West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suarez was brilliant second half of the season. Just as good as Carroll was in the first half.

Only the 4 goals but assisted a canny few others, won penalties, stretched the opposition to and genuinely made them a much better, more dynamic side.

Suarez 4 goals in 13 for Liverpool

Carroll 9 goals in 13 for Newcastle

Didn't Carroll have something like 4 assists aswel? Anyway those are some pretty clear cut statistics.

And Carroll was absolutely everywhere for us and won pretty much everything in the air, he contributed massively to our form, which at the time was far better than anyone expected. He's certainly more 'effective' than he is a great footballer like, but he was extremely effective for us.

Football is about more than statistics. Suarez isn't even an out and out striker, he offers more when he's running the channels, dropping into wide positions, stretching the opposition, creating opportunities. People credit Dalglish for their turnaround but Suarez was the real difference.

Suarez made Liverpool a better side than Carroll leaving us made us worse.

Same with Carroll for Newcastle realy, only he did actualy contribute statisticaly.

True enough. I'm personally a massive fan of Suarez, he reminds me of a bellamy who can finish, only minus the attitude and plus the teeth.

Football is about more than statistics.

Suarez made Liverpool a better side than Carroll leaving us made us worse.

He scored 5 more goals in the same ammount of games (13), it's hardly a statistic you can just ignore. But even then it's not like Carroll never contributed to our 'success'.

And without Best our other strikers scored about 4-5 goals betwean them, we looked absolutely horrible in the final 3rd.

Same with Carroll for Newcastle realy, only he did actualy contribute statisticaly.

True enough. I'm personally a massive fan of Suarez, he reminds me of a bellamy who can finish, only minus the attitude and plus the teeth.

I like Suarez, he's quality to watch aswel, and I agree he'll probably be the better of the 2 next season for what it's worth.

I thought Carroll had a pretty shit second half to the season. Where as Suarez looked one of the best players in the league.

Carroll was immense in the first half of the season and we didn't slip half as much as i thought we would when he left.

I was tempted to drop this in NWOAT, but hey, it's Carroll and fuck Andly Carroll!  :angry:

The following is the status update of a Facebook group  called "Aussie Mags - Newcastle United Supporters in Australia"

Speaking at a Melb lecture this week #LFC Head of Sports Science revealed Andy Carroll has admitted to him he thinks he's an alcoholic #NUFC

I know we've all had a laugh about what a pisshead he is, but admitting to your club physio that you're addicted to alcohol is the next level up. (That the physio would then blab about it is another story :lol:)

Fuk me alcoholic  :lol:

Honestly his little nights out make me look like Frank Gallagher when I was his age. He's a young Geordie lad who drinks like any of us do/did at that age, only its not appropriate for a footballer. When we've seen the likes of Adams, Best, Gazza and Merson's lives and career's ruined by the drink way in to their later years, its a bit hard to accept he's a plonky when he's really just a normal lad who made it as a footballer.

Guest Heneage

To be fair it says 'He thinks'. I know folk who think they're alcoholics for getting smashed every Saturday.

I was tempted to drop this in NWOAT, but hey, it's Carroll and f*** Andly Carroll!  :angry:

The following is the status update of a Facebook group  called "Aussie Mags - Newcastle United Supporters in Australia"

Speaking at a Melb lecture this week #LFC Head of Sports Science revealed Andy Carroll has admitted to him he thinks he's an alcoholic #NUFC

I know we've all had a laugh about what a pisshead he is, but admitting to your club physio that you're addicted to alcohol is the next level up. (That the physio would then blab about it is another story :lol:)

Wonder how long he'll be staying as head of sports science with a gob like that on him.

I don't think a club physio would reveal such thing, unless he's totaly stupid.

This.

To be fair it says 'He thinks'. I know folk who think they're alcoholics for getting smashed every Saturday.

Just read this on another forum, if it's true it was good we got rid of him then.

Speaking at a Melbourne lecture this week, Liverpool FC Head of Sports Science Dr Peter Brukner revealed that two weeks after signing for Liverpool Andy Carroll came into his office and admitted that he thought he was an alcoholic.

He probably doesn't drink any more than lads from Gateshead his age. The only difference is, due to his status he can now afford to drink Cristal on the weekend, instead of a life drinking Frosty Jacks.