The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

This is the worst Brazil team in ages I reckon.

Ronaldinho is a shadow of his former self.

Kaka is overrated (but still good) and not in the league of Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard and Torres.

Robinho overrated as well.

Elano can't even get his game for Man City half the time.

Dani Alves is world class (their best player atm)

Defence rubbish as usual.

Guest Heneage

Dunga really has been under pressure, the results have been mixed, some good performances like a 4-0 away win, then other games they've been piss poor. In typical Brazil style as you've probably seen on the red tops this week, the team were partying as soon as they touched down.

What are Brazil like atm? Can remember prior to WC06 they were definites to win the thing, and ended up being pretty unspectacular. Is Dunga still coach?

Unconvincing, especially at home. Not scoring much from what I can tell either. Hardly lacking in quality individuals, Alves didn't even start today.

Guest Heneage

What are Brazil like atm? Can remember prior to WC06 they were definites to win the thing, and ended up being pretty unspectacular. Is Dunga still coach?

Unconvincing, especially at home. Not scoring much from what I can tell either. Hardly lacking in quality individuals, Alves didn't even start today.

Do you find that a bit baffling too? The fact Dunga never tries both Maicon and Alves. I know both are Right Backs at club level, but both do race forward, so you'd think one could play further up or on the left.

Do you find that a bit baffling too? The fact Dunga never tries both Maicon and Alves. I know both are Right Backs at club level, but both do race forward, so you'd think one could play further up or on the left.

A classic mistake many make thinking attacking fullbacks can play further up the pitch, they are good at attacking from deep with plenty of pitch in front of them. Look at  R.Carlos when he was at Inter because he liked to attack R.Hodgson played him a LM/LW. Arsne moved Ash Cole to Lb from LW for the same reason. Bridge is another who worked his way backwards as his early appearance for the Southampton were as a winger.

Guest Heneage

A classic mistake many make thinking attacking fullbacks can play further up the pitch, they are good at attacking from deep with plenty of pitch in front of them. Look at  R.Carlos when he was at Inter because he liked to attack R.Hodgson played him a LM/LW. Arsne moved Ash Cole to Lb from LW for the same reason. Bridge is another who worked his way backwards as his early appearance for the Southampton were as a winger.

Well Alves began at Seville in the right wing position. And I do seem to remember seeing Maicon play further up at Monaco.

Well Alves began at Seville in the right wing position. And I do seem to remember seeing Maicon play further up at Monaco.

That underlines my point. Did anyone take notice of Alves the winger? How many years is it since Maicon was at Monaco? Of course it can be done but the pair of them are limited when they play in a more advance role. Playing Maicon in the other wing back position is a better option.

Guest Heneage

That underlines my point. Did anyone take notice of Alves the winger? How many years is it since Maicon was at Monaco? Of course it can be done but the pair of them are limited when they play in a more advance role. Playing Maicon in the other wing back position is a better option.

While I see your point, you have to think how much is down to the better position, how much is down to player improvement in general.

Ecuador have been very unlucky but to be fair at the end of the day they've not put the ball in the back of the net so they've only got themselves to blame. Too many shots from range also. They've got decent wide players so I'm not sure why they don't utilise their width a bit more.

Guest kingdawson

They lack Brains ffs.

Bloody hell, how many fouls have Brazil committed, and this free-kick taker is awful.

I can't believe how ordinary Brazil were. Yes they were missing Kaka but they still had plenty of their big players out there, not that you'd have noticed. Ronaldinho was lethargic, Robinho was largely anonymous, Fabiano didn't have many chances, and the rest of them were pretty poor as well aside from maybe Melo, Cesar and (given he had an instant effect) Baptista.

Brazil was unbelievable, i can't understand why Dunga is allowed to manage this team. First of all he puts Ronaldinho on the field who is in absolutely awful form right now. Second of all when its going bad he decides he wants to put Josue in for Elano (who was shit, but Baptista should've come on instead). He leaves Pato on the bench. We are lucky to have drawn this, and Ecuadors nr.11 is a god awful finisher thank god for that. Now we're in deep shit in the qualifiers and i would to be honest absolutely love if we messed this up and would have to qualify through an extra round.

Embarrassing and im hoping a much better performance on Wednesday with Elano and Ronaldinho out for Baptista and Kaka.

This team is way to slow to be playing.