West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Agree with Inochi and junkead on this one. No way should he be sacked or whatever - he wants to be fined, warned about his future conduct, made to apologize to Taylor and then a line needs to be drawn under it asap.

If this is all true, ofc.

That's about as likely to improve his attitude as watching a 1978 VHS documentry on the dangers of adverse team morale, hosted by Michael Winner.

So much of our success revolves around confidence and team morale right now. If true, a bar glassing incident, breaking the jaw of a teammate to mention but two - he has to go; good player or not.

:lol: As someone just mentioned in the other thread. Would you have had Shearer not play for the club again after smacking Keith Gillespie?

I said before, it could have been one 'lucky' punch which resulted in the break.

I didn't agree with Shearer hitting Gillespie and should have been punished for it but like all things in life the punishment should fit the crime, common assault is a lesser crime than GBH.

Agree with Inochi and junkead on this one. No way should he be sacked or whatever - he wants to be fined, warned about his future conduct, made to apologize to Taylor and then a line needs to be drawn under it asap.

What happens if they did after the N'Zogbia & Blu Bambu events?

Guest icemanblue

:lol: As someone just mentioned in the other thread. Would you have had Shearer not play for the club again after smacking Keith Gillespie?

I said before, it could have been one 'lucky' punch which resulted in the break.

I didn't agree with Shearer hitting Gillespie and should have been punished for it but like all things in life the punishment should fit the crime, common assault is a lesser crime than GBH.

Give over, man. You've got no idea what harm Shearer did to him. :lol:

If it's true and the police become involved then he'll probably get time and I would guess that he'll be looking at 18 months.  If he was charged with intent then that could double.

I'd sell him ASAP. Damaging to team morale if it's true, and he's starting to build up a track record of being a cunt, and I in general just don't like him.

If it's true and the police become involved then he'll probably get time and I would guess that he'll be looking at 18 months.  If he was charged with intent then that could double.

He's a footballer = slap on the wrist

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell, man. Mick QC, on the case.

Guest malandro

I’d say the club launching an internal investigation and gagging the players suggests it true, unfortunately. 

I’d say the club launching an internal investigation and gagging the players suggests it true, unfortunately. 

it does lend truth to it, if it wasnt they'd be denying it when asked rather than no comment

Guest icemanblue

Give over, man. You've got no idea what harm Shearer did to him. :lol:

Do you know what harm Shearer did to him?

Shearer on Gillespie

And then there was the Keith Gillespie affair in Dublin.  “Keith had had a few too many and started knocking glasses off the bar”, and thumped Alan on his back. Gillespie refused to apologize so Alan took him outside and decked him. Steve Howey took Keith to the hospital and although they had agreed that it was supposed to be that he’d “fallen down”, Howey decided to change that to “knocked down by a car.”

Needed a trip to hospital. Nice bit of common assault for you there, your honour.

Taylor probably said something to wind him up. He looks like the type of cunt that can't keep his mouth shut. To be fair as long as Carroll's hand is ok for tomorrow I don't care :lol:

This means he truly is the new Shearer, then?

Aye , he just need to find an opposition player who he can fight with like Shearer and Keane.

You just reminded me of his sending off at your place. I distinctly remember Shearer's face as if "bring it on, you punk". Boss moment that was.

Take a step back every one screaming for Carroll's head. He's the best striker we have right now and is one of the key reasons we've been doing so well. Hughton could do a Souness and get rid, a la Bellamy, or he can manage the situation. Hughton will plump for the latter and diffuse this.

Steven Taylor would have had as much to do with this as Andy Carroll, he's not stupid. You don't wind up someone who is obviously from the Joey Barton school of anger management and I can imagine Hughton will be just as livid with Taylor too.

Don't hate on the lad for this, he is very young and is maturing in terms of his personality and learning adulthood let alone football in the first team of his home town club. Give the lad a break, get behind him, lets hope Hughton can steer this anger towards the opposition instead.