West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One thing that hasn't been discussed here much is his wages. We can cover them with a loan deal, but then when we decide we want to keep him what happens? I wonder if he'd even consider a paycut, doubt it.

That is one of the reasons i dont want us to go through with this.

1. 12m is too much IMO

2. We are building a squad who are good technically and versatile, Carroll is the complete opposite.

3. I have concerns about his possible negative impact on the dressing room.

4. As mentioned i'm certain his wages would be silly.

Positives are from a playing point of view, if Cisse and Ba for some reason are not cutting it then we can bring on a battering ram forward to break down defenses.

And ofcourse if he gets back to form, then we make Liverpool look like right idiots again.

But the negatives outweigh the positives for me, i'd rather use the 12-13m mooted on a forward and a midfielder ( if this money doesnt effect the money for a CB and RB.)

Guest andrew

1. 12m is too much IMO

2. We are building a squad who are good technically and versatile, Carroll is the complete opposite.

Positives are from a playing point of view, if Cisse and Ba for some reason are not cutting it then we can bring on a battering ram forward to break down defenses.

And ofcourse if he gets back to form, then we make Liverpool look like right idiots again.

But the negatives outweigh the positives for me, i'd rather use the 12-13m mooted on a forward and a midfielder ( if this money doesnt effect the money for a CB and RB.)

]

I think he'd be happy to take a pay cut to be honest. He has got technique in his locker too, people forget tbh. Other points are valid :) i'd be happy to see him back though.

Bringing Carroll on after 65 minutes in place of Ba would be a nice option. Some old fashioned 4-4-2 might be good in the Europa League too.

I can't remember if it was Zonal or Jonathan Wilson, but one of them said a big man is the most effective option to bring on late in the game if the other team has parked the bus.

Poll 1/3 of Newcastle fans are daft.

:lol: I genuinely think you're daft. Barely any reasoning behind any of your arguments. As far as I know you've not really given a solid reason as to why it would be so stupid to just not bother getting Carroll.

Try something else, maybe something that actually suits the way our team are going.

I'm surprised it was as many as 2/3 of people saying Yes TBH. If I'd guessed I would have said about 80/20 against. I'm out of touch with the people.

Possibly says more about the Chronic's readership than the average user on here tbf

Say we don't have as many games as we potentially might, say Ba and Cisse don't go to the ACoN and they stay free of injuries. What happens with Carroll then?

I just fear Pardew will compromise the team to fit him in when he isn't really required.

Say we don't have as many games as we potentially might, say Ba and Cisse don't go to the ACoN and they stay free of injuries. What happens with Carroll then?

I just fear Pardew will compromise the team to fit him in when he isn't really required.

there will eb games we need to change. sides will not just say- ok ba and cisse are still here fill your boots we aint gonna try.

:lol: I genuinely think you're daft. Barely any reasoning behind any of your arguments. As far as I know you've not really given a solid reason as to why it would be so stupid to just not bother getting Carroll.

Try something else, maybe something that actually suits the way our team are going.

:lol:  posted for just such a bite. If you read my posts ive given every credible reason for signing him, for what he brings to the team, the squad, and the fact he fits the description of a striker Pardew gave. daft?

Since when did winning an argument depend upon getting a bite ffs? :lol: Fucking hate shit like that. Every credible reason being :

1) He's massive and would be good to have on if we can't win by playing good football (sounds fantastic!).

2) Pards 'described' him.

Well, 1 he would not be good to the team, since he broke the jaw of 1/2 of our first choice CB pairing, and 2, I'm sure Pardew has described buying players with versatility, where is Andy Carrolls versatility? Obviously if Pardew is the oracle you should also take this into account.

Guest Spiria

Fear it too.

I want us to play on the field and not to jump the milfield.

1. 12m is too much IMO

]

I think he'd be happy to take a pay cut to be honest. He has got technique in his locker too, people forget tbh. Other points are valid :) i'd be happy to see him back though.

Tbh technique is'nt the main issue, more the versatile and movement part that is the concern.

Tbh the playing side isn't what concerns me, more the negative impact on the dressing room, wages and price.

Especially the price because i think we could use that money in much better ways.

Guest Spiria

If he comes back, I suppose I will have to do with the 4-4-2 and the play with the head (literally speaking).  :undecided:

:lol:  posted for just such a bite. If you read my posts ive given every credible reason for signing him, for what he brings to the team, the squad, and the fact he fits the description of a striker Pardew gave. daft?

