The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

City beat inbreds 1-0! good stuff.

We're going down, so lets do everything within our power to drag them down with us!

not much power tho as we dont play them again :(

I know. :weep: Poisoning some of their players? Thats all I got...

ah good thinking we shud do what arsenal did to spurs a few years back altho we need to poison about 4 other teams for about 8 weeks mite be hard  >:D

Then what are waiting for then? Lets get cracking!

So opposition fans are only allowed on here now if they're rational?  If you'd been on a QPR fansite in march 13 years ago (yeah, obviously, but Im making a point) you'd have been rightfully furious over your team throwing away a lead that had seemed so strong.  And they'd have probably thought you were being ridiculous and arrogant and would have pointed out you were in an incredible position and should shut up whining.  Being a football fan is relative, and also invariably involves myopia, if you think I'm being insensitive then you're of course right, but I'm not talking in the Newcastle threads am I?

Bollocks. You went on a 14-game run of clean sheets and you claim to be 'below par' or 'pathetic' in comparison to last season. Which is a load of arrogant toss.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with Newcastle United, just for the record. I'm jealous of Manu, sure - but who isn't? That simply isn't related to the argument at all. This is a footy forum and i've got no issue with people talking about other clubs; not everything has to be about NUFC and i was responding to your post in a neutral manner. I just think you're talking crap, basically, irrelative of our situation. Be furious about letting a lead slip, sure, (furious is still a bit much like, you're still in the driving seat), but saying you're below par, and whinging about Ferguson's "obsession with the Champions League" (that pesky thing) just smacks of arrogance.

You don't realise it cos you're so used to success.

Manu fans. Urgh. Hock spit.

They have been below par several times this season though. Either side of that clean sheet record.

Nothing arrogant about it, he's used to the very best and he's not getting it at the moment.

So opposition fans are only allowed on here now if they're rational?  If you'd been on a QPR fansite in march 13 years ago (yeah, obviously, but Im making a point) you'd have been rightfully furious over your team throwing away a lead that had seemed so strong.  And they'd have probably thought you were being ridiculous and arrogant and would have pointed out you were in an incredible position and should shut up whining.  Being a football fan is relative, and also invariably involves myopia, if you think I'm being insensitive then you're of course right, but I'm not talking in the Newcastle threads am I?

Bollocks. You went on a 14-game run of clean sheets and you claim to be 'below par' or 'pathetic' in comparison to last season. Which is a load of arrogant toss.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with Newcastle United, just for the record. I'm jealous of Manu, sure - but who isn't? That simply isn't related to the argument at all. This is a footy forum and i've got no issue with people talking about other clubs; not everything has to be about NUFC and i was responding to your post in a neutral manner. I just think you're talking crap, basically, irrelative of our situation. Be furious about letting a lead slip, sure, (furious is still a bit much like, you're still in the driving seat), but saying you're below par, and whinging about Ferguson's "obsession with the Champions League" (that pesky thing) just smacks of arrogance.

You don't realise it cos you're so used to success.

Manu fans. Urgh. Hock spit.

They have been below par several times this season though. Either side of that clean sheet record.

Nothing arrogant about it, he's used to the very best and he's not getting it at the moment.

Erm... who's top with a game in hand again? ???

And who's letting it slip at the crucial stage of the season, when their main rival (Liverpool now) are playing their best football and have hit top form?

Who's players are mentally losing it? Who's just lost two games in a row?

They are still the team to beat admittedly. Even in some of the below-par games, they've still managed to get a result. Their next couple of games will be significant.

Why does that matter? They've still been below par, especially in comparison to last season.

And who's letting it slip at the crucial stage of the season, when their main rival (Liverpool now) are playing their best football and have hit top form?

Be a bit miffed with the last two results, sure, but Quklaani's original posts referred to the entire season. :thup:

Guest toonlass

Be a bit miffed with the last two results, sure, but Quklaani's original posts referred to the entire season. :thup:

Considering that Manure are still capable of winning 5 trophies this season, and he is posting on the board of a team that are staring relegation in the face, it does smack of arrogance tbh

Considering that Manure are still capable of winning 5 trophies this season, and he is posting on the board of a team that are staring relegation in the face, it does smack of arrogance tbh

I don't really have an issue with the context but yeah, exactly. Just over a week ago i was arguing with him about claiming to be ten points clear, prior to actually playing the game that would depend whether or not they were. The correlation of the posts just piss me off tbh.

Probably taking it a bit too far but i'm the first to admit that i've got a MASSIVE chip when it comes to Manu fans. :lol: Comes from growing up with a Manu-mad mate who's been to Old Trafford once. :nope:

Gerrard having the season of his life?

Certainly turning on the style when it's starting to matter. Some money time player he is!

He won't do the same for England a week on Wednesday though. :angry:

It's a real shame how Villa have collapsed by the way. I don't think they've won since early February. They're still in with a chance of claiming 4th place but they'll do well to regain form and confidence and their rivals are looking good at the moment.

Pretty sure it'll be the same top 4 as always when the season ends.