West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Anything on buying others - like Debuchy?

Some young striker from the championship as a squad filler and that's our lot i'd expect

Tell you who I'd love us to take a chance on - Thomas Ince. Looks dynamite every time I see him.

Left winger though.

Seems to play up front quite often when I've seen him, certainly doesn't play like an orthodox winger.

True, that and players can be better in different positions as they progress as footballers. Definitely talented the lad.

Guest bimpy474

Carroll deal is on rumors - waits till a credible newspaper publishes it.

Carroll deal is off rumors - immediately change the thread title.

:lol:

Unimpossible.

Just thought what about the speculation surrounding Scott Sinclair? Could be him, or is it pretty much nailed on Man City?

City involved = price too high.

He'd not join us ahead of them anyway of course. :lol:

Just thought what about the speculation surrounding Scott Sinclair? Could be him, or is it pretty much nailed on Man City?

City involved = price too high.

He'd not join us ahead of them anyway of course. :lol:

Agree he would probably rather earn a shit load and be 5/6 choice than earn a still good wages probably better than he can get renewing a contract with Swansea and be 3rd choice. The guy is not even 1st choice at Swansea.

I'd back signing a younger striker to come in as third choice, it would make more sense then Carroll.

I want Debuchy and a striker. Very unlikely but would be ecstatic if it comes off. 

:thup:

Someone quick and willing to run the channels.

I don't believe either to be honest. We have a way of not commenting on rumours and keeping our mouth shut, it could be a ruse for the fans th throw them off the scent, it could be something similar to force Liverpool's hand, it could be indicating that we still go for Carroll and force another clubs hand, it could be that we aren't even looking at that position and we are concentrating on other targets and just playing along to keep everyone away from what we are really doing.

I don't believe either to be honest. We have a way of not commenting on rumours and keeping our mouth shut, it could be a ruse for the fans th throw them off the scent, it could be something similar to force Liverpool's hand, it could be indicating that we still go for Carroll and force another clubs hand, it could be that we aren't even looking at that position and we are concentrating on other targets and just playing along to keep everyone away from what we are really doing.

or more likely we're just done

I'm not sure we have a clue what we're doing which will almost certainly lead to nowt being done.

I'm not too sure on that, maybe this Carroll business has bought them a bit of time going about business un-awares? Could be trying to take the power away from the selling club, if they are trying to fleece us we could turn around and tell them, fine we'll go get AC9 instead? Or am I giving them far too much credit.

I'd be surprised if we don't bring in anyone at all come Friday. I think we are more likely to buy a striker than RB. I think it maybe a case of Debuchy or nobody for RB.

Zaha?

You could be on the money with that one. I'd take him. Looks very raw though. If he could make a Victor Moses like improvement it would be good. How much though £5m-8m possibly?

I think it'd take a bit more than that to shift him - possibly around £10m.

I'm a bit surprised he's still at Palace. I was really wanting us to sign one of Moses, Hoilett or Zaha. He's raw, but he could turn out the best of the three.

Pardew's Palace connections might work in our favour.