The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

He plays in the Russian second division and he's class?

By Asian qualifying round standards, yes.

Would probably be playing in a better standard league if he wasn't... well... North Korean.

Is North Korea's Fifa ranking of 106 a record low for a WC qualifier? It doesn't bode well (based purely on the Confederations Cup tbf) when they are ranked 24 places below New Zealand and 34 behind South Africa.

They are just two positions above Fiji  :yikes: Good luck to them in any case, is it possible for South and North Korea to be drawn together in the group stages?

Is North Korea's Fifa ranking of 106 a record low for a WC qualifier? It doesn't bode well (based purely on the Confederations Cup tbf) when they are ranked 24 places below New Zealand and 34 behind South Africa.

They are just two positions above Fiji  :yikes: Good luck to them in any case, is it possible for South and North Korea to be drawn together in the group stages?

they just have been in the qualifiers.

I meant at the world cup...

it would be possible but unlikely as they would be in the same pot, nowt to do with political reasons as proved by them being drawn in the same group in the qualifiers.

It's not allowed to be drawn with a team you've been in the qualifiers with.

that true ?

never knew that

that true ?

never knew that

Believe so.

that true ?

never knew that

Believe so.

im unconvinced tbh

I don't see how we could possibly meet at the WC considering that we're in the same pot... Impossible to be drawn in the same group so for it to happen both sides would have to make it to the elimination rounds.

At which point I would :fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap:

As they're both from the Asia qualifying group they'll be kept apart, I think it's only European (and perhaps South America) teams that can be in the same group simply because there's so many of them, everyone else is put in different groups from the teams that come from the same continent.

Guest ObaStar

the other day I saw north korea playing Iran on television. thought that was funny. 2 most explosive countries in the world

• 2 weeks later...

I wish death upon anyone enjoying the vuvuzela. If I was seated next to someone with one at the WC (If I went), I know for certain I'd end up in South African jail for pummeling whoever it was who had that fucking disgustingly annoying excuse for an instrument.

You'll know it's real when you hear it at NFL games.

Went to a Columbus Crew game a couple of weeks ago and they were everywhere. I'm starting to warm to them, as long as they're only used as accompaniment to offensive chants etc.