West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't pay £15million for him anyway.

Yep. Scandalous price for someone who has had about 8 good games in 2 and a half years.

Also a scandalous price for someone who came through our own academy.

Yep. Scandalous price for someone who has had about 8 good games in 2 and a half years.

Not when we'd be up by £20m which has been spent on some good players.

Crikey, this is moving fast. Presumably leaked by Liverpool to get us (or others) to pipe up. I reckoned he'd go there for about £12m plus add-ons and I bet that's the case.

Not when we'd be up by £20m which has been spent on some good players.

Still doesn't quite sit right with me. £8-10m would be a fair price given his ability.

Even if we bid for him we'd be relying on the local boy shit, which I think gets overplayed, we're pretty unattractive right now. West Ham would probably be the best move possible for his career.

I was expecting us to make a bid, but no way we will match/improve on 15m. We could get a much better player with a better attitude for much less, so i hope we look elsewhere...

Guest Howaythetoon

He isn't worth 15m and there is no way we would pay that much when we can get much better for far cheaper. He's as good as theirs.

Guest hobshobs

If we pay 15m for Carroll I'll be pretty p*ssed off.

Aye. Why not extend Shola's contract by another two years and waste another million or so.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 6m

#LFC & West Ham agree fee in region of £15m for Andy Carroll. Player yet to decide if he wants the move. More on @BBCSport

Good it would just cap it for route 1 football and Pardmew.