The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Anyone heard Bellamy's comments after the game?: :lol:  I'd love to bunch his ugly face one day.

That guy makes me laugh. The bit about Johansson was class.

Is this the most unprofessional live text ever?

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/03/28/Saturday-football-LIVE/gnid-46207/

20.35: The time has come for us to reflect on the shower of **** we've witnessed among the strikers of the home nations today. Kenny Miller, Carlton Cole, Emile Heskey, Warren Feeney...feel free to add more. We've got all of half time to do it!..

Guest Brummiemag

Not much consolation but things could be worse for us. Just got back from Gasheads v Stockport. Me, 2 other toon fans and 3 wolves fans were part of the 286 stockport fans at the game.

Stockport were appalling, but their fans were top class, real football fans 

3-0, Maxi.

Is it just me or does Jonas play like REALLY deep for the Argies? Doesn't seem to have been anywhere nearby on any of the three goals.

I was thinking this, he doesn't even make an effort to get near the box, its no wonder he doesn't score many.  Dunno if he's told to hang back or not.

He's low on confidence as well it seems, always looking for a pass rather than beating his man a few times.

Last day of vacation in Spain today. I was at the Bernabeu for Spain v. Turkey.

Pretty s*** game, but I got some excellent photos of a very impressive ground and it was a bit refreshing to be able to go back to being a clueless Asian football tourist without having to worry about the match result itself.

Spain had an off day but their defence was flawless. Nihat/Tuncay/Senturk took turns getting owned by Pique and Albiol, Turan was very lively but couldn't get past Sergio Ramos who completely owned the right side in one of the most epic right back preformances I've seen in a while.

Emre was played in a holding/playmaker role similar to what Roeder used to force him into and was pretty anonymous. Never knew the little Turk could tackle with such venom though.

Anyway, it was great fun and took my mind off Newcastle for a few hours. Then I had to come and log in here :lol:

I think we should play a 5-0-5. Just bypass the midfield of s***ness.

Harper

Beye    Colo    Bassong  Taylor  Enrique

Owen

Jonas                                          Duff

Loven  Oba

Yeah, it's impractical and probaly stupid. Several of those players are injured. But I don't care. I hate our midfield. It's damn near invisible anyway, so why don't we just bypass is.

I think we should play a 5-0-5. Just bypass the midfield of s***ness.

Harper

Beye    Colo    Bassong  Taylor   Enrique

Owen

Jonas                                          Duff

Loven   Oba

Yeah, it's impractical and probaly stupid. Several of those players are injured. But I don't care. I hate our midfield. It's damn near invisible anyway, so why don't we just bypass is.

You mean we're not bypassing it already?!

How did Salvador score? (watching the basketball)

Four or five simple passes, overlapping runs, defensive miscues and a massive gap between the shooter and the nearest defender. Blasted low into the opposite corner.

Four or five simple passes, overlapping runs, defensive miscues and a massive gap between the shooter and the nearest defender. Blasted low into the opposite corner.

Is that really what happened? or are you just rewatching the Arsenal match?

Meh...I think I'll watch this on ESPN 360 later.

Is that really what happened? or are you just rewatching the Arsenal match?

Meh...I think I'll watch this on ESPN 360 later.

:lol: Their goal was nice, man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7971140.stm

Ivorian stadium stampede kills 19

At least 19 people have died in a crush at a football stadium during a World Cup qualifier in Ivory Coast.

Fans panicked after a wall collapsed at the Houphouet-Boigny arena in the West African country's largest city of Abidjan, reports say.

At least 36,000 spectators were in the stadium, where hosts Ivory Coast beat Malawi 5-0.

The BBC's Ivory Coast correspondent John James says police tried in vain to control the panicking crowd.

He says the stadium was packed for the return of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, who scored twice.

Hundreds of fans have died in recent years during riots and stampedes at football games across Africa.