The last two games he has really upped his general play which is good to see. He has a reason to be playing with that swagger now, whereas previously he was scoring goals but looked far from convincing. Still he needs a good coach to bring out the best in him.

The last two games he has really upped his general play which is good to see. He has a reason to be playing with that swagger now, whereas previously he was scoring goals but looked far from convincing. Still he needs a good coach to bring out the best in him.

Sort of whats happening now isn't it?

Who's the good coach we've got like?

Who's the good coach we've got like?

fuck knows! but he must be doing something right :)

Remember what Buffon said about AC after we played Juve in friendly a few years back.

Buffon tipped Carroll for great things, saying after the match: "Carroll played like what we call in Italy a ‘paintbrush striker’. He was there to add the finishing touch. He played well on his own.

"He will be an asset because he can find the smaller players around him in different ways and has already shown he has great awareness."

Yeah, but he only said that because he deserved to be sent off for twatting Carroll in the stomach with his knee. AC did play well though, feels like a decade ago, that pre-season.

Probable a confidence thing tbh and suited to playing with Loverpants than Best , he  had a good game yesterday and deserved that goal as he never gave up and showed a hunger that he was lacking previously .

I really like Andy Carroll and I sincerely hope that we keep hold of him as I think that with the right nurturing (which he is getting from CH now) I think that he would be more than capable of taking on the No 9 shirt.

He reminds me of a cross between Alan Shearer and Faustino Asprilla! (I know that may sound odd but that is just how i see him)

He's got an absolutely belting cross on that left foot. Shearer-esque.

His cross is magnificent, don't want to build him too early but for me he's got more all round ability than Crouch and Heskey. Plenty of potential to become a good PL player.