West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is their club record? Terrible move if he goes there...

£7.5m for Craig Bellamy if I remember rightly.

Be class if they'd bid £8m or something. :lol:

Bellamy at West Ham? ???

He was there a good year or 18 months. He even scored against us for them, at SJP in a 2-2 draw, the game where Carroll had them daft dreadlocks.

Fucking hell, must have forgotten about that amongst the Celtic, Cardiff, Liverpool, Man City, Blackburn, Team GB, Wales shirts that he's worn since he left us.

Still a ridiculously good player.

SSN "reporting " that there could be a deal on.  Ba plus £10mill for Carroll! 

Zero chance of this happening, just final day(s) of Ba's contract thing and some news needs to be generated on it

While I can see that Cisse-Carroll might work out as a partnership, nee way we should be swapping Ba for him like. Hardly resolves our depth problems.

Exactly, not to mention Ba is a better player anyway. As mentioned above they just need to talk about Ba before his clause disappears.

Ba's worth £10m more than Carroll, not the other way round ffs. :lol:

This!

But even if after the "clause" expires I wouldn't take 10m and Carroll for Ba, as said above a) Ba is the much better all round player and b) We need strength in depth, not a straight swap.

I've been agonising about this one, on it's merits and it's problems and I just think Carroll, at this stage would be a waste of money, we could get at least 2 quality first team players for the alleged 18m we're willing to offer for what would be a bit part player and a bench warmer, not good business in my eyes. We could get Debuchy and Remy for the same price tag, I just see Carroll as a step backwards. He's certainly not worth 2 Cisse's!!

For the kind of money that Liverpool are reportedly wanting, it can't be far off what you could get Llorente for. There can't be a manager out there who would choose Carroll over Llorente!

For the kind of money that Liverpool are reportedly wanting, it can't be far off what you could get Llorente for. There can't be a manager out there who would choose Carroll over Llorente!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60285000/jpg/_60285145_kennydalglishstill.jpg