The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

problem wasnt getting rid of parker it was in failing to replace him. He's better than Butt, Geremi, Smith, Nolan and Guthrie. Barton is the only one better though he is a different sort of player and for obvious reasons rarely plays. Considering how slow and soft we can be in the middle Parker would make a difference as, for all his faults, he has an excellent engine.

Guest Stephen927

I liked Parker when he was here, it's hard not to like someone who grafts and isn't afraid to put his foot in... his trouble came when he was asked to play more offensively while Emre was asked to sit deeper.

He isn't the type of player who changes a game, more often than not he'll just keep play ticking, hold onto the ball to keep possession.

how we miss Scott Parker

Yep.  Pathetic making him a scapegoat when he was here.

A big case of you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

I beg to differ. I fail to see what he really offers when compared to Guthrie.

completely different players for one

How they, seem exactly the same to me, neither attacking or defensive, your bog standard centre midfielder, the only difference is Guthrie seems to have better technique.

Parker is a lot more defensively accomplished than Guthrie. Young Danny as you said has better technique, isn't half as dymanic as parker but sprays the ball about better and with more positivity

Problem with Parker was that he was never the same after his tackle on Bullard. still shouldn't have sold him though.

He was, it just took us that long to find him out.

:thup:

I had a massive argument recently about Parker being no more than average...you should have waded in to back me up you fecker!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Chelski one up over Coventry. Drogba again. He's doing well with Gus.

Great finish, goal out of nothing, Drogba at his best

Chelski one up over Coventry. Drogba again. He's doing well with Gus.

Great finish, goal out of nothing, Drogba at his best

More like shambolic defending, still a good finish though.

Guest Heneage

Brilliant break away goal from Chelsea. Excellent ball in from the wing by Quaresma.

do love Quaresma. Brilliant pass, I hope Chelsea sign him because at times he's a joy to watch.

Oh for f***s sake Sunderland 1 up

I though more people at this stop on the internet superhighway hated Spurs more. But I am with you in  "Oh for f***s sake Sunderland 1 up".

:sadnod: