The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Really enjoyable match that.  Great to see Porto get it back to 2-2, they really deserved it.

Fair play to them for taking the game to Man Utd, they bossed the first half.  Fernando and Hulk were very impressive.

Guest Brummiemag

Thought Porto were excellent tonight. They were positive, quick and skilful and fully deserved the draw. One of the best games I've seen all season 

Lets hope they can finish the job off next week

Want to hope Man Utd still play full strength at the mackems on Saturday, got a feeling Fergie might save some players for Wednesday :(

He's not stupid enough to let the bin dippers close in on them. It's Fergie after all.

Shows the strength of the Champions League in general really. Porto may not be a Barcelona or a Munich, but they have plenty of talented players, combined with a strong team spirit. Not surprised to see them deservedly take a draw, but have a horrible feeling Man Utd's experience will shine through next week.

Helton is really a shit goalkeeper every time I see him.

Helton had a really good game.  Made some excellent saves.

Can't say anything bad about him tonight.

Another amazing all-round performance by Rooney, I thought. Considering that he won't reach his peak for another 4 or 5 years, it's staggering to think what he might achieve.

Apart from all his other qualities, his ability to anticipate what's about to happen and get into just the right position to receive the ball is quite fantastic.

Another amazing all-round performance by Rooney, I thought. Considering that he won't reach his peak for another 4 or 5 years, it's staggering to think what he might achieve.

Apart from all his other qualities, his ability to anticipate what's about to happen and get into just the right position to receive the ball is quite fantastic.

Have to agree. I'm a huge admirer. His occassional outburts irritate me but he is a great player and does everything you could want really.

I'd take him over Ronaldo every single time.

Have to agree. I'm a huge admirer. His occassional outburts irritate me but he is a great player and does everything you could want really.

I'd take him over Ronaldo every single time.

...over Ronaldo??

World Player of the year and Ballon d'Or of the year right?  over 40 league goals last season, when has Rooney got anywhere near that?  Not to mention the amount of chances Ronaldo creates for others.  Sorry just find that statement incredible.

Sad as fuck but during the match I actually thought no doubt you'll be making a post about Wayne's brilliance post-match.