West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That loss was around £6m wasn't it?

...an initial £19m with a further £1.3m of potential add-ons, is understood to have cost Tottenham an initial £12m. That fee will rise quickly to nearer £16m with further ambitious add-ons, linked to silverware he claims at Spurs...

Aye, around £7m loss then. :laugh:

If Pardew is staying I think it's vital we sign Carroll.

Totally agree.

How do you suggest we do that? He's only interested in money. If we don't match his Liverpool wages, he ain't coming. All this "he loves the Toon" shite is embarrassing.

:clap:

I know you shouldn't take the word of a snake-oil merchant like Allardyce, but didn't he say something like them not being able to afford him and comply with the FFP rules?

Of course they can afford him,West Ham are looking for a reduction from the agreed price.

Anyone think Liverpool would refuse an offer from us if we only matched West Ham's because it would look better selling to West Ham for £12m than to us for £23m less than we sold him for?

Yep.

anyone else think that then it would be as much up to the player ? if we offer for example 15mill, they offer 16mill but the player says he wants to come here and liverpool would blame the loss on dalglish ?

This entirely. If there's more than one offer on the table then Carroll will be sold to the club he chooses.

Or we could just sack Pardew, buy a genuinly good player for that money and stop hoofing.

Seconded.

BTW, just a thought, is 14-16m enough for Lukaku?

Guest palnese

Or we could just sack Pardew, buy a genuinly good player for that money and stop hoofing.

Seconded.

Don't think you'd get him for the double of that.

No chance they'd sell that low after the season he's just had. Lukaku is likely to go out on loan again this coming season but I can really see him having a future at Chelsea.

Guest palnese

Yeah, why would they sell Lukaku for any less?

He's got a cracking future, and it's not like they need the money or anything.

Seconded.

Think they paid £19m for him.

Well he will end up running his contract out then because there is noway in hell anyone is paying even 20m for him.

Unless they are extremely stupid anyway.

Sad that some people don't think Carroll is a genuinely good player. He would improve our attacking potency ten fold irrespective of who the manager is.

If he was that good why didn't he succeed at Liverpool? It's not like they were overloaded with strikers until they bought Sturridge this season.

I think he's good, and would improve us. But I also think he's not ever going to be great, and he's a thug to boot. Oh, and his style is not something I crave whatsoever. It's not like it's a question of AC or bust, there are plenty of other players around. No ta.

Well he will end up running his contract out then because there is noway in hell anyone is paying even 20m for him.

Eh? You just posted in the other thread about players improving yet you are unable to see past Lukaku being able to improve? 20 year old beast who scored 17 goals in the league. If Liverpool paid £35m for Carroll there's definitely someone willing to pay £20-25m for him if he was available at that price.

Eh? You just posted in the other thread about players improving yet you are unable to see past Lukaku being able to improve? 20 year old beast who scored 17 goals in the league. If Liverpool paid £35m for Carroll there's definitely someone willing to pay £20-25m for him if he was available at that price.

I did say unless they are extremely stupid tbf.... Liverpool were extremely stupid.

I did say unless they are extremely stupid tbf.... Liverpool were extremely stupid.

:thup: :lol: