West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our business has been weird this summer. The last few years we never hear about bids, it is either pretty much a done deal or we find out about failed bids much later. Seems more like smokescreens although they are bids for the players we surely want.

At least this shows Ashley/Llambias have a good sense of humour. Sell player, buy whole team, re-buy player for much lower price. Net Spend around £10m.

if they pull it off it will be one of the best things thats happend to this club since the last time something canny good happend. ( couldnt think when)

why mess around with a loan deal,  if we took him on loan we'd have to cover his wages and are way out of our league.  Lets just go straight in with a cash offer,  apparently the offer was season loan then a £17m fee,  well lets just give them £17m,  we have 25% sell on so that works out at £12.75m.  Don't think wages would be an issue, think he'd happily walk back to play here again.

No one reckon Pards can envisage playing Carroll on the left?

What? :lol:

Left of a front 3. He is a strong runner and left footed. Not at all what I'd do but I wouldn't be surprised if it was being thought about.

Can't see him playing anything but centrally, wherever he goes. However, one attribute he has - which appears to have been completely forgotten about - is his crossing ability. Looked half-decent in the Championship.

He is a bit Shearer-esq with his flank running and crossing imo. Obv not quick, but a strong runner, gets momentum.

I would be very tempted to do that, inter changing with Cisse during the game. He has got good feet and like you say is a strong runner - he was everywhere for us at his best, dropping deep sometimes, popping out wide sometimes. As long as his fitness was top notch and he was focused I think it could easily work, and shouldnt be dismissed because he's a 'target man'.

why mess around with a loan deal,  if we took him on loan we'd have to cover his wages and are way out of our league.  Lets just go straight in with a cash offer,  apparently the offer was season loan then a £17m fee,  well lets just give them £17m,  we have 25% sell on so that works out at £12.75m.  Don't think wages would be an issue, think he'd happily walk back to play here again.

View to permanent deal. Of course the offer wasn't a £17m fee. They'd have snapped our hands off.

Carroll's confidence must be shocking at the moment. Rodgers is obviously desperate to get rid, if Carroll does stay at Liverpool for this upcoming season he's going to be shite. Will not get enough starts and his value will fall even more. Of they're gettingrid of him they need to do it now, just not to us

Don't want him back under any circumstances.  What the fuck are we playing at?

Exactly.

I hope we're taking the piss, if not this feels like one of those Ashley brainfart moves that don't fit into our strategy at all. Carroll can fuck off, and it doesn't fill me with confidence that we're looking at signing him TBH.

Guest James1892

Sure I heard something about a sell-on fee as well, does this mean they'd have to pay us some of the money back that we pay them if we buy him. I think that'd be funnier than the 12 grand interest.

Sure I heard something about a sell-on fee as well, does this mean they'd have to pay us some of the money back that we pay them if we buy him. I think that'd be funnier than the 12 grand interest.

Pretty sure the sell on fee was based on any profit they made from his sale.

By the way, following Debuchy and De Jong is this the third time we've had a bid dismissed as "not serious" this summer?

We're a joke like.  Parboo out

Shitdrew OUT.

HAUL HIM OFF the dugout.

Guest BooBoo

Tbh id rather us sign a more versatile forward with better movement, i'm just finding the whole scenario f*cking hilarious.

I'd take if it meant making Liverpool even more of a laughing stock than they already are.

It's all very well and good saying that, but who should we be signing?

Tbh id rather us sign a more versatile forward with better movement, i'm just finding the whole scenario f*cking hilarious.

I'd take if it meant making Liverpool even more of a laughing stock than they already are.

It's all very well and good saying that, but who should we be signing?

exfuckingactly.

gotta get whats there not some imaginary person who is better.