The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

I see it's on Setanta Ireland, you'd have thought it would be on 5 or something.

CSKA reneged on their agreement with Five an dupped their demands last week, in the meantime O'Neill announced he was leaving almost the whole first team at home, so they told them to stick it.

We've actually looked alright so far. I am surprised.

So Villa are fighting in the PL to qualify for Europe.... where they can play their youth team because they're too bothered about the PL?

To qualify for the CL, there's a big difference.

I still think it's a bit of an insult to the UEFA Cup when Villa have a perfectly reasonable chance of winning it.

On a sidenote, do you think you'd cope with the CL? Do you have the financial capabilities to improve your squad in such a small period of time?

So Villa are fighting in the PL to qualify for Europe.... where they can play their youth team because they're too bothered about the PL?

I still think it's a bit of an insult to the UEFA Cup when Villa have a perfectly reasonable chance of winning it.

On a sidenote, do you think you'd cope with the CL? Do you have the financial capabilities to improve your squad in such a small period of time?

I dont know if we'll cope, or strengthen enough, but if we don't strengthen, it won't be due to lack of money. He's got pretty much an open chequebook, it will be about getting the right players in.

He's done it the right way so far, buying players to improve us in steps, i just dont think he expected to be challening for a CL place this season, so it has caught him on the hop.

I dont know if we'll cope, or strengthen enough, but if we don't strengthen, it won't be due to lack of money. He's got pretty much an open chequebook, it will be about getting the right players in.

He's done it the right way so far, buying players to improve us in steps, i just dont think he expected to be challening for a CL place this season, so it has caught him on the hop.

That's the thing. I fear that you'd be qualifiying for it too soon and if you do get into the group stages of the CL next season will you be able to cope with that and the league, as well as other games?

Imo you need a quality technical midfielder in the centre who can dictate games. Someone to complement Barry.

That's the thing. I fear that you'd be qualifiying for it too soon and if you do get into the group stages of the CL next season will you be able to cope with that and the league, as well as other games?

Imo you need a quality technical midfielder in the centre who can dictate games. Someone to complement Barry.

Possibly too soon, but it'd accelerate the development of the club.

Our midfield has been the problem all season, we just dont look coherent at times and give the ball away too much.,

Bizarrely, we're doing much better in that regard in Moscow at the moment.

Real were terrible, it has to be said.

Ramos.

pray to god he does'nt make i here.

Oh please shut up. Ramos has lifted Madrid from the absolute doldrums and won 9 consectutive league matches. Real have been bottlers in the CL for a few years now, and even saying that, there's no reason the players they have can't go to "best atmosphere in the world" Anfield and score a goal.

That's never a goal (Hull).

What happened?

The defender tried to flick it over the bar with a header and ended up hitting the underside of the bar. No way did all the ball cross the line, no way. Yet it was given immediately.

The best bit is that it was replayed on the big screen (probably an accident considering the nature of the decision) so the Sheff Utd fans and both managers are seething. :lol:

It's 1-1 now anyway.