West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well if it wasn't clear before it certainly is now. Rodgers/Liverpool don't want Carroll. Carroll has the position of power now. If he only wants to come back to NUFC he can just refuse to go to West Ham. Liverpool will either be stuck with an unhappy player on huge wages or they'll be forced in to selling him to NUFC on the cheap.

I bet West Ham are happy to pay his £75K+ a week wages. NUFC won't pay that so if Carroll does go to West Ham it will be a sign he didn't want to drop his wage demands.

Anyone worried we'll try to match it?

We will never match that in a million years.

considering it was said we'd never go after him in the first place not in a million years I say suspend all disbelief and wait and see what happens

Good, I honestly don't want him back here. Falling from grace really, leaving us to go to Liverpool, now moving to West Ham, he's never going to get a chance at a similar stature of a club.

Anyone worried we'll try to match it?

We will never match that in a million years.

considering it was said we'd never go after him in the first place not in a million years I say suspend all disbelief and wait and see what happens

True, but i really doubt we would even pay 15m for Carroll matter about 19m. I'm not concerned about us trying to match it at all if we were prepared to spend that much we would have pushed the boat out for De Jong.

Hmmm, guess it's Carroll's call now.

Are West Ham obligated to take him for 17m at the end of the year then or can they pull out if he's shit?

methinks they're obligated to bid 17m if they stay up but could then do something like offer him a fiver a week or something if they don't want him

Hmmm, guess it's Carroll's call now.

Are West Ham obligated to take him for 17m at the end of the year then or can they pull out if he's shit?

methinks they're obligated to bid 17m if they stay up but could then do something like offer him a fiver a week or something if they don't want him

Im sure all those details would have to be sorted and agreed already. What would be the point otherwise

Meanwhile all the west ham fans who believe in their tradition of playing football on the floor have just had any hopes that last season was just about getting the job done and Fat Sam would try and improve his football now are crying.

On the other hand what I saw of West Ham last season they were pretty poor but not complete hoofball

Good, I honestly don't want him back here. Falling from grace really, leaving us to go to Liverpool, now moving to West Ham, he's never going to get a chance at a similar stature of a club.

I see something in this. If he stays at liverpool and fights for his place he'll seem determined and loyal, LFC fans will take to that and he could quite easily be a bit of a cult hero. If he comes to us he's righting his wrong, admitting the mistake and would more than likely pick up from where he left, a little more in check and appreciative, but if he goes to wham I can see his career tumbling down the gutter, not doing as well as needed in his loan season then forever looking for another loan move out with the clubs getting smaller. he'll be signing on the dotted line for Hartlepool before the age of 30 if hd goes there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545

Andy Carroll: West Ham agree loan fee with Liverpool

West Ham United have agreed a £2m loan fee with Liverpool for Andy Carroll.

The deal for the England striker is with a view to a permanent transfer of £17m, providing West Ham United stay in the Premier League.

However, it is thought Carroll does not wish to leave Liverpool on a permanent basis.

The Reds turned down a bid from Newcastle to re-sign the player, having bought him from the Magpies for a club record fee of £35m in January 2011.

More to follow.

Well, if true Liverpool/Rodgers have shown their hand in that they really don't feel Carroll has a future there. If they're willing to let Carroll go for a season for 2 million without the guarantee West Ham will have to conclude the deal to make it 19 million (providing they stay up), I would even say they're desperate. Cue Carroll turning West Ham down and putting Liverpool in a very akward position when we come in with a loan with view to permanent bid on deadline day.