Since when did winning an argument depend upon getting a bite ffs? :lol: Fucking hate shit like that. Every credible reason being :

1) He's massive and would be good to have on if we can't win by playing good football (sounds fantastic!).

Well, 1 he would not be good to the team, since he broke the jaw of 1/2 of our first choice CB pairing, and 2, I'm sure Pardew has described buying players with versatility, where is Andy Carrolls versatility? Obviously if Pardew is the oracle you should also take this into account.

who said anything about winning an argument? it was just banter. arguments can not be won on here- nobody changes thier mind, it just rolls on page after page.

Guest andrew

I see no way that he will drop cisse, Ba or Ben Arfa though. Pardew really rates all three and knows how effective they are.

there will eb games we need to change. sides will not just say- ok ba and cisse are still here fill your boots we aint gonna try.

I appreciate we will still need to change at times, but my second point still stands. He might not be required too frequently, and I don't think that is something would be reflected by his minutes on the pitch.

The Carroll we get back won't be the one we sent down there. I have a feeling he may return with his tail between his legs.

Pardew and Carver don't suffer fools lightly, especially Carver. If he was any threat to the dressing room harmony, there is no way we would be back in for him. In fact, i think Pardew and Carroll get on quite well.

As i mentioned earlier, Dekka and Mike will never get stung on wages and transfer fees, so don't be worrying about that.

The only arguement i can see for not bringing him back, is the one that he doesn't fit into our style of play and it's a valid one. I don't agree with the rest.

One thing is for certain, Andy Carroll needs to sack his agent.

Like most other players who leave Newcastle United, he'd have been better off staying put rather than chasing the money.

What do you mean things haven't turned out well for Habib Beye. He's got trips to the likes of Hartlepool and MK Dons to look forward to this year.

I see no way that he will drop cisse, Ba or Ben Arfa though. Pardew really rates all three and knows how effective they are.

I get the impression he really rates Carroll too.

Fear it too.

This is my fear too, especially since we've found out that players like Cabaye, Jonas and HBA are much more suited to the fluid 4-3-3.

It isn't Carroll's fault really. In theory you don't have to play long ball to him, but in practice actual human footballers don't seem to be able to resist it.

Since when did winning an argument depend upon getting a bite ffs? :lol: f***ing hate s*** like that. Every credible reason being :

http://i46.tinypic.com/er9wk0.png

who said anything about winning an argument? it was just banter. arguments can not be won on here- nobody changes thier mind, it just rolls on page after page.

Excuse my naivety but I had presumed at least some of the more regular posters would be able to form opinions but still have them moulded by others arguments. Suggestions are made and opinions are changed, it's the whole reason for putting across your argument in the first place :lol:.

Would you agree that we could buy a better striker who would fit in with our 433 better than Andy Carroll? I'd find it difficult to disagree with that statement, and therefore it's a no-brainer for me. I always want the best for my club, and I don't think he is, tbh.

Guest Spiria

Fear it too.

This is my fear too, especially since we've found out that players like Cabaye, Jonas and HBA are much more suited to the fluid 4-3-3.

It isn't Carroll's fault really. In theory you don't have to play long ball to him, but in practice actual human footballers don't seem to be able to resist it.

The problem I have with us buying Caroll is that he is a centerforward. What I would want is a second Ben Arfa on the left side of 4-3-3.

And Ben Arfa is not a right winger in a 4-4-2 and Cabaye is so much more effective in a advanced role.

Excuse my naivety but I had presumed at least some of the more regular posters would be able to form opinions but still have them moulded by others arguments. Suggestions are made and opinions are changed, it's the whole reason for putting across your argument in the first place :lol:.

Would you agree that we could buy a better striker who would fit in with our 433 better than Andy Carroll?

In theory yes I would agree. In reality its not that easy , we could find him - fuck about etc,unable to agree term, miss out etc.whereas Carroll is on the table and offers something imo. id take him.

Would you agree that we could buy a better striker who would fit in with our 433 better than Andy Carroll? I'd find it difficult to disagree with that statement, and therefore it's a no-brainer for me. I always want the best for my club, and I don't think he is, tbh.

That's a decent point when you put it like that - would be interesting to hear suggestions of possible strikers people might have if we did have up to 15 million to spend?

Looks like we were willing to spend close to that on de Jong but I've never actually seen him play so no idea how he compares to Carroll.