West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That is ridiculous money! Given how well we have spent in recent markets, I would hate to see us spend this kind of money on one player.

Especially one of our own academy products.

Well we got £20m to loan him out for one and a half years :lol:

That is ridiculous money! Given how well we have spent in recent markets, I would hate to see us spend this kind of money on one player.

Especially one of our own academy products.

Money recouped from letting Shearer get away for nowt. :lol:

£15m is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high even if true

Lets be fair though, still 20m profit.. maybe we get sell on too! Overpriced for sure but that is the problem buying English players or from other premiership teams. Im hoping for around 13m. Still to high but its reasonable considering we will pay upfront, he wants to come, they want rid.. I think he will hold out for us too which gives them even less room to negotiate, his value will only continue to plummet if they keep him, Rodgers doesnt want to use him and his comments have basically killed any chance of Carroll being in a good mindset to stay.

When did Ashley die and Shepherd take over btw? i must of missed the memo.

Selling Carroll for £15m and buying him back a year later for £35m would be more a Shepherd type deal..

Some loans have guaranteed purchases at the end (like Ibra signing for Milan), which seem pointless to me. I hope this wouldnt be one of those.

Guaranteed if he plays a certain number of games maybe, otherwise I don't see the point of the loan?

When did Ashley die and Shepherd take over btw? i must of missed the memo.

Selling Carroll for £15m and buying him back a year later for £35m would be more a Shepherd type deal..

True, compared the deals we have become use to under the Ashley era this is a ridiculous waste of money. It's borderline insanity, no scratch that it is insanity.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine it though

OUT

Carroll £35m

IN

Ba £Agent Fees

Cisse £9

Carroll £15

3 players (including Carroll) for approximately £10m less than we sold Carroll

|                                                                            /|\

|_______________________________________|    :lol:

Imagine it though

OUT

Carroll £35m

IN

Ba £Agent Fees

Cisse £9

Carroll £15

3 players (including Carroll) for approximately £10m less than we sold Carroll

|                                                                            /|\

|_______________________________________|    :lol:

It all looks so better now  :lol: would still rather see that money used on 2 or 3 quality players than Carroll though tbh.