West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

West Ham have stepped up their interest in Liverpool striker Andy Carroll by making a bid that could potentially break the club's transfer record.

The fresh offer would see Carroll initially move on loan with a commitment to buy the 23-year-old next summer in a deal worth more than £15m.

However, it is understood he does not view West Ham as a serious option.

The England international's preference, should he be forced to leave Anfield, is still to return to Newcastle United.

The Tyneside club, who retain a strong interest in the player, are monitoring the situation.

Seems a silly option to put that in the contract especially when they could easily get relegated. West Ham's board never learn though do they  :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

Hate Wham nearly as much as Liverpool, self styled hardest fans in football......chicken run.....lalalaalala

Bunch of thick cunts.

Hope they get him for £15m

We can go for a much better option.  Liverpool chuck £20m down the toilet.  West Ham chuck £15m down the toilet (probably all of their budget).  Carroll will flop under the pressure of keeping them up, they go down.. everyone's a winner, well everyone who supports Newcastle.

Guest BooBoo

We can go for a much better option.  Liverpool chuck £20m down the toilet.  West Ham chuck £15m down the toilet (probably all of their budget).  Carroll will flop under the pressure of keeping them up, they go down.. everyone's a winner, well everyone who supports Newcastle.

Who's the much better option? Does he want to sign for us?

Guest bimpy474

There will be some fucking epic long ball guff turned out at Upton Park next season if they sign him.

Why ?, we didn't hoy long when he played for us.

I take note that it is hippo head's team.

There will be some f***ing epic long ball guff turned out at Upton Park next season if they sign him.

Tbf it's Allardyce there will be some f*cking epic long ball guff whether they sign Carroll or not.

Whey obviously but if they sign him and play him ahead of Cole/whoever it'll be heightened as AC doesn't have as much pace in behind.

Who's the much better option? Does he want to sign for us?

Who's the better option than £15m for Andy Carroll?, buying nobody for a start.  Failing that any quick reasonably talented wide striker.  Carroll doesn't fit in with the way we play, I'd have him as a squad player as another option so we can change our play, but for nowhere near that money, and frankly I'd just rather we stayed away altogether.

There will be some f***ing epic long ball guff turned out at Upton Park next season if they sign him.

Tbf it's Allardyce there will be some f*cking epic long ball guff whether they sign Carroll or not.

Whey obviously but if they sign him and play him ahead of Cole/whoever it'll be heightened as AC doesn't have as much pace in behind.

Didn't they sign Maiga? i have to think that they want Carroll to go alongside him and Cole will be benched.

Still, your point still is correct.

In anycase i'm all for Carroll not joining and Liverpool making a massive loss in the process so this is a win-win for me.

Regardless whether the talk of 25% sell on fee is true or not.

I was up for us taking him before & still am, wouldnt pay more than 15m. I think his ability to improve is much higher than people realise & hes the potential to be huge in the prem. I just think he needs consistancy which im not sure hed get with Ba+Cisse about, but Pards obviously thinks he can manage it all so id be down. Though we'd not keep all 3 at the club for long if Andy did the business.